Nothing More Than Just Friends

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"Use this." Daehyun said as he handed me the heart shaped mould when we were taking out our stuff from our bags. Aww... so sweet of him. He actually bought two identical moulds for us to use.

"Thank you." I said, grinning like a fool.

"Aww you're blushing!" Daehyun said as he pinched my cheek. Tsk. I thanked him and he had to tease me.

We then started mixing and did the preparation process to bake the cake. We had fun throughout the entire process. We even snatched some of the equipment since there was only one set of it. I don't know if he was just teasing me or not but sometimes, he would purposely reach for the things I wanted to use.

"Give it to me!" I shouted playfully as we were tugging for the bowl.

"No! I saw it first!" He argued.

"But I need it! Please!!" I aegyo-ed.

"No, not gonna work." He closed his eyes and looked away.

"Please please please!! You don't even need to use it! You're wasting both of our time!" I said.

"Okay.... Kiss me first." He said.

"No." I said, not wanting to give in to him easily.

"Suit yourself. I'm the one ahead now and you're the one who needs it~ Without it you cannot move on to the next step~" He teased. 

"Agrhh!!! Jung Daehyun! You're playing unfair!" I shouted.

"How is this playing cheat? I'm following your rules. You only said ingredients, nothing about equipment!" He smiled. I pouted but eventually gave him a peck on his cheek.

"Only a kiss, must you be this grumpy? Here. Take it." He said, sounding sad. He passed the bowl to me and went out, stopping whatever he was doing. I didn't mean it. Did I go too far? I guess I must go humour him first.

"Daehyunnie~" I called as I shook his sleeve. He turned and looked the other way.

"Muahhhh!" I held his head between my palms and planted a kiss on his lips. 

"Happy now?" I asked. 

"No." He said but his smile was already forming.

"Aww... Let's continue! The game is still on!" I said as I pulled him into the kitchen by his arm. When we reached, I released my grip and started with my cake.

We did our own thing seriously. I stole glances of him at work. I really loved how serious he looks when he's at work.

Surprisingly, I was able to catch up to him and now I'm ahead of him.

Out of a sudden, Daehyun hugged me from the back and kissed my cheek, leaving me in shock for a few seconds which felt so damn long. 

"Why do you always resort to tricks?!" I asked, after snapping out of it.

"Tricks? What tricks?" He asked, playing dumb. I just know it.

"You backhugging me and kissing me to distract me!" I said and immediately regretted.

"Distract you?" He wriggled his eyebrows.

"It's not the first time I did those to you. How would I know you'll get distracted?" He said innocently. He's good. I had nothing to say. This guy.

"Yes! Haha!" I laughed when I got my cake in the oven first. Daehyun made a face.

"I win! 2 of 3! Whoo!! No need to compete already!" I pumped my fists into the air.

"You cheated! I just know it! You better own up!" Daehyun said, sounding unhappy again.

"What! The one cheating is you! You cheated but still lost." I made fun of him.

"Say that again. I dare you." He threatened as he approached me.

"Sorry sorry!" I apologized quickly, not liking where this was going.

"Too late~" He said as he attacked me with tickles. He eventually stopped.

"You cheated! Who asked you to distract me? Why are you in my mind?!" He said as he messed up his hair. I laughed at how cheesey he was.

"I don't care. We're still competing the final round." He said like a kid.

"Why? I already won!" I said.

"Can't you at least let me win the last round?! Why are you so mean?" Daehyun pouted.

"Okay okay. We'll play." I said, giving up.

"You better be prepared to grant me my prize." I said as we sat on the couch, waiting for the cake to be ready.

"Yeah yeah~" He said. 

"is today fun?" I asked him as I laid on his lap.

"Mmhmm. I didn't know you would be able to come up with such things. We should do it more often but next time, we're doing something I'm good at." He said as he twirled my hair with his fingers.

"Ahhh tireddd~" I yelled suddenly, scaring my boy. I laughed at his reaction.

"Sleep then~ I'll wake you up when the oven ding." He said, patting my shoulders. I fell asleep almost instantly. I realised I miss many things, taking his thighs as my cushion was one of the things I missed.

After awhile, he woke me up. He made me sit up while he went to transfer the cakes from the oven and put them in the fridge.

"You can sleep somemore." He said, pushing my head down to his lap when he returned.

"It's fine, we'll can both sleep." I said as I leaned on his shoulder while he rested his head on mine.

After a few hours, the cake was ready.

"Tuck in!" He said as he handed me the cake he baked.

"Eee.. is this even cheesecake?" I asked him when I took a bite. He was gobbling down his cheesecake while I stared at mine.

"What? I never put anything funny in it! I really did my best!" He defended himself.

"Don't believe you try!" I said as I took a big scoop for him to try. He ate it confidently.

"Nothing wrong! I think I did a good job!" He said.

"I know. It's yummy." I smiled as I continue to dig in like nothing happened.

"Then why- Yah! You made me eat an extra mouthful!" He exclaimed. 

"No. I just wanted you to try your own yummy cheesecake." I smiled as I ate.

"Then you should try yours too!" He said. 

"No thank you! Keep them for yourself! I know you love my cheesecake!" I said. He rolled his eyes.

"Done! Finally~ I won!" He said.

"So fullllllll......" I let out a burp. Oops. hehe~

"Help me finish up!" I said to him.

"No. I baked it for you!" He fought back.

"But I'm full...." I said.

"Too bad, you were the one who came up with the game." He said.

"Fine, you win already! I can stop eating." I replied.

"You cannot! It's my hardwork!" Daehyun said, feeding me slowly.

"You're my boyfriend! You help me to eat!" I said as I attempted to feed him.

"Boyfriend? The last time I remembered, we were still friends. You were the one who said so." Daehyun said.

"I-" He cut me off.

"Why? Can't wait to be my girlfriend already? Aww.. Who was the one who said she's not easy to chase? Want me to be your boyfriend? Ask me then." Daehyun said cockily. I didn't know why I was feeling pissed at his cockiness.

"Fine. I'm not your girlfriend neither are you my boyfriend. We're friends and nothing more. Stupid Jung Daehyun." I said as I grabbed my bag, heading out of his house. So much for planning a day like this. So much for thinking we're already together.

 

Ahhh~ I didn't have motivation to update, hence the rather delayed update. Fluff is not as easy as it seems! Angst seems more fun. Maybe I've changed my mind? hahaha~ 

New subbies, thank you for subbing to my fic! :) Thank you all who commented!