Story behind my adoption

Happily Ever After?

~~~~~~'s POV

 I think somehow Seungho oppa looks intimidating. Daehyun and I sat at the back while oppa drove. I was quite in my own world, thinking during the ride.

Wow... I still can't believe it. I have a family member now? Even though it's not confirmed but it feels really good to have an elder brother. Sometimes I do evny the boys because they have such good hyungs like Yongguk and Himchan oppa. I know they treat me as their younger sister but it would always be better if I have my own blood related brother. I can't help but wonder if Seungho oppa would treat me well. He seems like a good oppa but I'm just afraid. I don't want another Minsook in my life. It's too traumatizing. 

I did not say this out loud because I was afraid that Daehyun would 'punish' himself by making himself sleep on the couch. That silly boy. There was a few times I forgot about the whole sleeping-on-couch issue and talked about my past and we ended quarreling. That was one of the rather stupid arguement we had since it could be avoided. Til now, it's a mystery how it could get so heated up.

Flashback

It was just a random day at home and I decided to tidy up the house, do some spring cleaning. Even though Daehyun said it was my house too, I feel bad for staying for free. Furthermore, since it was our house, I should do my part too right? I was wiping the windows really detailedly and removing every stain I could spot, out of habit of course. My stepfamily was that particular.

"Enough Princess. We can continue later." Daehyun said as he held my hand.

"It's okay. there's not much left anyway." I said but I wasn't close to finishing. I still had the balcony to clean.

"Stop. Eat first." He held my hand and attempted to remove the cloth but I brushed his hand away.

"Why can't you just let me do it? I'll eat when I'm done." I said, almost yelling. I guessed it was my period that caused me to be moody.

""Eat. First." Daehyun held onto my hand and glared at me. He too knew that I was having my period and he probably just wanted to feed me.

"Let go! I'm used to this! Just let me do what I want." I yelled, getting frustrated. Stupid period.

"Fine. Do whatever you want. I'm not caring anymore." Daehyun said. It supposed to sound hurtful but I wasn't really bothered.

We then cooled down a little and then I saw Daehyun taking his pillow down. I then remembered the conversation we had about him sleeping on the couch. Aish.

"What are you doing? Go back up and sleep." I said, feeling a little guilty that he was doing it because of me.

"I told you before. I did not hire you as a maid. You are my girlfriend. Stop living in the past." He said his piece and then turned his back on me.

"Urgh! Do whatever you want then! Instead of sleeping on a comfy bed you choose to sleep here!" I yelled feeling pissed that he just turned his back on me. I stomped back to my room.

However hard I tried to sleep, I couldn't.

"Aish. Stupid Daehyun!" I mumbled to myself. I eventually fell asleep but did not have a good sleep. I woke up about five in the morning.

I woke up and thought about the previous night. I knew it was my mood that got the better of me. I shouldn't have vented it on him. It was such a stupid fight. Afterall, he meant well. 

I headed to his room and took his blanket and that army clothed teddy bear I got him for his 21st birthday. I made him hug the teddy bear with one arm and covered him with the blanket. 

"I'm sorry Daehyunnie. I shouldn't have flared up on you." I whispered and kissed his forehead. Just as I was about to walk away, he held on to my pinkie finger.

"You scared me!" I said with my free palm over my heart.

"I'm sorry too." Daehyun said with his eyes closed.

End of flashback

"Hello~ We reached!" Daehyun waved his hand in front of me. I snapped out of my thoughts.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked as we walked.

"It's nothing!" I linked arms with him. It was weird how far my mind was drifting off.

We arrived at the Korean BBQ eatery and Seungho oppa ordered the dishes since the both of us are fine with anything and it appeared that oppa was a regular customer and knew what is good here.

When the food arrived, I got a little shocked at the amount. He ordered food that could perhaps feed five of myself! I looked the both of their reactions, they seemed like the happiest people on earth. I'm not surprised with Daehyun's expression but Oppa's? 

"How are we gonna finish all these food?" I mumbled.

"Huh?" They both looked at me while stuffing food into their mouths.

"Nevermind. Eat slowly." I almost facepalmed myself at their similar eating style. Even their lips were alike!

"Okay." They both said as though they heard me which I could confirm, they did not. They were still stuffing food into their mouths.

"Gosh, I wonder if you're my brother or the both of you are brothers." I said aloud. They looked at each other and laughed.

No matter how engrossed they were in eating, they would never neglect me. The put food on my plate too, urging me to eat more. I'm starting to like oppa already. It wouldn't hurt to have one more oppa right?

When the dessert came, they ate at a slower pace since I had questions left unanswered.

"Oppa, where's Umma and Appa? What happened in the past? Why did we end up in the orphanage? Why did we get separated?" I asked.

"Woah.. Slow down... One at a time." Oppa said. I waited for him to explain. I could already see him stiffen just at my first question.

"Umma and Appa were brutally murdered during a robbery." Oppa said. I could tell that he did not look too good. His eyes seemed to contain hatred and anger. I know I'm supposed to feel sad that my parents are gone but I couldn't feel anything. I can't remember a thing about my childhood.

"Should I walk around and leave you two to talk?" Daehyun asked. I guessed he probably feel awkward.

"It's fine, you can stay. You're Jieun's boyfriend anyway." Oppa said. I smiled and held Daehyun's hand.

"After they were murdered, we were taken to the orphanage. You were almost eight years old while I was almost fourteen. We agreed that we would not let anyone adopt us in fear of being separated and so we always misbehave when parents came to adopt kids hoping that we would just stay here. But then one day you got really sick. You were running high fever and the orphanage did not have enough money to treat you and just nice, at that time, a couple came wanting to adopt a kid. The caretaker persuaded them to adopt you for you to get treated and they did." Oppa explained.

"Then why didn't they adopt you as well?" I asked since he said that we agreed not to be separated.

"I was asleep! The caretakers did not even informed me that you were going to be adopted! I only found out after several hours later. I was damn mad at them for not waking me up! I didn't even get to say goodbye to you." Oppa added. I didn't know why my tear slipped. I wiped it away with the back of my hand.

"They didn't tell you who adopted me?" I asked. Daehyun held on to my hand, assuring me that it was alright.

"They didn't! Whenever I asked they would say that small kids shouldn't bother so much. I was beyond furious. I couldn't wait till I got out of the orphanage. I then found out that it was all planned! Your foster parents bribed the caretakers to not let out any information about your whereabouts." He suddenly looked furious.

"Whatever. Nothing matters now. All that matters is that I've finally found you." He patted my head. His pat... There was something warm and familiar with his touch. I guessed this is what he refers to as feelings. My gut feelings tell me too that Seungho oppa is my biological brother. I don't think he would tell our family background to people so easily unless if he felt that it was safe.

"It's getting late. I'll drop you guys home." Oppa said. We nodded. Even though I wanted to continue listening, I knew there would be chances. Daehyun was probably feeling tired too.

Oppa footed the bill and drove us back.

"Thank you for the dinner Hyung." Daehyun said as we reached our doorstep.

"Thank you for the dinner Oppa!" I said.

"No worries!" Oppa replied as he walked towards his car.

"Oppa!" I called him.

"Hmmm?" He turned around. I walked towards him. 

"Even if, I said if our DNA does not match and we are not related, can I still call you oppa?" I asked. Not that I was desperate or anything. Is just that I feel that he's a nice person and I wouldn't mind an oppa like him. Although it would be best if the DNA matches.

"Silly girl! Of course!" He ruffled my hair. 

I had the urge to hug him and I did. It all felt familiar but why couldn't I remember anything about him?

"Quick go back! Your boyfriend is waiting and he'll get jealous if you hug me for too long." Oppa laughed. I laughed too seeing Daehyun waiting for me at the door.

"Bye! Drive safely!" I said as I went back to Daehyun.

"Is someone jealous?" I teased in front of his face.

"No." He pushed my face away.

"Awww... You are!!!" I laughed.

"Go away." He said.

"He may get my hug but only you can get this." I cupped his cheeks and kissed his pouty lips and skipped back to my room I turned and peeked at him and he was smiling to himself. 

 

I'll slowly reveal more of their past as the story progresses. Don't wanna cram all into one chapter. Too much to digest. hehe~

And to those who have requested for my one shot dance cover, thank you for even being interested to watch it!