Forgiven?

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

A few days pased by really slowly. Jieun was still mad at me. Although she didn't ignore my messages, she replied them with one or two words, barely even a phrase. I didn't know she would get mad to this extent. In the past, we didn't even stayed mad at each other for this long over an issue like this. Why is she overreacting now? I even told her and explained to her what happened and that it wasn't really my fault. All she said was "are you trying to say that if I caught on fire only then you will forget about your restaurant and come to me?" What a meanie. I told her not to be unreasonable but she got mad all over again.

I was being really patient with her. I don't even think I deserved such treatment from her. I know she would flare at times in the past but it wasn't even to this extent! Over the years, I learnt to control my temper. Sometimes I didn't blame her though. She was cranky and her period was quite a pain for her too. But this time, I knew it wasn't her period. Then again, I've yet to make up for the dinner. Is she disappointed that's why she's still treating me like this?

Today is Yongguk hyung's birthday. He didn't really like creating a big hype over it so we thought we would just slack and chill at his house like old times.

I didn't want the boys to worry about us or think that we were quarrelling. 

Princess, today's hyung's birthday. Shall we head over together? I texted her.

Okay. She replied.

Great! I'll drop by your house. See you later! I replied.

See you. She texted back. I sighed. She and her one, two word replies again. 

I reached her doorstep.

"Hey baby, ready to go?" I asked her as I kissed her forehead. She gave me a small smile and a small peck on my cheek and nodded her head.

We got in the car and I drove. We had small talks in the car. She's not as mad as before. I think.

When we reached, I held her hand and walked with her and rang the bell.

"Hello hyung! Happy birthday!" I wished Yongguk hyung.

"Happy birthday oppa! Me and Daehyun got you this." She handed him a paper bag. When did she buy it? I wasn't even with her. 

"So nice of you two! Come on in. The others have not reached yet." Hyung said as he ruffled my girl's hair.

We entered and sat on his couch while he went to get drinks for us.

"What happened to the both of you?" He asked. I looked at her, she was sitting beside me, with a gap in between us. Usually we would have some form of contact, she would either lean on me or I would wrap my arms around her or whatever contact. Today, we were separated by that air between us.

"Nothing." I mumbled.

"I'm going to the washroom." She replied, probably avoiding it.

"What happened?" Hyung asked again. 

"Long story, I stood her up for dinner and she's not happy about it." I replied, pouting a little.

"Wow, only dinner and she's giving you the cold treatment?" He said.

"I know right. Agrhh. I don't even know what to do to please her again." I replied.

"I'll help you. Go to her." Hyung smiled as though he had a plan of some sort. He got up and went to where the electric box was.

"Daehyunnie!!!!" My princess shouted the moment the lights went off. What a sneaky idea. She's afraid of the dark.

"Coming coming!" I yelled.

The toilet door burst opened and she throw her arms on to my shoulders, hugging me. Finally, some contact.

"Don't worry, it's fine. I'm here. Hyung went to check what went wrong." I smiled as I caressed her back, calming her down.

"You're finally showing me affection?" I asked as she was still hugging me. She did not reply but hugged me tighter.

"Are you two okay? The lights will be back soon!" Hyung shouted.

"We're fine!" I shouted back. Soon, the lights went back on.

She released her grip around my neck.

"Ahh just hold on to me already!" I said, frustrated as I grabbed her arms and wrapped them around my waist.

"I didn't wash my hands." She said when she walked out.

"What?!" I got a shock.

"Kidding!" She smiled. Oh well, at least she's back.

We sat back on the couch while I slung my arms over her shoulders. Hyung winked at me. I smiled back and mouthed 'thank you' to him. My girl gave me a weird look and then looked at hyung. .

"Wait, don't tell me the both of you planned that!?" She glared at me as she pushed me.

"Happy April Fool's?" I said.

"It's not even April yet!" She yelled.

"Aww don't be mad anymore. I'm sorry. You've been mad at me for so long already, you'll get old and wrinkles will appear." I said and kissed her. She kissed me back. I bet she misses the skinship too.

Soon, the boys came. They brought food and drinks and we ate them. Nothing too heavy though, just some light snacks. We caught up with each other and then Yongguk hyung disappeared. He then came down, looking really good.

"Oppa! So handsome today?! You're even wearing a shirt?!" My girl squealed. I'll let her off this once. His cheeks became a light shade of red.

"Oppa are you meeting your girlfriend?" She asked. Hyung started smiling to himself.

"Aww hyung!!! You didn't even tell us you were dating!!" The rest whined.

"You guys will scare her away." He said.

"Hyung!!" The boys dragged.

"Joking. We just got together not long ago. Okay. I have a date to go to. So you guys know what to do?"  He said. I knew what he was hinting.

"Go to your date with you and check her out!" Youngjae said.

"No. Get out of my house." He said jokingly.

"Hyung! Now you've become like Daehyun hyung!" Zelo added. I just smiled with my princess in my arms, next to me.

"You got to introduce to us!" Himchan hyung said.

"I will, next time. Now get going! I'll be late!!" Yongguk hyung said as he shooed us out of his house. What a hyung.

"Ahh~ Let's go somewhere!" Jongup said.

"Nope, sorry, can't do. We have a place to go. You guys enjoy!" I said.

"We do?" My princess looked at me, puzzled.

"Yes. Bye guys!" I said as I walked her to the car.

"Byebye!" My girl waved to them.

 

Yeah~ Jieun went overboard...  I know it was supposed to be a birthday chapter but... Sorry.... I couldn't think of anything~ At least I gave him a girlfriend. haha!