Help

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

For the next few days, I've been out alone. I actually regretted whatever I've done to them. Even till now, I have issues with my anger. I feel bad that the kids and my wife had to suffer along with me. Why can't I control myself? I promise to give them a better life, a better childhood but here I am breaking my own promise. I promised Baekhyun I would never hurt him but what did I do? I hurt him the most... And it's not even his fault.

I was afraid that if I stayed home, I would vent my anger on them so I left them alone at home and head out by myself. The kids don't even dare approach me now. It's my fault. I guess they felt safer now without me around. Why have I turned to someone so scary? Jung Daehyun, you're a monster.

Seeing the kids playing and laughing so happily with Jieun made me feel better a little but they would always avoid me which in the end, affects my mood. Why am I so short tempered?!

After numbing myself with work, where else could I head to other than the pub? Nowhere else. How lonely I felt. One glass of alcohol became one jug, one jug became two and so on. It just helps me to escape reality even if it's just a little while.

I have the most lovely wife ever. No matter how cold I am towards her, she would still care about me. Of course not openly though, I assumed she didn't want to anger me further. Jieun, I'm sorry. I really am.

 

One night, Yongguk Hyung asked me out. We headed to a cafe. 

"Are you okay?" Hyung asked.

"I'm fine... Just tired." I replied.

"Jieun told me about the restaurant. Are you really okay?" He asked.

"Again?! Why is she always butting in?!" I got angry, not that I wanted to.

"What in? She's your wife! She's worried about you too. She told me to talk to you. She said you wouldn't accept Seungho hyung's help. Is it?" Hyung asked. 

"Why do you know everything?! What else did she tell you?! If I knew you were going to be like this, I wouldn't have come!" I shouted at him, preparing to leave. We didn't care that the people around us were staring at us. 

"Yah! Stop behaving like that. Sit down!" Hyung said as he grabbed my arm and roughly pulled me down on the chair. I looked away, eyes flaming with anger.

"Like I said, she's worried about you. Of course she had to call me. How else would she know that you're okay if she doesn't tell me to talk to you and you don't tell her anything?!" Hyung reasoned. 

"What else did she tell you?!" I asked rudely.

"Nothing! What do you mean 'what else'? There's more?!" He asked. Jieun didn't tell him about...

"Nothing... I know she's worried. I just can't control my anger. I'm so stressed and frustrated with the whole restaurant !" I messed my hair.

"You got to try. She's your wife, a really loving and understanding one at that." Hyung said. I really really hate how he always has the right things to say. He's right, my Princess is loving and understanding sometimes too loving and understanding. I'm so damn guilty...

"Take this." Hyung said as he passed me a cheque with a large sum of money written on it.

"Hyung! I can't take it! It's too much!" I said, returning it to him.

"Shut up. Just take it. Don't be such a girl!" He said. I was touched, honestly.

"But-" He cut me off.

"I saved you from that roof years ago and I'm going to save you again." He said. 

"Hyung..." I said, feeling super thankful.

"What do you call me?" He asked.

"Huh?" I replied, confused at his question.

"What do you call me?" He asked again.

"Hyung?" I guessed.

"Yes and brothers help each other. You owe me one now." He smiled as he playfully punched my arm.

"Hyung... Thank you. I'll pay you back as soon as I can." I'm very thankful for his help.

"Shut up girl~" He punched my arm again. I rolled my eyes. Okay, he has to stop calling me a girl, even now I'm behaving like one!

"Hyung, since when have you become so cheesy? I didn't know you're capable of saying such lines." I asked.

"Damn, that Himchan must have rubbed some cheesiness on me!" He said. I laughed.

 

Jieun's POV

Daehyun didn't spend time at home for the next few days. I didn't know why he's so stubborn in accepting Oppa's help. What's wrong with that? Aren't families supoosed to help each other? I just don't get him sometimes.

I found a way to help him though and since he's seldom at home, it makes it much easier. He wouldn't say no to Yongguk Oppa right? Even if he would, Yongguk oppa will do something about it. I just know it. 

I grew closer with the kids these few days. I realised how much they mean to me and how hurt I was when I see Daehyun treating them like that. I also realised how precious their laughter is to me and how much I hate to see them upset. 

"MOMMYYYYY!!!!" Youngie started running about after I ended my call with Yongguk oppa.

"Yes baby? Where are your pants?" I asked, seeing her running around only in her tee and underwear.

"Oppa wants to tickle me!" She shouted as she crashed against my legs. I then see Baekhyun running towards me with the total opposite fashion, without shirt, only wearing his pajamas shorts.

"Baekie where's your shirt?" I asked. They totally didn't hear me and kept running around my legs with Youngie avoiding Baekhyun. The both of them were shouting and laughing like crazy kids, I could only smile. 

"Mommy help me!!" Youngie shouted, lifting her hands up, wanting me to carry her, in which I did and smacked her bum lightly. 

"Where's your pants?" I asked.

"I don't want to wear." She said, pulling my ears.

"And why not?" I asked. She kept quiet and avoided my question. Oh well. I carried her to the couch and Baekie followed behind.

"Then you, where's your shirt Baekie?" I asked, holding his chin lightly.

"Daddy don't wear shirts too!" He smiled, showing his teeth at me.

"Come here." I said, patting my other lap. The both of them were sitting on my lap.

"My two crazy babies." I said. They then started doing silly actions which led to a tickling war with full of laughter.

"Come, let's go up and get you two dressed." I said.

"Don't want!" The both of them smiled at me at hugged me.

"Why? You'll get a cold." I said.

"Then Mommy will take care of us right?" Baekhyun asked.

"Cheeky boy. Tiring Mommy out? Have I not taken care of you enough?" I pinched his nose.

Just then, the door was unlocked, revealing Daehyun. He looked at us and frowned.

"Why are the both of you not dressed properly?" Daehyun asked. Uh-oh. Is he gonna to punish them again? 

 

I'm really thankful that you guys are appreciating my updates and look forward to them but I hope you guys will cut down on the 'update soon' comments. Trust me, I'm updating as soon as I can. Thank you. Sorry if I sound rude.. It's like my pet peeve... :/ Other than that, feel free to leave many comments! I really enjoy reading them!