New Home

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

"That !!" I scolded when I saw what was written on that piece of paper.

"That !!" Youngie imitated me. Oops.

"Youngie, you cannot say that." My princess told her as she slapped my thigh. I got carried away.

"But Daddy said it first!" She argued.

"I know. It's not a nice thing to say that's why Mommy beat him." Jieun glared at me.

This boy seemed so broken... So hurt... So in need of love. And that's what we're going to do, to love him. He reminded me of the first time I saw Jieun. I just want to love and rescue him.

"Let's adopt him." I said.

"If his Umma can't give him the love he deserves, we will. We can raise him as our own. It'll be nice for Youngie to have an Oppa." I added. We have always thought of adopting after that incident but Youngie always cried when we told her what an orphanage was. She would react wildly. I guess she was just afraid that we would abandon her there. When we tried explaining to her, she just wouldn't listen. Now, we do not even need to visit the orphanage to adopt. Jieun smiled at me.

"Yeah. We'll adopt him and love him. It must be fate that we met anyway." She said, cupping Baekhyun's cheeks. Such a cute boy but so broken.

"I don't want to be loved anymore. It's painful." He mumbled.

"Baby, love is not painful. We'll show you the right way to love. Trust me."  Jieun said. She just has that motherly vibe in her.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes, really. I promise, it's not painful at all." She added. 

"But Umma..." He asked. That silly kid, still thinking of that !

"Forget her. She's not worth your time." I said, feeling pissed.

"Call me Daddy!" I said.

"Daddy!" Youngie called instead. Why is she so cute?!

"Daddy?" Baekhyun called softly.

"Clever boy! My son!" I patted his head.

"Yah! I found him first! He should be calling me first!!" Jieun made a fuss.

"Call Mommy!" She urged Baekhyun.

"Mommy!" Youngie said. Jieun smiled at her.

"Mommy?" He scratched his head, looking confused.

"Yes yes! Smart boy!" She kissed him on his forehead. He looked shocked though.

"What's Daddy and Mommy?" Baekhyun asked innocently. We forgot, it wasn't in korean.

"Daddy is like Appa and Mommy is like Umma. We're your new parents!" Jieun explained.

"Oh..." He said. 

"Youngie ah~ You have a new oppa, are you happy?" I asked her.

"No." She pouted and folded her arms. 

"Why not?" I asked.

"Just no." She said, burying her head into my chest. I took a glance at Baekhyun, he seemed like he was about to cry.

"Baby you cannot say that. You two will have to get along with each other." I said. She said nothing.

"Don't worry Baekie, she'll love you soon. She's not used to having another person around her." Jieun consoled him. He nodded.

"Let's go for dinner!" My princess said as she held her hand out to Baekhyun.

"What if Umma comes back?" He asked.

"What Umma? You called me Mommy already remember? I'm your umma now." My girl said. He gladly slipped his hand into hers while I carried my little princess.

"I can eat?" Baekhyun asked.

"Of course you can! You're supposed to! It's dinner time! Aren't you hungry?" I asked. I was starving already. He nodded.

"Kids love hamburgers. Do you want hamburgers?" I asked.

"Hamburgers? Is Baekhyun allowed hamburgers? Umma said hamburgers are only for good kids." He said. Gosh, he should really stop thinking of his damn umma.

"Youngie is a good girl!" Eunyoung stated.

"Yes baby girl, you're a good girl and so is Baekhyun is a good boy so you both will get hamburgers." I said. Both of them smiled brightly. Eunyoung continued to blabber about the cars and trees while Baekhyun was silently holding onto Jieun's hand.

"Are you tired?" Jieun asked Baekhyun. He shook his head but we both know his eyes were closing.

"Mommy will carry you." She said as she got down to piggyback him. I wanted to help but it seemed like she didn't need help.

"Gosh, you're so light." She mumbled.

"Mommy, your back is warm." He said.

"Do you like it?" I asked. He nodded and soon dozed off. Eunyoung was still talking. She's so active though I hope she'll open up to Baekhyun soon.

"Baby, wake up~ Your hamburger is here." I woke him up, tapping him lightly. He was a really light sleeper.

"Sorry Daddy!! I fell asleep!! Baekhyun won't do it again!" He apologized almost immediately. That witch!

"It's fine. You can always sleep. Eat your burger." I said as I took out the wrapper for him. 

"Aigoo.. My baby is so messy~" Jieun said as she wiped Youngie's lips. She smiled and continued with her burger. She ate half and was already full.

"Daddy! I'm full!" She said as she handed me her burger. I gladly ate it.

Baekhyun seemed to be having trouble finishing his burger as well but he did not voice out.

"Are you full? Is the burger too big? Don't force yourself." My princess said to him.

"I cannot waste food." He said as he took another bite.

"Pass it to Daddy if you can't finish it. He'll eat it for you. You're not wasting. Daddy eats everything." My girl said. Aish~ She makes me sound like I'm a pig.

"Drink." She said as she placed a straw in his mouth. He gladly slurped the drink.

"Nice?" She asked. He nodded.

"Not too much though." She said. She was feeding him coke.

"Mommy I want ice cream!" Youngie said.

"Mommy will buy but only if you share it with your Oppa okay?" I said.

"No." She replied.

"Then no ice cream. Simple." I replied.

"Okay okay fine!" She said eventually.

"Good girl." Jieun patted her head before going to buy for us.

Youngie was gobbling down her ice cream, not even caring if it will cause her to get brain freeze. Baekhyun was looking at us.

"Princess, share with Baekie. Not too much ice cream." I said as I took the cup from her. 

"You promised." I said again.

"It's okay. Let her eat." Baekhyun said.

"No. I said share." I replied.

"It's cold!" Baekhyun said as he ate a spoonful of ice cream.

"Is it nice?" Jieun asked. He nodded with a smile. 

"So handsome~ Eat more!" She patted his head. Baekhyun, you're the only one apart from me that she can call handsome. 

Meanwhile, Eunyoung looked really unhappy. I ended up giving her my ice cream.

After dinner, we headed home.

We forgot that he did not have anything else to wear to sleep. 

"Baby, you wear Youngie's clothes for today okay? Tomorrow we'll go shopping." Jieun said as she went to find simple tee and shorts for him to wear.

I showered the both of them and got a shock at the state of his body. I thought it was his hands that were bad but the worst was his back and thighs. He's been living with a monster! What the hell!!

I felt the need to hug him.

"I'll never hurt you. I promise." I said to him.

After showering and changing him, it was Youngie's turn. She as usual, was noisy and always playing a fool. Crazy girl~ But somehow, I wish Baekhyun will be like that too. At least I see a cheerful Baekhyun.

I talked to her while showering her. I don't want her to treat Baekhyun so cold. She didn't say anything. Oh well. I hope she understands.

 

Author's POV

When Baekhyun saw Jieun and was free from the rope, he didn't know why he did that but he just had the urge to hug her. Deep down, he just wanted someone to care for him.

This was the first time a stranger approached him. He didn't like the stares random strangers were giving him. But when he saw Jieun, He knew she was different. She had that motherly aura that attracted Baekhyun. The reason why Baekhyun was able to listen to her and followed her. He had this feeling that she was a good person, someone that wouldn't harm him. He didn't know why he behaved that way. He just liked Jieun very much. 

When he saw Eunyoung, he couldn't deny how cute the little girl was. Probably already developing puppy love. That silly boy~ He envied how she had such wonderful parents. He wished for his Umma to look and take care of him that way too.

He was happy yet afraid at the same time when Daehyun and Jieun made him call them his parents. He didn't want more people to hurt him and he was afraid that his Umma would scold him.

He didn't know why he agreed to follow them this easily. There was something in them that made Baekhyun trust them this readily. He already felt safe with them, something that he had never felt when he was with his Umma. He felt loved almost immediately and it was genuinely from the heart though he didn't know what that feeling was. To him, love is painful.

He was afraid of making mistakes, afraid of angering his new parents but what he didn't know was that those 'mistakes' to him were not even mistakes to Jieun and Daehyun. He would have to learn slowly that he wouldn't be punished for everything he does.

This was the first time he felt family love. The gentleness and warmth in this family, the way they took care of him and spoke to him, their every action towards him made him feel good and he liked it a lot. Why didn't his Umma treat him like that?

After his bath, he headed to the living room and sat on the floor, just like he always does in his old home.

"Baby, why are you sitting on the floor? There's a couch. You're all nice and clean already." Jieun said as she patted the space beside her signalling Baekhyun to sit with her. He shyly took a seat beside her. Jieun sat closer to him and put her arms around his tiny body. He felt really safe in her arms. He hugged her back. Jieun changed to a kids channel for him to watch. He laughed every once in a while when the character did something silly. Jieun then realised how sweet his laughter sounded and promised herself to make him smile and laugh more.

"Mommy!!" Eunyoung came down and jumped on the couch, sitting beside Jieun after her bath.

"Shh~ He's asleep." Jieun whispered. 

"I want milk!" She said. Jieun slowly unwrapped Baekhyun arms around her and placed him comfortably on the couch while she went to make milk for her.

She came back with a milk bottle for Eunyoung and she rested her head on Jieun's thigh.

"Sleepy?" Jieun asked Eunyoung while she drank her milk. She nodded.

"Did you have fun today?" Jieun asked. She nodded again. 

"Let's go up and sleep." Jieun said to her.

"I want to sleep with Mommy and Daddy." She said sleepily. 

"Go grab your piglet then!" Jieun patted her .

"Let's go to bed little one." Jieun said as she carried Baekhyun up. Being the light sleeper he was, he woke up immediately.

"Sorry Mommy!! Are you going to throw me away? Please don't throw me away! I don't want to sleep in rubbish!" He pleaded.

"Silly boy, we're sleeping upstairs. You're sleeping with us. I'm not throwing you away. Why would I bring you back home to throw you away? Go back to sleep." Jieun hushed him.

"I'm not sleeping on the floor?" He asked.

"No baby, you're not. I'm sure our bed can fit the four of us." Jieun said.

"Goodnight my babies." Jieun kissed the both of them.

"Goodnight Love." She kissed Daehyun as well. Daehyun kissed all three of them. That night was the first night they slept together as a family of four and Baekhyun liked it very much. 

 

I wanted to find a picture of Eunyoung but I can't find anyone cute enough. Just imagine her however you want to! 

Another update because I'm happy with the amount of comments I'm getting! Thank you!!

Oh, since some of you guys are asking, there won't be a third sequel to this story about the kids when they grow up because.... I can't imagine Daehyun as a grandpa or someone along that line. HAHAHA!!

I don't know if you guys have trouble imagining Baekhyun as a kid since he's older than Daehyun and all but I hope these pictures will help you imagine his role here a little better! 

(This picture is not the real Baekhyun. He's just someone that looks like him. I got inspired by this picture. haha~)