Orphanage

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"UMMA!!!!!" Many voices yelled as I felt weight crashing onto me, hugging my legs.

"Woah~ Hey babies~" I said, trying not to drop the bag full of sweet treats for the kids.

Daehyun and I usually visit the kids here when we were free, usually once a month but recently because of the break up, I kinda lost myself. I did not visit them until today. Instead of alcohol, maybe I could run away from my life for just awhile and by playing with the kids, probably another form of therapy?.

We wanted to do something to help the kids ever since we visited one a few years back. There was no way we could adopt them all so we decided to visit them every once in a while. These kids have sad stories to tell and it kind of reminded me of myself. We decided to spend time with them, to show them that there are people who care for them.

"Yah kids, let go of her, she can't walk!" The nanny of the orphanage said to them. The kids pouted really cutely but released their grips. I could only laugh.

"Umma let me help you with that!" One of the older boys said as he took the bag from me.

"So sweet, thank you." I smiled as I see him running in the orphanage with the bag.

"Umma! Why haven't you visit us in such a longgggg time?" One of the little girls asked as they pulled me in.

"Umma was busy but I'm here now aren't I?" I replied.

"Umma where's Appa?" Another boy asked.

"Um... Appa's busy." I lied. They suddenly looked really sad.

"Aww, don't pout. I'm sure he'll visit you little kids soon!" I said, not wanting them to feel sad.

When we got in, the place was really hapening. Kids were running and playing while some were having little arguments.Even though it was really noisy, I feel good seeing their happy faces. They cheered me up. Kids pulled me around asking me to check their homework, showing me their drawings, getting me to read them stories and stuff. 

"Kids! Tea break! Give your Umma a break too!" The nanny shouted. 

"Go go!" I patted their little bums lightly as they ran towards the table full of sweet treats I made for them.

"Umma... Where's Oppa?" This little girl asked. She was the only one who called Daehyun Oppa while the rest called him Appa.

"Oppa is busy~" I replied, patting her head.

"Does this little princess miss him?" I asked. She nodded with a smile on her face.

"I miss Oppa! I dreamt of him yesterday the yesterday the yesterday." She said really cutely and I could not resist the urge to pinch her cheeks.

"It's a few days ago girl, not yesterday the yesterday the yesterday." I replied.

"Umma do you think Oppa loves me?" She asked innocently. I wanted to laugh but I held it in.

"I'm sure oppa loves you and the other kids here." I said as I took a cookie and fed her.

"Really?! Oppa is so handsome! I want to marry him!" She beamed. This little girl, having puppy love at this age. I could only smile.

"Appa!!!" One of the boys yelled. I turned and looked at him.

"Little kids shouldn't lie." I said. How is it possible Daehyun came? At this timing he would usually be at the restaurant.

"I didn't! Really! Appa is here!" He said as he ran towards the door. True enough.... Daehyun was standing at the door... He looked like he aged a few years.

Why is he here? Why so coincident? I... I don't know if I am ready to meet him yet... What if we break out in a fight again? In front of the kids?? I bit my lip.

 

Daehyun's POV

I wanted to visit the kids today because we used to have a certain day of the month to visit the orphanage and I wanted to try my luck to see if she would be there. I didn't want to avoid it anymore. 

I stood at the door for awhile, observing the kids and her. It's been some time since I saw her. Still as beautiful as ever. I enjoyed watching her play with the kids. I snapped out of it when a boy called me.

"Hello little rascal~" I ruffled his hair with my free hand.

"Appa!!!!"The kids left the table and crashed their little bodies onto my legs. I only had my eyes on her though but she wasn't looking at my direction and was playing with a girl like I was not here at all. Is she still upset or mad at me? Did she not want me here? After all, I hurt her with my mean words. Serve you right Jung Daehyun.

"Appa! Umma said you were busy that's why you couldn't come. You're not busy anymore?" A girl asked. Did she really say that?

"Nope! I'm free and I'm here now aren't I?" I replied.

"Wow~ You and Umma said the same thing!" The girl added. We did? I smiled.

"Umma! Come here! Appa is here but you didn't say hi!" One of the boys dragged me to her while another dragged her to me, trying to make us hold hands. Cheeky kids but before our hands touched, she pushed the little girl to me.

"There, your oppa came~" She said, not meeting my eyes.

"Oppa I missed you~" She said. Cute but all I wanted to do now is to spend time with Jieun, talk to her and explain myself. I guess I would need to wait. This girl told me random things about her and i entertained her. The other girls talked and played with me while the boys played and teased Jieun. Despite the teasings, she was always smiling. After that, I played soccer with the boys while Jieun taught the girls how to tie their hair.

"Kids! Dinner! Go wash up and sit. Your Daeyhun appa brought spagetti for you so what must you say?" The nanny shouted.

"Thank you Appa!" The kids bowed slightly. How cute~

I looked around and did not see Jieun. Was she in the garden? I headed out to look for her. No matter what happens Daehyun, do not raise your voice at her and control your crazy temper. Don't make things worse than it already was. You came here to patch up with her, not to add fuel to the flame. Remember that Daehyun. Things turned out like that were partly because of your temper.

 

Something light-hearted after all the angst from the previous chapters. ^^ 

Aww... Baekie won't appear any time soon.... You guys are so looking forward to baekhyun's role that I'm afraid I'd disappoint... 

I wanted to continue but decided that I would leave you guys hanging for awhile. hahaha~ and I'm sleepy too so....