Cravings and Moodswings

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

"Darling..." My princess shook me awake.

"Hmmm? Your back hurts? Turn over.... I'll massage..." I mumbled half awake.

"No no... My back is fine... I'm hungry..." She said. This was the third time this week she woke me up for food. 

"What do you want?" I said with my eyes closed.

"You'll get it for me?! Yay! I want pork noodles and spicy rice cakes! Thank you!" She said excitedly as she gave me a peck. 

"Okay, go back to sleep, I'll wake you up when I'm back." I said, reluctant to get up but got up eventually. She nodded and closed her eyes.

I looked at the time and got a little shock. It's freaking three in the morning! Where do I go to find these food?

"Baby, do you want to eat something else instead? Something I can cook for you?" I said.

"No. You don't want to get them for me?" She said.

"I want to but-" She cut me off.

"It's alright. I can go and buy. Sleep if you want." She said, sounding pissed.

"No no, it's fine. I'll get them. Sleep." I patted her.

I went to change and grabbed my car keys and drove around the neighbourhood. The pork noodles was not difficult to find but the spicy rice cakes was quite a chore. Either the places ran out of them or I they were closed at this hour.

"Rice cakes.... Please appear..." I mumbled as I drove. I looked at the time, it was going to be four soon. That time when I took slightly longer, she flared at me. She is now five months pregnant with our baby princess. Yes, I'm going to have a baby girl. The two most important people in my life are my girls.

I thought she would be different judging from the first few months but I was wrong. I guessed all expecting mothers are the same. They have weird cravings and certainly extreme moodswings. I tried my best to accommodate her though. I know it's not her fault. She probably can't control them.

Finally, I drove past a 24 hour eatery which sold spicy rice cakes. I quickly bought them and thanked the person who made them. I drove back home immediately.

"What took you so long?! I told you I'm hungry!!" She yelled at me the moment I opened the front door.

"Sorry, if you didn't realised, it's quite difficult finding food at this hour so please don't get angry, it's not good for you." I said, placing the food on the living room's table.

"Is my baby girl hungry too?" I said as I caressed her baby bump which was much obvious now.

"Don't touch me!" She slapped my hands away. I sighed. There we go again. I should have known nothing good comes when she has crazy cravings.

"Fine fine, eat your noodles." I said, opening the container for her.

"You call this noodles? Did I ask you to get cold noodles?!" She shouted as she spat out the noodles on the lid of the container.

"I bought that first so I guessed it might have gotten cold. I can heat it up for you if you want." I said.

"Forget it." She said as she pushed the container aside. Was she going to waste that bowl? I guess I'll heat it up later.

"Yuck! What sort of spicy rice cake is this?! It's not even spicy! How am I supposed to eat it? You taste and tell me!" She yelled again. She took a piece and almost shoved it into my mouth. Indeed, it wasn't as spicy but I thought it was still edible.

"I know the taste differs from our usual but this was all I could find at this hour. Please be reasonable. Just make do with this? I'll get you spicier ones once the shops are open." I told her.

"No. I'm not eating this. Are you even trying to get food for me or you just went to some random shop and get it? Here I am carrying your girl and I asked you to do a simple task and you screwed up." She scolded. I was hurt by her words. 

"I'm not trying hard enough? I told you, it was the only shop open at this hour! Maybe if you don't have cravings at such weird timings I would be able to get better ones for you." I replied, feeling tired.

"Why are you shouting at me?! You're blaming me now?" She questioned. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"I did not raise my voice. Look, if you don't want to eat then I will just keep them in the fridge okay? I'll eat them later." I said to her. I had no energy to argue with her. I'm tired and I knew she was too.

"What's the point of having a husband then? I might as well do things myself." She suddenly said. That line blew my top off.

"Enough is enough! You woke me up at bloody three in the morning. I got up and bought whatever you wanted without complains even though I'm super freaking tired.  I controlled myself from flaring up so that we wouldn't argue in the middle of the night because I know and I understand that you will have moodswings and now you're complaining about having a husband like me?!" I shouted at her.

"What do you know?! You're the one that pissed me off! What's the point of doing something for me but in the end you're just going to screw up?" She shouted back.

"You're getting out of hand! I should have stopped your nonsense from the start. I was tolerant with you and this is how you treat me? I'm a human with feelings as well. I'm not made of steel! Do you know it hurts when you treat me like that?! I did not say I wouldn't get what you want. Can't you just appreciate what I'm doing for you?!" I was so hurt. She said I'm the one that pissed her off.

"How am I supposed to appreciate whatever you've done when you they're not even what I want?!" She shouted.

"I hate you!" She stomped back to the room. I had no intention of talking sense into her now. Would she hear? Obviously not. I know she's just saying that in a fit of anger but still, how could such words leave this easily. Am I really a bother to her?

I cleared the table and placed the food in the fridge before heading back up. I was actually surprised with myself. I could not believe I controlled her tantrums and allowed her to act like that. If it was me in the past, I think we would have already fought or I would have exploded a long time ago. Is it partly my fault that she became like that?

"Get out!!" She threw something hard at me when I opened our room door. It was so fast that I couldn't dodge it and it hit my head.

"You're crazy!" I closed the door and headed out. 

I drove to one of the boy's place.

"Daehyun Hyung?" The person said when he opened the door for me.

"Youngjae ah~" I said.

"Hyung, come in. What happened to your forehead? Did you fall? Where's Jieun? You left her alone? Why are you here so late?" He blabbered.

"So many questions. Which am I supposed to answer first?" I asked. He went to his fridge and took out some beer.

"All." He said.

"Thanks." I said as he handed me a can.

"We had an argument, she threw a remote at me and chased me out at this ungodly timing. She's mad." I said as I gulped down the can. I guessed my patience was wearing thin.

"So she's alone at home now?" He asked. I nodded.

"Is it safe for her to be alone now?" He asked.

"Sure it's safe. She's probably sleeping really soundly without me screwing things up. And I took her keys from her so she would not go out alone. She's perfectly safe at home." I said as I crushed the can of beer.

"Hyung, she's safe but are you alright?" He asked. I opened another can.

"Why wouldn't I be alright? I did so many things for her, not even expecting anything in return. All I want was for her to take care of her health and the baby's. Whatever she wanted I gave it to her. She wanted food from another area, I went there and get it for her. She wanted a massage, I gladly gave her a comfortable one. She didn't want to drink the tonics, I drank them with her if I could. When she had moodswings, I did my best to cheer her up and not provoke her. How am I feeling? I'm feeling super great now." I said sarcastically. I know I shouldn't do that in front of youngjae but I needed to get it out.

"Hyung..." He patted my back.

"Then what? Don't let me touch my own baby girl? Isn't she going too far? I'm just trying to be understanding towards her so why can't she do the same to me? Must I always be the one giving in? You know what? I don't mind giving in to her but even hurled mean words to me." I finished my second can.

"She said she hates me and she even told me what's the point of having a husband like me. Do you know how much it hurts when I hear her say it from . It hurts okay? It freaking hurts like mad." I opened my third can.

"Hyung... You know it's probably her moodswing... I'm sure she didn't mean it." Youngjae sided her. 

"What? I know she didn't mean what she say and said it in a fit of anger but the fact that she thought and even said it meant something right? Why can't she even consider my feelings? When I'm nice to her she don't remember. When I commit just a minor mistake, she insults me to no end. To think you're my best friend but you're siding her." I said as I got up. I guess I was a little drunk? I don't know. Maybe just really mad.

"No no. Of course I'm on your side but do you want things to escalate? You love her right? Maybe you should talk to her?" He said.

"I talk to her?! She should tell me what she wants from me! You know, it's alright if you're siding her. I can always go somewhere else." I said as I got up again.

"No, okay, I won't say anything. I'll zip my lips. Just stay here okay? Don't disturb the rest." He said as he pulled me back.

"But aren't you worried for her being alone now?" He said. I glared at him. Of course I'm worried but I believe she's sound asleep.

"Okay. Get it. I'll shut up. Let's just drink okay?" He said as we bottoms up.

 

Do check out the other two posters made by my lovely readers in the foreword! Thank you~ I think it's more meaningful to have my readers making posters for me than applying for some shop thingy which I have no idea how to. hee~

BAP TEASER PHOTOS ARE OUT.... OH MAN~~~~ AND MV TEASER WILL BE OUT TOO!! soon... I am not ready. hahaha~

Is my story not interesting? My comments are dropping... :(