Seeking Help

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

DAMMIT!!! Why must he always make my life difficult?! Why must he always mess with my family? Why can't he just leave us alone? Okay, keep calm Daehyun, nothing can happen to you. Drive properly! 

I told the guys and we were gonna meet at Yongguk hyung's house. I think I shouldn't be doing this, asking such a huge favour from them but I'm at my wits end. I really do not know if there any other way out. I would have sold my everything just to save him but it would take too long. Time is something I do not have now.

I kinda overlooked the fact that they needed to work as well. I felt bad that I had to interupt their busy schedules. They didn't mind though. We sat and discussed how to raise that huge sum.

"Thank you guys. I'll pay you guys back as soon as I can! I'll forever be grateful." I thanked them from the bottom of my heart, bowing 90 degrees. What have I done in my past life for them to be this nice to me? After saving me many years back, they had to now save my son too...

"Don't be such a sissy!" Himchan hyung pushed me lightly. I gave a small smile and nodded.

Unfortunately, the money wasn't enough. There was only that much that they could raise within such a short period of time.

After that, I wanted to rush back home, worried about my two princesses. Just as I was thinking about them, my Jieun called.

"Darling, I told Oppa about it. He would be able to help out with the cash. I'll take Youngie with me and I'll see you home okay? How are things going at your side?" My love said. 

"No!" I said hurriedly. 

"What?" She replied, sounding shocked.

"I don't think it's safe for you to go out by your own! What's more you're bringing Youngie with you?! No no no. Stay home. Eat something and feed Youngie as well. I'll visit Seungho hyung okay? Don't worry about anything. I'll handle them." I said.

"Princess?" I called out when I did not hear any response.

"Why are you so nice?! Please be careful." She said. Aww..

"Silly girl~ He's not just your son. I will. See you later." I said as I ended the call.

I wasted no time and headed to hyung's house.

 

Jieun's POV

After Daehyun left, I couldn't just sit by and watch. I had to do something. I called Seungho oppa to help and he was more than willing to. I don't know what will I do without him. After talking with him, I packed my stuff and Youngie's stuff, getting ready to leave. I thought that I should inform Daehyun just in case he panicks not seeing us at home or something.

I got a shocked when he suddenly shouted no. I then realised how much he worries for the both of us. It was the safest if we stayed home. Please be safe Darling.

I did not know what to do except accompany my baby girl.

"Does it still hurt?" I asked as I scooped her in my arms. She shook her head, giving me a small smile.

"Sorry baby~" I rubbed her bottom, she snuggled up against my chest.

"Mommy~" Youngie called me.

"Hmm?" I her hair.

"Where did Oppa go? Oppa doesn't want to play with Youngie anymore?" She asked.

"No baby, Oppa wouldn't do that. It's just that... Mommy isn't sure where oppa went too but trust Mommy, we will bring oppa back okay?" I said, hugging her close to me. She stayed in my embrace. I'm glad at least one is safe. Baekie, are you okay? I hope you're not suffering too much. Those people are inhuman! Please be safe and hang on. We'll come for you.

I think Youngie is a very smart and sensitive girl. She knew something was wrong. She remained in my arms and did not make any noise.

"Baby, are you tired?" I asked her. She looked like she was gonna fall asleep but kept her eyes opened as she shook her head. 

"Stay with Mommy." She said. How sweet.

"Are you hungry? Daddy don't want you to skip your meals. How bout Mommy make you something to eat?" I asked.

"Youngie not hungry...." She shook her head.

"But you still have to eat a little. Mommy will cook some porridge for you okay?" I said. She nodded.

"Watch tv or something." I said as I switched on the tv for her as I headed to the kitchen. I then heard the tv being turned off.

"Youngie wants to stay with Mommy." She said as she ran after me. 

"Okay then. Youngie will be Mommy's assistant." I said. She smiled. I cannot be gloomy in front of her. I have to take care of her.

Once we were done with our meal, we headed back to the couch. She laid on my lap while I patted her. She must be tired.

 

"Daddy!" Youngie suddenly shouted and ran towards the door. I fell asleep?

"Baby~" Daehyun supported her as she clung onto one of Daehyun's legs as they walked towards me.

"Darling, I think we have enough. I won't allow any harm on him okay? Don't be too worried." Daehyun said. I could tell he was worried too. He was just trying to calm me down.

We waited anxiously for that person to call back. We didn't know what else we could do except wait.

 

It was already four in the morning. We waited but that damn guy didn’t call. The both of us couldn’t even catch a wink of sleep. Only Youngie managed to sleep but only after Daehyun coaxed her to. She was asleep on our bed with the both of us sitting by her side. Is this what they were planning? They want us to be worried?

“Do you think he’s okay?” I asked Daehyun. He seemed to be zoning out as well. Even though he didn’t really show it, I know he’s worried too.

“I’m not sure but I don’t think they will do anything to him before getting the money. Don’t worry too much okay? Go to sleep. You’ve been awake for too long.” Daehyun my palm.

“How am I supposed to sleep not knowing whether he’s safe or not? Those people are insane! Daehyun-ah~ I’m really scared… I don’t want to lose another…” I said, tears slipping down my face.

“Shhh~ Don’t cry Princess. I’ll do my best okay? I’ll save him no matter what.” Daehyun said with determination.

“Sleep please? Don’t let me worry about you too…” Daehyun said, wiping my tears. I nodded, giving in. I hugged my baby girl and closed my eyes.

But I still couldn’t fall asleep.

Then my phone rang. It was an unknown number but we both knew very well who was on the line.

“Pass me the phone.” Daehyun said. I obediently handed him my phone.

“Hello? Where’s my son?” Daehyun demanded.

“Woah~ Hold up. Not so fast. Haven’t you learnt your lesson? That tone gets you nowhere.” Minsook said. I could tell he was smirking even though I couldn’t see him. He’s sick, obviously enjoying this.

“What do you want from us?!” Daehyun shouted. I signalled him to soften down as our baby girl stirred in her sleep.

“Have you prepared the money?” Minsook asked seriously.

“Yes. Where do I pass it to you?” Daehyun said.

“Not you. Hand the phone to my dearest sister.” Minsook said.

“Dearest sister my . It’s the same telling her or me.” Daehyun spat.

“Fine. I guess you don’t want to save this worthless child.” He replied.

“No! What do you want?” I shouted as I took the phone from Daehyun.

“Hand me the money.” Minsook said.

“How?!” I asked.

“First, turn off the speaker mode.” He said. Daehyun shook his head and mouthed ‘lie’. I nodded.

“Done.” I said.

“Don’t lie to me lil sis.” He hissed.

“Mommy! AHH!” I think I heard Baekhyun yelled for me.

“Baekie! Are you okay? Mommy will save you! What did you do to him?! He’s just a boy!” I replied. I had no choice but to turn off the speaker mode. Daehyun punched the bed.

“Don’t play games with me I’m warning you. I will not hesitate to kill him.” He said dangerously.

“Don’t please! I’ll pass you the money! Don’t touch him!” I said, almost crying.

“Be at the harbour in two hours. Someone will fetch you in a boat to my location. Let me remind you, don’t play games. I want YOU to pass me the cash, not anyone else. You know what I’m capable of. Don’t test me. If I don’t see you by then or you send someone else, I’ll make sure you’ll never see that boy ever again. Your time starts now. Good luck. You’ll need it.” He said and ended the call before I could say anything.

“So what does he want?!” Daehyun asked looking damn pissed off.

“He wants me to meet him at the harbour in two hours with the cash.” I explained.

“Okay. Take care of Youngie and get some rest. I’ll bring Baekie back.” Daehyun said.

“But he said he only wants me to go.” I bit my lip.

“What?! There’s no way am I allowing you to go alone. I’m not going to allow you risk your life.” Daehyun said.

“But there’s no other choice! He said he would kill Baekie if I don’t follow his instructions! Daehyun please! I promise to be careful!” I said.

“No. I almost lost you once! I’m not going to risk your life!” Daehyun said.

“Don’t be selfish! This isn’t about me! It’s about saving a life, our son!” I replied.

“Selfish?! CARING ABOUT YOU IS SELFISH?! WOW JIEUN!” Daehyun said sarcastically.

“I CAN’T ALLOW HIM TO KILL BAEKHYUN!” I shouted back.

“And what?! Have you take his place instead?! I cannot okay?!” Daehyun said as he looked away.

“Nothing will happen to me.” I said, not believing myself.

“There must be another way!” Daehyun argued.

“Other way?! I only have two hours Daehyun ah~ Just let me go and save him. He’s only a boy! Don’t you want him to be saved too?” I said. Daehyun said nothing. This time we both know that I was  right and I have no other options left.

“I promise, I’ll be extra careful. I won’t let anything happen to me or Baekhyun okay? I still have you and my baby girl to come back to.” I said as I turned his head towards me. He turned away because he was crying? I wiped his tear with my thumb and cupped his cheeks and gave him a kiss. I know where he was coming from but I really had no choice.

“I’ll come up with something. You’re not going alone.” Daehyun said.

“But-“ I got cut off by him.

“Trust me.” He said. I nodded, allowing myself to fall into his embrace and then did my preparations.

 

Hi my lovely readers! I know I haven't been efficient in updating these few weeks because I'm really busy with my competition. Sorry Sorry! It's gonna end soon though. 

And and and! SHINee is having a comeback again! I'm so happy!