Unwanted

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"Don't run about okay? Sit and watch your show okay? Be a good girl while Mommy cook. Can you do that?" I said to her as I placed her on the couch. Eunyoung is quite well behaved. I didn't need to worry about her much.  She nodded, already engrossed with her show.

"Are you sure you heard what Mommy said?" I asked her as I cupped her cheeks, getting her attention.

"Yes Mommy! Be a good girl! Youngie knows!" She smiled.

"Clever girl. Kiss." I stuck my cheek to her and she kissed it. I left her alone and headed to the kitchen.

Daehyun went back to the restaurant today. I decided to deliver his lunch to him because it would be difficult to just cook for the both of us since I'm sure there would be leftovers.

While I was cooking, I heard my baby screamed and glass shattering, giving me a huge shock. I stopped whatever I was doing and ran out.

"Mommy!!!" She cried, probably shocked as well. 

"What happened?" I asked worriedly and then I saw the mess.

"Stop! Don't move. Stay on the couch." I said sternly, not on purpose. I didn't want her to get injured. She pouted. I went back to the kitchen, turned off the stove and took the broom and swept the glass shards. She broke a mug that was left on the table.

"What did Mommy tell you? Why didn't you listen to me?! I asked you not to move about and watch your show. I asked you to be a good girl. Why did you move about and play with dangerous things?!" I scolded her. She said nothing but pout at me.

"Do you know how dangerous is that?! What if you get hurt?!" I continued as I sat beside her. She gave me a super pitiful look and moved closer towards me.

"Sorry Mommy... Youngie was naughty." She pouted and hugged me. At least she owned up. 

"Silly girl, don't do that again. You're not supposed to play with such things. You scared me!" I hugged her back. I was so worried. I cannot imagine if she had a cut anywhere.

"Mommy is sorry too. I shouldn't have shouted at you." I caressed her hair. 

"Will you sit still now? Or Mommy have to put you somewhere I can see you?" I asked, not really expecting a reply from her.

"Youngie will be good. I won't run around." She said, crossing her legs as she sat on the couch, facing the tv.

"Promise?" I asked. She nodded and we crossed our pinkie fingers. 

I carried on with my cooking and occasionally stole glances at her. So cute, she really sat still, with her legs crossed and kept her eyes on the tv for about half an hour.

"Mommy!!" She yelled. I went out to see what she wanted.

"Yes Sweetheart?" I asked.

"Mommy, I want to pee..." She said, looking really urgent.

"Then go." I said.

"But we pinkie promised.." She frowned, looking really uncomfortable. Why is she so cute?

"Go go. Don't pee on the couch!" I laughed. she slided off the couch and ran towards the bathroom looking like a baby penguin. I followed behind her. This baby of mine~

After I was done cooking lunch, I packed the food to bring over to Daehyun's restaurant and gave her a little to munch on. 

She was being sweet today, she wanted to carry the packed lunches. She ended dragging the food which I took from her.

"Is my baby excited to see Daddy?" I asked her. She nodded like an excited puppy wagging its tail.

I helped her with her shoes and held her hands and we headed to the car.

"Sit properly okay." I said as I fastened her seatbelt.

Along the way she kept blabbering the content about the show she just watched just now. 

"My baby's so smart!" I patted her head. Even though I she didn't speak very well, I could understand whatever she was saying.

"DADDYYYY!!!!" She ran towards Daehyun the moment we entered the restaurant. I couldn't even stop her from running. 

"Baby!!~ Don't run in like that. It's dangerous with people walking around with food. Where's Mommy?" Daehyun carried her. She pointed to me. I smiled. I kind of like how we behave like we didn't see each other in a long time when I just saw him last night.

"Is my baby a good girl today?" Daehyun kissed her and me.

"Yes!" She smiled. I looked at her and Daehyun look at us.

"No..." She confessed.

"What did my naughty girl do this time?" Daehyun asked and playfully glared at her.

"She broke a mug." I said when she did not say anything. I'm not making a big fuss of it, it just so happened that Daehyun asked and that mug happened to be his.

"What?! Are you hurt?" He frantically did a check on her, scanning her for wounds.

"Relax, nothing happened apart from that mug." I said. Daehyun sighed in relief. We have a clumsy baby.

"Daddy eat!!" my girl said as she played with Daehyun's lips. We went to his office and had our own family lunch there.

"Look at you, food all over the place." I said as I wiped her lips for her. She just gave me a goofy grin.

 

Author's POV

"Yah!" Bakehyun's mom kicked his knee to wake him up. His eyes immediately sprung open and there was hurt in his eyes. She kicked on his wound which had not recovered.

"Good Morning Umma." He said rushing to a kneeling position.

"Why are you not up yet?! Waiting for the ceiling to drop onto this thick skull of yours?!" She yelled at him, knocking hard on the crown of his head at freaking 5am in the morning. Usually, Baekhyun would get up by himself. It's just that he wasn't feeling too good last night and slept a little later which resulted in him not being able to wake up on time.

"Sorry Umma!" He apologized.

"Why why WHY do you always make me mad?! Do you want to be punished that badly?!" She pinched his arms.

"Ahh! No no!! My tummy hurts Umma." He pouted.

"Your tummy hurts? Do you want me to make you feel better?" She asked in a tone too nice to be true. Baekhyun nodded innocently.

"No Umma!! Please!!" He yelled as he ran to hide behind the couch despite the pain in his tummy when he saw that devil with a belt. Baekhyun feared belts the most. It was the most painful thing that she used on him.

"COME. OUT. NOW." She said. Baekhyun was shivering like a leaf behind the couch hoping that that big furniture would be able to protect him. He ducked his head between his knees, crouching low.

"I said OUT!" She shouted as she landed the belt on his back when she made her way behind the little boy.

"Umma!!" Baekhyun cried when he felt that painful sting on his back. He stood still in that position hoping that it would protect his head and stomach from the hits.

"I am going to count to three. It's your last chance to stand up and face this or I will throw you out and I will not love you. You will have to sleep in rubbish." She threatened Baekhyun.

"One....." Baekhyun remained at his spot hoping to delay time.

"Two.." He was starting to feel scared. He didn't want to be thrown out. He didn't want to smell like trash and most of all, he wanted his mom to love him, even if it was painful, at least he had shelter and his mom. Blame that for brainwashing him! He carefully stood up, arms wrapped around his stomach.

"Good boy. Now you're listening." She smirked. Baekhyun brightened up at the words 'good boy'. It wasn't often that his mom praised him. Of course, he was too innocent to detect the sarcasm in her tone.

"Stand properly. Hands down." She pointed to his arms. Wanting to be praised further, he dropped his arms to his sides.

"Next time, you better not disobey me. I didn't give you the permission to run, you better stay on your spot." She lectured and whipped the poor boy across his stomach. 

"Umma!!" He cried again, rubbing his stomach.

She said she would make it better. Why is it still painful? Baekhyun asked himself, feeling confused.

"Trust me, your stomach will get better soon." She told him and walked to the kitchen. She came back with a glass of hot milk, a little too hot for a poor boy to handle.

"Drink. It's for you to grow up strong." She said as she handed him the glass. Even though she did this every morning, Baekhyun was never used to the heat of the milk. The glass slipped his tiny palms because he was a little weaker than usual to hold it firmly.

"Stupid!" She slapped him. She went back and took another glass. This time, Baekyhun held firmly to his glass, not wanting to get slapped again.

"Drink. You have two minutes. You've wasted too much time today." She said. 

"It's hot..." He mumbled.

"Are you going to make Umma angry again?!" She shouted, He shook his head furiously and gulpped down the burning milk, tears flowing down his face. Crying was actually a norm for this poor boy.

"Now, clean up this mess you make and tidy up the entire living room before noon if you want lunch. No nap for you today since you broke the glass. DON'T YOU DARE BE LAZY." She slapped the boy's numorous times.

Baekhyun has to earn his benefits and rewards, namely food and sleep. If he did well or that was in a good mood, he would get both. But luck was never on his side. If in the morning she was okay, in the evening, the devil in her would appear and it would be worst. 

She threw a tablecloth at his face. It was his only cleaning equipment he could use to clean and wipe the entire living room. For a small boy with his tiny palms, this job was gonna be impossible but he kept his hopes up because he's optimistic, too optimistic.

If other kids could do it, I could too! He thought to himself. If only he knew...

While he started wiping the furniture, his lazy of a slug umma went back to bed. She would wake up early in the morning to check on him before going back to sleep. Who gave her the rights to treat her son like that?! Her own flesh and blood. Why did his biological mother had to treat her son like he was even lower than trash?

She only treated him worst than dirt because of a very simple reason; he was an unwanted child. She had with a man whom she thought truly loved her. How wrong she was. He ended up abusing her but avoid doing anything that could harm the unborn child. When she was close to giving birth to Baekhyun, that bastard left her. She wanted to abort but there was a high chance that she would die from the abortion, together with the child. She decided to keep the child because she treasured her own life more than anything and since she had the financial ablities to do so, why not? Raising Baekhyun did not need much judging how much she was giving him. 

The abuse and torture came because she was abused by the 'father' of the baby and  she hated that guy and since the child was unwanted and his, abusing the child seemed like the right thing to do for a screwed up mind like hers.

While she was enjoying her sleep, the poor little boy was suffering. His back hurts from all the crawling and his stomach was still in pain. There were also cuts on his fingers when he tried to clean up the mess he made in the morning. How would a small boy know how to dispose glass properly? His motivation was to make his mom happy and pleased with him. Baekhyun ah, your Umma is an ...

Noon came and his mom woke up, inspecting the living room. Honestly, she would not be able to tell the difference. If only she had witnessed the amount of hard work he had put in in hopes of having showered with more care.

She would rather die than to sincerely praise him.

"It's barely passable but I'll give you food. Go stand at that corner until I give you the permission to stop. You move from that spot and I will cane you. Do you understand?!" She pulled him roughly to a corner where she was able to see him.

He didn't know why he was standing there but he was too happy to care because he would be given food. He soon got tired and started dozing off only to be shocked awake by the noises in the kitchen. At least he wouldn't be scolded for sleeping.

That woman seriously deserve a slap and so much more for the fact that she cooked a new meal for herself but re-heated the previous day's leftovers for her unwanted child.

"Yah! Come here." She called Baekhyun over. He ran towards her and took the bowl of rice from her, thank her like the polite child he was and headed over to his usual corner to eat while she had the luxury of sitting on the couch and watched tv while eating. 

Baekhyun would often steal glances of the television programmes she was watching but he usually didn't like what he saw. There were usually a lot of blood. He went back to staring at his food instead. He could not drop any food. If that woman finds out, he can say goodbye to his next meal and probably had to endure more beatings. How poorthing, this child. So silly of him to think that his Umma will ever love him. 

 

Just in case you're wondering, whatever happen with the Jungs and Baekhyun are not at the same time, I'm just showing the differences in both families when the same things happen.