Forgotten

Happily Ever After?

Baekhyun's POV

Baekhyun felt so stiff, so uncomfortable. What is all this poking my arm? Baekhyun do not like this feeling.

"Oh my! Baekhyunnie! You're up! Finally! I better let your mom know." This girl dressed in white said. Who is she? Before Baekhyun could say anything, that girl ran out.

Baekhyun looked around the room, the room looks so nice! But where am I?

"Baekie!! You're awake!!!!" This caring looking woman cupped Baekhyun's cheeks. Baekhyun did not respond.

"Oppa!!" Then a really cute girl shouted. Is she calling Baekhyun Oppa?

"Baekhyunnie?" This time, a man said. 

"Who are you?" Baekhyun asked. Baekhyun don't remember.

"Youngie!!" That cute girl smiled.

"You really don't know us?" That pretty woman asked. I shook my head. Then Baekhyun saw water coming out from her eyes. Is that pretty woman crying? Did Baekhyun do something wrong?

"Baekhyun wants Mommy!!" Baekhyun did not know what to do. Baekhyun knows pretty lady should not cry... How did Baekhyun know Mommy? What's Mommy?

"She's your Mommy Baekie~" That man said.

"What's Mommy?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Mommy is umma. She's your umma and I'm your Daddy, appa." The man said. Daddy?

"Mommy? Daddy?" I scratched my head. Did Baekhyun hear this somewhere before?

"And this is Youngie~ Your little sister." Daddy said. This cute girl is my sister? Baekhyun like!

"Baby, you really don't remember anything?" Mommy asked, soothing Baekie's hair. I shook my head. I like Mommy's gentle and warm touches!

 

Jieun's POV

Daehyun gave my palm an assuring sqeeze when he was asking Baekie questions. I was trying my best to to let my tears flow. Were we that easy to forget? My heart hurts so much at the thought.

"Where am I?" Baekie asked.

"Your room, baby." Daehyun said. I did not want to say much as I was afraid I would not be able to control my tears.

"Baby, are you feeling okay? Does anywhere hurt?" Daehyun asked. He nodded and pointed to his arm where all the needles were injected.

"Don't worry about that. Once the doctor come, Daddy will let the doctor know okay?" Daehyun replied as he patted Baekie's head.

"Oppa are you sick?" Youngie asked as she slapped her hand on her forehead.

"Baby, what did Daddy say? Don't do it too hard. It's painful." Daehyun held on to her palm.

"Sorry Oppa!" Youngie stuck out her tongue. Baekie smiled at her. I miss his smile so much...

"Mrs Jung! The doctor is here! Please leave the room while the doctor conduct checks on him." The nurse said. We left the room reluctantly.

We waited outside the room for the doctor to conduct whatever checks that need to be done.

"Yay! Oppa is awake!! Youngie has Oppa to play with!!" Youngie jumped around excitedly.

"Silly girl~ You can play with Oppa but Oppa is still a little weak since he just woke up but you can't be too rough with him okay?" Daehyun said.

"Yes Daddy!!" Youngie smiled.

After awhile, we were allowed in to the kids' room.

"Don't worry he's fine. Just give him some time to adjust and he will be fine. He might be a little slow in things so please be patient with him." The doctor explained. Thank goodness he's fine.

"But why can't he remember us? Did he lose his memory or something? He did have a hard knock on his head." I asked after calming down.

"I'm afraid so. It was probably caused by the knock. What's more was that he was actually running a temperature at that point of time. He's actually lucky he only had memory loss. There were worst cases." The doctor explained.

"Then will he be able to regain his memory?" I asked.

"It will depend on the child. Some could take weeks, months, years or they would never be able to remember the past. It all depends. Some might lock their memories out for various reasons such as having traumatizing experiences." The doctor explained further. Baekhyun might never remember us? I didn't know it would be this painful to hear. How can such an innocent child go through such experiences? He's barely five! I couldn't take it, I left the room and stood outside.

"Princess!" Daehyun called after me.

"Sorry Doctor. Thank you so much. Baby girl, stay with oppa, behave okay?" I heard Daehyun say.

"Princess~" Daehyun said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry... It's because of me he can't remember us and will never remember us...." I cried into his chest.

"Shhh~ I said it before, it's not your fault..." He said as he kissed the crown of my head.

"But he lost all his memories! I don't know how am I going to live with this guilt in me!!" I replied. 

"Hey hey, Baby, listen. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise." He said. I looked at him, confused. How can losing one's memory be a blessing?!

"He did not have a good past. Isn't it better that he remembers nothing of that sort? The abuse and that stupid . In fact, it's a good thing he lost his memories. If I were him, I would rather not have those memories haunt me." Daehyun explain. That's Daehyun. He really does know the right things to say.

"But what about us? He don't remember us and Youngie. How could he forget us so easily? Like we meant nothing to him." I said.

"Pabo~ It's not like he chose to forget us. After all the love we've given him, I'm sure he did not choose to forget us. We'll just create new memories for him. We have all the time in the world for that. Don't blame yourself anymore okay? All that matters now is that everyone is safe and healthy. That's all I want." He smiled. I guess, if he puts it this way.

"How did I marry such a wonderful husband?" I kissed his lips.

"I know I'm wonderful." Daehyun smirked. This guy~

"So can we go in now?" He asked. I nodded.

"Darling." I called him as I grabbed his wrist, turning him around.

"Hmmm?" He looked at me curiously.

"Thank you." I said. 

"Pabo~ Don't cry anymore. You don't want to worry the kids right?" He said as he wiped my tears for me. I nodded and held his hand as we enter the room together.

"Thank you so much doctor, I'll see you out." I said and Daehyun and I walked the doctor and nurse out.

 

When we went back to their room, the scene before me melted my heart. Baekie might have not remember who we are but he and Youngie was already interacting with each other. Wait, are the flirting with each other?! They were giggling and stuff. Oh man, this two.

"Youngie, stop playing first, Baekie, listen to me okay?" I said and Baekie looked at us.

"From now onwards, we're your parents. Youngie is your sister. Treasure one another okay?" I said.

"Baekie's parents?" He asked. 

"Yes, Baekie's real parents." Daehyun said before I could say anything. I was even contemplating on telling him the truth.

"Don't spoil it, I like how this is going." Daehyun whispered to me.

"But it's lying~ What if he asks in future?" I replied.

"We'll deal with it then. Let's just give him a memorable childhood okay?" Daehyun said. I nodded. It was probably best that he did not remember. Call us selfish but I really want Baekhyun as my own. I'm sure Daehyun does too.

"Can you call me Mommy and call him Daddy?" I asked.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Baekie said cheerfully. So cute this boy.

"Baekie, if you're not feeling well or anything please let us know okay? Don't keep it to yourself. I don't want anything bad to happen. The same applies to you, Youngie. But Mommy will know when you're lying so please don't use this as an excuse to skip school okay?" I said. I really don't want the same thing to happen again. The both of them nodded obediently.

"Baby can you remember anything? How you ended here?" I asked again as I held him close to me. The four of us were seated on his bed, Baekie on my lap, Youngie on Daehyun's. Baekie pouted and shook his head.

"It's alright, don't force him to think about the past. His head will hurt." Daehyun said to me. I nodded.

"Mommy misses you so much~" I then spammed him with kisses. He was giggling. Youngie then did the same thing to Daehyun. Daehyun was obviously enjoying how much skinship he was getting from Youngie.

"Daddy, hungry!!!" Youngie frowned cutely.

"Darling, hungry!!!" Daehyun followed Youngie and was doing aegyo as well. It was cute but I wouldn't want to admit.

"So? You go make something for her!" I said. The father-daughter duo then started whining.

"Very cute but I'm not falling for it!" I said.

"Baekie wants food too!" Ah~ Not you too.

"Okay okay, Mommy cook pancakes? I asked.

"Yay!!" The three of them cheered. Why do I feel like I'm taking care of three kids now?

"You're biased!" Daehyun said.

"I really didn't mean to... Sor-" Daehyun cut my words by sealing my lips with a kiss.

"Shh~ I was just teasing you." He then put a finger on my lips.

"Mommy and Daddy will cook! Youngie, play with Baekie okay? remember, not too rough! Okay, don't play, Talk to each other instead." Daehyun said. Youngie nodded and Baekie smiled.

I guess it's really a blessing in disguise. He no longer needs to live uncomfortably with all his bad past and we're happy again. Things are finally back to normal.

 

This is almost the end! One or two more chapters to go~