Reward

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"Oh no!" I exclaimed when I was shocked awake. I was supposed to wake the kids up for school!

"Relax Princess. It's still early." Daehyun said as he backhugged me.

"You're awake already?" I asked. He nodded, snuggling into me.

"Morning Princess." Daehyun said as he kissed my neck.

"Morning Darling~" I slapped his lightly.

"What kind of a greeting is that?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders. We said like this for awhile, me in his embrace and then we got up to prepare breakfast. Something simple today, just toast and milk.

After preparing breakfast together, it was time to wake the kids up.

"Sweetie wake up~" I said as I patted Youngie's arm lightly while Daehyun woke Baekie up.

She was already awake but she was fake sleeping. Doesn't she know that I know her tricks? This silly little girl.

"Baby, I know you're awake." I pinched her cheeks. She opened her eyes and smiled at me.

"Mommy~~~" She whined.

"Yes Baby?" I asked.

"I don't want to go school. It's not fun. Youngie wants to stay with Mommy and Daddy!" She said as she pounced on to my lap.

"Crazy girl. We just went out yesterday! Get up and go get ready." I said. Then I heard Baekie coughing.

"Baekie are you trying to con me into believing that you're sick so that you wouldn't need to go school?" I frowned. He shook his head and rubbed his eyes sleepily. Then again, Baekie wouldn't do such things. Daehyun gave me a disapproving look and patted his back.

"Sorry. Are you sick?" I asked as I placed my palm onto his forehead.

"No fever. You're just coughing?" I asked. He looked at me cutely. Why am I even asking him? He's so young. How would he know?

"I want to go school." He said softly. 

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" I asked. He nodded.

"We're playing ball today!" He said excitedly.

"Alright but if you're uncomfortable, you have to promise me that you'll stop playing okay?" I patted his head. I guess kids are just like that.

"Baby girl, you gotta learn from your oppa. See how excited he is for school?" Daehyun poked her cheek. 

"Bleh!" She stuck out her tongue.

"Cheeky girl! Come on, go wash up!" Daehyun said. She lifted her hands up.

"No. Walk by yourself." I said, frowning at her.

"It's okay. Come on lazy bum!" Daehyun sided her. To think that he always claims that I'm the one spoiling them.

"Go wash up too." I said as I held Baekie's hand and led him to the bathroom.

Daehyun helped them wash up while I searched for the cough syrup. They then came down looking fresh and ready for school.

"Food!!!" Youngie yelled as she ran towards the dining table. Like father like daughter~

"Eat up!" I said. They took the toast and munched happily. We ate together.

"Baekie, drink this just in case." I said as I held the cough syrup at his lips. He shook his head. He never liked the taste of medication.

"Drink or no school." I said. He frowned and open his mouth.

"Good boy." I said as I gave him his water to drink.

"If you're not feeling well, let your teacher know please." I said as I gave him a kiss.

"Don't worry Mommy!" He smiled.

"Mommy Youngie will take care of Oppa!" Youngie smiled. 

"Aigoo, so sweet my girl." Daehyun patted her head.

"Wear your shoes and let's go!" Daehyun said. I helped them with their shoes and we left for school.

"Remember to inform your teacher if you're not feeling well okay?" I said.

"Yes Mommy! You said sooooo many times already!" Baekie replied. I made a face.

"Yeah, don't be so naggy." Daehyun added.

"I'm naggy?!" I shouted.

"Very. Shhh.. Now you're noisy." Daehyun gave me a kiss. I rolled my eyes.

"Bye sweeties. See you both later!" We said to them.

"Byebye Mommy and Daddy!" They waved and ran in to school, hand in hand. Youngie wasn't as fast as Baekie so he slowed down for her. So cute~ 

"Now, our time together." Daehyun squeezed my cheeks.

"You're not going to work?" I asked.

"Nope. Are you happy?" Daehyun asked, sticking his face in front of mine. I nodded with a smile.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"Somewhere to reward you." Daehyun smiled as he drove.

"Reward me? What did I do?" I asked.

"Let's see... Hmmm... You're a wonderful wife and Mommy. Is my reason good enough?" He said. I couldn't help but blush at his sweet words.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"Nice try. Not telling." Daehyun laughed. Oh well, I'm sure it's gonna be somewhere nice. What am I saying? Anywhere is nice with Daehyun.

 

"A massage resort?" I asked. He nodded.

"You like it?" He asked.

"Why waste this kind of money?" I said. I didn't need it. He could have spent the money on the kids instead. He flicked my forehead. Oops. Should have known he didn't really like me saying such stuff. 

"I mean, why waste this kind of money when I have you to massage for me?" I said instead while hugging his arm, not wanting to dampen the mood.

"Tsk! They're more professional and I know how tiring it is to take care of the both of them. You deserved this." He said, pinching my cheek.

"You mean how tiring it is to take care of my three babies?" I looked at him. He rolled his eyes and led me in. He had reserved a couple room just for the both of us. 

We laid side by side as the massage therapists gave the both of us a good massage. I guessed we both really needed it. It was so relaxing till I dozed off.

When I woke up, I felt weird. I thought it was a female who was giving me a massage? Why do the hands feel rougher and less feminine? I didn't want to take chances. I looked up immediately.

"Surprise?" Daehyun smiled and did the 'tadah' pose. 

"You scared me." I said. He shrugged his shoulders and pushed my head down lightly while he continued to massage me. I know having a professional therapist was ideal but having my husband to massage for me is pure bliss. Ahhh~

"Done!" He said as he gave my a pat. The therapist then came in and brought a glass of water for the both of us and then left the room again.

"If only we could do this more often..." I said.

"We could." Daehyun said.

"Nah. I rather not. We have kids now and I would rather you massage me than some random therapist even though they have better skills." I said as I stuck out my tongue.

"Cheeky you~" He said. We talked for a little while longer before we left.

"So I've given you your reward. Shouldn't I get something too? There's something I really want! Will you give it to me?" Daehyun asked. Something he really want? Kids?

"But I... can't... Don't you remember?" I said, subconsciously touching my tummy area.

"Huh? What-oh.. Silly, I don't mean that. I'm already more than happy to have Youngie and Baekie and you. The three of you guys are more than enough." He said as he flicked my tummy. I made a face but ended up hugging him. Why is he so sweet?

"Ahhh~ All that massaging has made me hungry... Cupcakes? For the kids too?" Daehyun said.

"You're forever hungry." I said as I rubbed his stomach.

"You're the one that spoils me with good food!" Daehyun replied.

"So I should stop?" I teased.

"Don't you dare!" He said as he gave me a kiss on my lips.

We then headed to a cupcake shop to get some cupcakes for my big and little monsters. 

While queuing, I took my phone out since we weren't allowed to bring in phones to the massage room just now. I had a miss call. 

"Daedae, did you have a miss call or anything?" I asked as I called the number. It seemed familiar though.

"Oh yeah, luckily you reminded me. I almost forgot to turn on my phone." Daehyun said.

"Hello? Is this Baekhyun's mother?" The person on the other line said. 

"This is, is something wrong with Baekhyun?" I asked worriedly.

"Oh yes. But it's fine already. His umma picked him up already. Baekhyun acknowledged her." The teacher said. HIS UMMA?! WHAT?! 

"Erm... Thanks." I said as I ended the call. My blood ran cold almost instantly.

"Princess? Are you okay? Don't scare me." Daehyun said as my phone slipped out of my hand.

"Daehyunnie..." I sobbed.

"His... His umma is back. Baekie's umma is back... She had taken him... What do we do now?" I hugged him, sobbing into his chest. Even though he wasn't my real son, I've always treated him as my own. I knew what his umma did to him in the past...

"Don't cry. We'll find him. Let's make sure Youngie is fine first." Daehyun said as he patted me.

"But Baekie?" I asked.

"Don't worry. I'll find him." Daehyun said as he led me to the car. He sped off to the school. 

We went in between lessons to fetch Youngie. We were glad she was safe.

"Mommy? Daddy? What happened?" Youngie asked, looking confused.

"Daddy will explain later. Let's go home first." Daehyun said as he carried her.

I didn't say much. My mind kept drifting off to Baekie. I don't know how his umma look like nor do I know her contacts. Why did his umma take him away from us when she already didn't want him? More importantly, is my Baekie safe? I hugged Youngie in my arms as Daehyun drove home. Baekie, please be safe, we'll find you. I promise.

 

Hey! Sorry for the really slow update. At first I had mental block again and didn't know how to continue but now I know and then I was busy to update. It's coming to an end soon... :(

Please expect slower updates for the next few weeks as I'm a little busy with my personal life.