Sick

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"Jieunnie~ Are you okay? Can I come in?" Seungho oppa knocked on my door.

"I'm fine... I want to be alone..." I said.

"Erm... Okay then. But if you need someone to talk to, you can always come to me anytime. Even if it's five in the morning, I'll listen. Rest well." Oppa replied.

"Goodnight Oppa." I said as I hid under my blanket. 

I tried to sleep but I could not. How could I fall asleep without difficulty in this state? My stomach hurts, I feel like vomiting but worst of all, the feeling of being wrongly accused .

His words got stuck in my head and they kept repeating like a broken recorder.

"If you want me to accompany you so badly you could have just ask. Why must you use this sort of low and dirty tricks?"

"If not you then who?! Asking me about the movies and then having food poisoning and all. Don't this sound like a wonderful plan?!"

"Can't find words to defend yourself?"

Why, Daehyun-ah why? Why accuse me like that?

Sure I have been accused for doing things I didn't do before by my stepfamily but it hurts more when someone I love accuse me like that. Am I even capapble of pulling something like that off? I don't think I'm that intelligent to do that. I thought you love me? How could those words leave your lips like I meant nothing to you?

I tried to be understanding. I really tried. You couldn't take long breaks, I brought food to you. We couldn't meet up often, I tried to stayover with you to at least spent the night together. So why are you hurting me like that? Am I not being understanding enough? Or am I not giving you enough space? Then again, if you wanted space, why can't you just let me know?

Are you regretting what you said? What happened to staying by my side when I'm unwell? You used to do that all the time in the past so why do something like this now? But then again, I shouldn't take it for granted that you will be by my side all the time.

Before I know it, I was in a sobbing mess under my blanket. I didn't want to alarm oppa so I tried muffling my cries. My stomach hurts, my throat hurts, my head hurts but nothing is hurting more than my heart.

 

"Jieunnie? Are you awake? I brought breakfast for you." Oppa said as he knocked the door. They sounded muffled to me though.

I opened my eyes and realised I've eventually fallen asleep. It was already morning. My face was sticky probably because I cried too much.

"Jieun?" Oppa called again.

"Come on, it's not healthy to coop yourself in your room and you need to eat to take your medicine." Oppa added.

I got off my bed and opened the door for him.

"Morning my baby dongsaeng." Oppa greeted with a tray of food in his hands.

"Morning oppa." I replied.

"Breakfast in bed?" He asked. I shook my head as I had not much of an appetite to eat.

"Come on, you need to eat. Just a few mouths at least?" He asked. I nodded. I took the tray from him and started eating. The porridge that looked so plain tasted surprisingly good.

"Nice?" He asked. I nodded.

"Good, eat up." He said. After I was done with my food, he handed me my medicine. I reluctantly took them. His actions reminds me of Daehyun.

"Thankfully, no fever." He said as he placed his palm on my forehead. 

"I'm not a baby." I told him, laughing a little.

"Like I said, you will forever be my lil sis." He ruffled my hair.

"There, so much better and prettier. That smile." He smiled.

"Are you willing to tell me what happened?" He questioned after being silent for awhile. I hesitated. Should I tell him?

"Daehyun accused me of something I did not do. Why must he say that I took the milk on purpose? I really did not." I said, tears threatening to flow.

"Shh... It's alright, don't cry." Oppa said but I bawled my eyes out. He hugged and comforted me.

"Then how did it end up in you?" He asked. I gulpped, not saying anything.

"Something must have happened right?" He continued. I looked away.

"From that looks I know it's something serious. Tell oppa? I have the responsibility to protect you." He said. Agrh~ Whatever. I did warn them about my brother but they chose not to hear me out.

"The Dark Tigers. It was Minsook's doing." I mumbled, looking at my fingers.

"Bastard!" Oppa shouted, I got a shock.

"And you were planning to keep it from me?" He asked sternly. I did not know what to say.

"How many times must I tell you I'm here for you and I'll protect you? You don't trust oppa enough?" He said. I could hear the sadness in his voice. I shook my head.

"You don't? Well that's nice to hear." He said even sadder.

"No no! I don't mean I don't trust you. Of course I trust you." I hurriedly replied.

"I know I know, just teasing. Relax." He smiled.

"And based on Daehyun's false accusation, I'm assuming he does not know?" Oppa asked.

"NO NO!! He cannot know!!!" I shook my head vigorously.

"Okay okay, calm down. Why?" He asked.

"I... He..." I stuttered.

"Not telling? I'm telling him then." He threatened. He sure does know how to make me talk. Tsk, this oppa. I held onto his hands, preventing him from getting up from my bed.

"They said I couldn't tell Daehyun because... because they would ruin his baby." I said.

"His baby?! And he said he didn't do anything to you?!" Oppa looked furious I could only laugh.

"Not baby baby. His restaurant baby. Gosh. Hahaha." I laughed.

"Now you're getting back huh?" He asked playfully.

"Please, don't let Daehyun know. He cannot know. I don't want him to feel bad." I said.

"But I heard yellings last night. You're still defending him?!" He questioned.

"I'm mad at the fact he accused me but he didn't know..." I said.

"I'm giving that boy one last chance. He hurts you again and I'm not letting him off." He said dangerously.

"Oppa! What are you planning to do?!" I asked, shocked.

"Nothing nothing. I'm just saying. You're protecting him like he's your life." Oppa rolled his eyes.

"He gave me my life." I said. It's true.

"Gosh, you're hypnotised by his charms." he said. I laughed.

"Even you admit he has charms!" I smiled.

"I don't know what to do with you." He pressed my head.

"I said I will not tell Daehyun but I'm definitely doing something to those s." Oppa said. I could feel the fire in him.

"What- What are you gonna do?" I asked.

"That, little girl, you don't need to know. I think I need to hire bodyguards to keep you safe." He thought out loud.

"What?! Bodyguards?! We're not in a drama! Is that really necessary?!" I asked, stunned at his suggestion.

"I'll have no privacy then! And I would only be going shopping. How weird would it be to have a buff guy following me around? Besides, what will Daehyun think?" I said.

"Okay okay, don't need to overreact. I'm just suggesting. If anything happens again, I'm really getting one. That, you have no say." He said. 

"Fine~" I replied.

"Okay~ rest well. I'm going out. Remember to eat your medicine and your lunch. I'll ask Auntie to cook something light for you. You better not leave home I'm warning you." He said.

"Yes Appa!" I replied.

"Silly!" He replied as he gave me a small peck on the top of my head.

I was bored at staying cooped up in my room and so I went to our home library but I couldn't sit still. I always have the urge to puke. I just brought a bin with me.

I watched tv and just walked around leisurely at home, with my phone in my hands.

Soon, it was dark. The whole day past but not a single text or call from Daehyun. I don't know to be pissed or upset. Why do I feel like we're drifting apart? Does he not care about me anymore? Fine, if he's not going to care, I couldn't be bothered too.