Time Together

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

I was so shocked when I witnessed what my baby girl did. We always taught her to love so why did she behave like that?

For the very first time in my life, I landed my hands on her, something I never expect I would do judging how much I love her but because I love her too much, I had to do it.

It hurts me so much whenever she says that I don't love her... Her cries broke my heart but I couldn't go soft. She would not learn. Baby girl, punishing you hurts me so much more than it hurts you because I'm doing it to you, my baby princess. I felt bad that Baekhyun had to witness all these. 

I didn't mean to shout at Jieun but I had to. I didn't want her to interfere. I would rather I be the bad guy and Youngie hates me for awhile than have her hate the both of us. It would hurt her too much if the both of us scolded her at the same time. After all, she's only a three year old baby... I do not know what she would do. I didn't want Jieun to cut in was also because later, I'm sure we would need to comfort Youngie and talk to her. I don't want her to have no one to talk to and I think Jieun would do a much better job at talking to her than me.

After I washed Baekhyun, I went out with the intention of stopping her standing punishment but Jieun was already talking to her, just like I predicted. I left them and went to bathe while Baekhyun lied on the bed.

When I came out from the bathroom, the two girls entered the bedroom. When Jieun let Youngie down, she immediately hid behind her Mommy's legs. I could tell she was afraid of me after what I've done to her. I felt hurt that my own baby girl was afraid of me but I expected that right? I just didn't expect it would hurt like this.

"Baby, remember what Mommy said? Youngie is a good girl now, Daddy won't scold you." Jieun helped me as she coaxed my little girl to stop hiding behind her legs. She shook her head, still hugging Jieun's legs. Did I scare her that bad? I'm sure I did. It was the first time...

"Baby girl... Are you a good girl?" I asked. 

"Mommy says Youngie is a good girl." She said softly.

"Then if Mommy says Youngie is a good girl then Youngie is a good girl. Daddy won't scold you. Can you come out now?" I said gently. She slowly stuck her head out. I opened my arms hoping that she would come towards me. She hesitated.

"Go to Daddy. Give him a hug. Go." Jieun said lovingly. My baby princess then ran towards me. I hugged her tight.

"Sorry Daddy..." She pouted.

"Daddy's sorry too. I was too harsh on you." I kissed her. When I scolded her, I kind of forgotten the fact that she was only three and my sudden outburst might have scared her since she did not see me like that before. I then kissed her palm. 

"Yay, all's well. But baby, shouldn't you do something to oppa?" My Love said as she took Youngie's hand and led her towards Baekhyun who looked a little confused and afraid.

"Go on." Jieun encouraged.

"Oppa... Youngie is sorry." She apologized. Although it was awkward, it was a start and I'm glad. The power of Jieun... Wow... I did the right thing.

Baekhyun smiled and patted her head, aigoo... Just like how an oppa behaves.

"Okay! Now we're a family okay? All must love each other." JIeun said as she hugged the both of them.

"Yah! How dare you leave me out?!" I shouted as I joined their family hug. Family love sure is powerful...

"Okay! Bath time Youngie!" Jieun said and my two girls went in the bathroom

When Youngie came out, it was Jieun's turn to bathe. Youngie was feeling awkward and the three of us were awkward. It was actually a funny sight.

"How about we watch tv?" I said. At least for a start they could watch tv together. They both nodded and stretched out their arms.

"What what? Now Mommy's bathing you can bully me now?!" I said, smiling. The both of them nodded with a smile. I surrender... I carried the both of them out to watch tv.

"Aigoo my two heavy babies." I whined as I placed them on the couch.  

"Sit while I make milk for the both of you." I said. There was a gap between them and suddenly I feel that Youngie has become too quiet.

I handed them their bottles and sat with them while they drank.

"Why are you sitting so far away?" I said to Youngie. She was at the end of the couch, looking uncomfortable and not drinking her milk properly.

"Come here Sweetie. Lie on Daddy's lap." I said as I gestured her to come closer to me. She looked at me with that huge cute eyes of hers and then crawled towards me. The both of them were lying on my thighs, drinking milk.

 

Author's POV

Jieun came out and witnessed a lovely sight. Daehyun was sitting in the center of the two kids and all of them were fast asleep. She wondered if she really took that long to shower or it was just because they were all tired. Jieun then carried the two little babies to the bed, placing them in the center, beside each other. They looked so peaceful when they sleep.

"Darling wake up~ Go to the bed and sleep..." She said as she sat beside him, tapping his arm lightly.

"Mmmm... Are the babies asleep?" He asked. She nodded.

"Then it's time for us to have our time alone!" He said, suddenly awake. He sat on her lap, not applying all his weight on her.

"Get off! You're heavy!" Jieun said as she kissed him. 

"Let's go out and watch the stars. The kids looked like they're in their dreamland." Daehyun said. Jieun agreed. They both want their alone time. They took a bottle of wine and two glasses and headed out.

"You better don't get me drunk in front of the kids!" Jieun warned him. He just smiled. Of course he wouldn't. They sat together with Daehyun's arms wrapped around Jieun as they admired the night sky.

"The stars are very pretty tonight." Jieun said.

"Yeah they sure do. Look here." Daehyun said as he took out a heart shaped hair clip covered with little crystals, surprising Jieun.

"Wow! For me?" She asked.

"No. It's for me." Daehyun rolled his eyes.

"I'll help you put it on then!" Jieun played along with him, taking the clip from him.

"Yah~ Okay okay, stop playing. I'll put it on for you." Daehyun said, taking the clip from her and clip her hair.

"So pretty on you~" Daehyun said. Even though they have been together for quite some time, Jieun blushed a little because it's be long since they had times like this together. They didn't mind though.

"Sorry for shouting at you just now..." Daehyun apologized.

"Ah~ So that's what the hair clip is for." Jieun said. 

"No! Did I predict all of that would happen?" Daehyun flicked her forehead. Jieun made a face at him.

"I didn't want you to interfere so that you would be able to comfort her later." Daehyun explained. Jieun found him super charming when he thought like that. She gave Daehyun a kiss.

"I know, I'm so charming~" Daehyun boasted. Tsk.

"But I think you were a little too harsh on her... She probably didn't understand what you were saying to her but got really scared at your tone." Jieun said, playing with his fingers.

"Yeah~ I kinda forgot that she's only three... So did she tell you anything?" Daehyun asked.

"Yeah. How scary her father was." Jieun lied.

"Yah! Baby is not like that!" Daehyun defended himself. She laughed.

"She told me why she wasn't opening to Baekie. I think all along we thought wrong. We thought she was jealous but actually, she was afraid that we would replace her with him." Jieun explained seriously.

"I guessed we really made her feel insecure by spending too much time with Baekhyun... I couldn't help it... Seeing him was like seeing you for the first time. I want to protect him like how I protect you. I want to make up to him and hope that I could give happiness to him. I guessed I neglected Youngie thinking she would be okay when in fact, she's just a little girl and she would be sensitive." Daehyun said, hugging Jieun tight.

I think I just fell for him all over again. Jieun thought dreamily.

"Then you got to make it up to her. Talk to her more. Play with her like you used to. Or better yet, play with the both of them. Or just spend time with her. Give her the sense of security she needs. My baby is a smart girl. She will understand your intentions!" Jieun said as she patted Daehyun's head.

"What your girl?! She's my baby!" Daehyun argued.

"Our baby girl~" Jieun said as she snuggled up to Daehyun.

"Are you cold?" Daehyun asked her.

"Nope! Your body is warm..." Jieun replied. They chatted and spent their couple time together, just being in each other arms is enough.

Meanwhile, while they were having their alone time, their baby girl wasn't feeling too good.

"Mommy!!! Daddy!!! Help me!!! Don't leave Youngie!!" She cried, awaken from her nightmare. To a little girl like her, her nightmare was beyond scary. She dreamt that she was in Baekhyun shoes instead, she was the one drowning and her parents were doing nothing to save her. She was traumatized by that incident. She kept crying and crying but her parents could not hear her. Baekhyun woke up because of her cries.

"Youngie?" Baekhyun called sounding super sleepy.

"I want Mommy and Daddy!!!" She cried.

"I don't know where Mommy and Daddy went. Don't cry..." Baekhyun said as he looked around for Jieun and Daehyun. He then patted her chest hoping to comfort her..

"I WANT MOMMY AND DADDY!!!" Her tears could not stop flowing. Poor girl~

 

Just to clarify, Eunyoung pushed Baekhyun but did not push him into the water on purpose. She pushed and he fell in. She was scolded for pushing him only, not pushing him into the water. That would be too scary if a kid does that on purpose. That's why she was also shocked when he fell in and was quite stubborn to her punishment. Daehyun scolded her for the pushing and the way she treats Baekhyun, not the fact that Baekhyun fell into the water. Baekhyun falling in the water was just an unfortunate consequence.

Also, during the drawing time, when Jieun said that Eunyoung gave up, it wasn't the case. She was just drawing her feelings out when they focused more of their attention on Baekhyun. She was unhappy that's why she was scribbling.