Reasons

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"Ahhh!! Daddy!!" Baekhyun shouted as he fell off the yacht. I was so damn shocked that my baby girl would even do such a thing. Everything happened too quickly. I didn't even have time to stop her. I guess Youngie was shocked that he fell into the waters.

Lucky, Daehyun has fast reflex. He jumped into the water almost immediately.

"Jung Eunyoung, come here, stand here and don't move from this spot. I'm warning you." I said sternly as I dragged her by her arm to a safer place, not too close to the railings. She said nothing but stood there. She probably knows that I'm dead serious about this. Her safety is important too.

When I looked down, Baekhyun was still struggling in the water while Daehyun swam towards him. 

"Baekie, please don't panic. Daddy will save you. Don't be scared." I shouted, not sure what else I could do apart from encouraging him.

"Mommy..." Youngie said.

"I said stay there!" I pointed at the spot she was standing.

"Baby, I got you. It's okay. There's nothing to be afraid of. Daddy is here." Daehyun said as he hugged Baekhyun. I felt like my heart resumed beating. Thank goodness the both of them safe.

I went to find the life buoy and threw it to Daehyun. He swam towards it and grabbed it, making Baekhyun grab it as well. 

"See, it's okay. Daddy is here." Daehyun said, patting Baekhyun to calm him down and to give him a sense of security.

Daehyun then instructed me on how to get them back on the yacht. Finally, everything is okay.

"Mommy!!" He cried as he hugged me.

"It's okay now. You're safe. We wouldn't let anything happen to you." I hugged him tight. Even though we just found him not long ago, I felt like I was already his mom and have already treated him like my own child. I cannot imagine what would happen if I lost him. I already lost one.

"I'm scared!!" He sobbed.

"Poor baby but you're a brave baby. You're very brave." I his hair and spammed him with kisses.

"Jung Eunyoung. You're in trouble. What did Daddy tell you just now?! I specifically told you NOT to push! I told you to walk with him. DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS IT WAS? HE COULD HAVE DIED! ARE YOU THAT HEARTLESS? DO YOU REALLY WANT HIM DEAD?!" Daehyun scolded harshly. I should not be taking sides but Youngie has to learn. If the soft approach couldn't work, we had to rely on the harsh approach. I just feel bad that Daehyun had to be the bad guy. She started crying.

"I haven't even do anything to you yet and you're crying? We've given you many chances we probably should have not given you. He is just a little boy! I don't remember him being unfriendly towards you. He was nice to you from the start! In fact, you're the one that is giving him problems and making him feel sad and unloved. Is that how Mommy and Daddy taught you how to treat peope huh?! I can let go off the past but this is very serious! Follow me." He said as he held her hand and brought her indoors.

"I don't want! Daddy don't love me!" She screamed and cried.

"Darling-" I called Daehyun but got interrupted.

"Don't interfere. I need to discipline her. She's getting way out of hand." He said while she struggled and cried. I shook my head trying to tell him not to go too far.

"Let's go in. You must be freezing." I said as I carried Baekhyun in.

"Stop crying. This time you're in the wrong. Hand out!" Daehyun demanded. I didn't know she would be this stubborn. She hid her hands behind her back and shook her head. Was the saying 'spare the rod, spoil the child' true? I didn't think that there would be a day that this lovable girl would get out of hand.

"Daehyun maybe-" I tried talking to him but it obviously failed.

"I said don't interfere!" He shouted at me. 

"Mommy..." Baekhyun was about to cry again.

"Shh... It's okay." I hushed him.

"Go to the room. Mommy will be there soon." I said, not wanting to leave Daehyun alone with Eunyoung because I know Daehyun's temper. I don't want things to go out of hand even though I know he would know his limits.

"Out!" Daehyun shouted and grabbed her hand from her back. For the first time, he landed slaps on her hand. She was crying and screaming. My heart hurt so bad but I'm sure Daehyun is feeling so much worst because he's the one doing it to her. 

"Mommy!!! Daddy don't love me!! Daddy hit me!! Pain!!" She cried. I felt like crying too but if we do not correct her in time, I cannot imagine what will she do when she grows up. 

"No noise! Stand here and don't move from this spot until I say so. You're being punished for your behaviour. Understood?!" Daehyun said. She did not reply. 

"I'm asking you a question." Daehyun said.

"... Yes..." She muttered almost too soft to be heard.

"Yes who?!" Daehyun asked.

"Yes Daddy." She muttered again.

When Daehyun walked away, she had the nerve to take a step away.

"I mean it. Do you want me to use the cane?!" Daehyun scolded.

"Daddy don't! The cane is painful." Baekhyun came out and say.

"Shh.. Daddy knows what he's doing. Go back in." I brought him back to the room and came out. She went back to the spot.

"And you, don't be soft hearted. Keep an eye on her." Daehyun said to me. I have never seen this side of him before, even I was a little scared. I nodded.

"Go shower and shower Baekhyun as well before the both of you catch a cold." I said as I handed him a towel.

She was still sobbing but at least she was trying to stand still. I wanted to go over to her and hug her but I know I could not. I don't want her to think that her actions were right.

"Youngie do you know why you're being punished?" I asked. It doesn't make sense if she does not know what was going on. She ignored me.

"Eunyoung, Mommy's talking to you." I said firmly. She nodded reluctantly.

"What you did was wrong. You cannot treat your brother or any other people that way. This is not the first time Eunyoung. The way you're treating your brother is not nice. It's mean." I said as I went closer to her. I waited for Daehyun to come out. 

"How would you feel if Baekhyun treated you like that as well? Would you like it?" I asked in a calmer tone. She shook her head.

"Then why are you doing that to him? Why are you treating him like that? Baby please let Mommy know. I wouldn't know what you're thinking if you don't tell Mommy." I said. She looked away as if really hiding something. She started tearing again.

"Okay, Mommy promise I won't scold you. I just want to know why. Share with Mommy? Please?" I coaxed. She said nothing. What am I supposed to do with her?

Ah! Her piglet. Her piglet is her treasure. Maybe she would say something? I went back to the room and took her piglet.

"Give piggie to Youngie!" She said, stretching out her arms.

"Baby, Piggie wants to know why Youngie is like treating Baekhyun so unfriendly. Will you share with piggie?" I made the 'piglet' talk. She hesitated and then finally spoke.

"Youngie is scared." She suddenly said. Scared? Scared of?

"Why is Youngie scared?" I made the piglet ask.

"Mommy and Daddy will not love me anymore. Mommy and Daddy will be gone, Youngie will be gone." She sulked. Why do I feel so hurt when she said that?

"Eunyoung." Daehyun called. I didn't want him to interrupt me. I signalled him for him to go back and accompany Baekhyun while I tried to get her to talk to me.

"Youngie come and sit." I made the piglet talk again. 

"Daddy will scold, Daddy will not love Youngie." She shook her head, tears flowing down her cheeks.

"It's fine, come to Mommy. Daddy won't scold you." I said as I patted my lap. She walked towards me, feeling afraid.

"Why will Youngie be gone? Why will Daddy and Mommy be gone?" I asked. She shook her head not wanting to say anything again. I made the piglet soft toy ask the question and she looked at me. 

"Your Mommy won't be able to hear you." The piglet 'said' as I pretended to cover my ears.

"Because they have Oppa. They will love oppa and forget about Youngie. Oppa is smart, oppa can draw and colour very well. Oppa is handsome. Mommy and Daddy will forget about Youngie." She said. I couldn't take it. I broke down in tears but tried to hide from her. Was that why she was being cold towards Baekhyun? She was afraid that he would replace her? 

"Youngie only have Mommy and Daddy." She said. I guessed she have every right to feel insecure. All the while it was only the three of us before Baekhyun came. 

"Mommy and Daddy has Youngie too." The piglet 'said'.

"Now they have oppa too. Oppa calls Mommy, Mommy and Daddy, Daddy." She said. Of course, she was the only child, naturally she didn't like some random kid to appear call their parents the same way they call them.

All along I always thought she was just feeling jealous. I didn't know it was much deeper than that. She was afraid. Sure she was jealous but it was just a small part, she was even more afraid that we wouldn't need her anymore.

"Baby, Mommy is so sorry." I hugged her allowing my tears to fall freely.

"I didn't know how this was how you really felt. I'm so sorry." I said. Even though I know that she might have problems expressing herself, I didn't dig further. If only I've done it sooner and showed her a little more care and actually did more to find out the truth from her rather than just guess and assume and ended up just scolding and punishing her.

"Mommy don't cry." She said as she wiped my tears with her tiny hands. Still my sweet little baby. I wiped my tears away.

"Baby girl, listen to Mommy. Mommy and Daddy love you very very very much. You're our baby princess. No one is going to replace you, not even Oppa. Mommy promise that we will never forget about Youngie, we will never throw you aside. You're very precious to us. You're our Princess and it's going to stay that way with or without Oppa. Oppa is Oppa, Youngie is Youngie." I said, not sure if she would understand.

"Baby girl, Oppa is staying with us now and we can't change the fact. We love him very much too. How would you feel if Mommy doesn't love you?" I asked.

"Sad. Mommy I'll be good. Please love Youngie." She started crying again. Oh no, wrong example.

"Shh shh.. Mommy said the wrong thing. What I mean is, Oppa loves Youngie a lot, just like Mommy and Daddy love Youngie. Oppa will be sad if Youngie doesn't love How do you feel when Mommy and Daddy loves you?" I asked.

"Happy!" She replied.

"Yes, so Oppa will feel happy too if you love him and you will feel happy if oppa loves you. Can you be nice towards him and not hurt his feelings? Isn't it better to have more people loving Youngie?" I said. She looked blur and then nodded.

"Do you understand what Mommy is saying?" I asked.

"Love oppa..." She said softly.

"That's my girl. So remember, no one can replace Mommy and Daddy's Youngie." I said as I kissed her. 

"Can we shower now?" I asked her. 

"But Daddy...." She said, feeling scared.

"Daddy didn't mean to beat Youngie. It was because Youngie was naughty. Now Youngie is a good girl right?" I asked. She nodded.

"Then Daddy won't be mad at Youngie. Let's go in." I said as I carried her in although I could still feel she was afraid of Daehyun after he scolded her so harshly and even punished her.

 

I hope this chapter better explains Youngie's behaviour.

WHOO!!! HURRICANE IS SO DAMN AWESOME!! 

And~ Happy birthday to SHINee's Taemin! :)