Back To Normal

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

I woke up and I found myself in Daehyun's arms. I'm so lucky to have him with me. I don't know what would happen if I'm alone and he wasn't with me. I could have given up a long time ago.

Again, I admired his face, this sleeping guy in front of me, so perfect, so flawless. He's everything and even more of whatever I wanted. He's my pillar of strength. 

"Sorry I've neglected you and for not doing my part as your wife, as Youngie's Mommy. Thank you so much for tolerating my crap..." I whispered as I pecked his lips. How long has it been since I last had skinship with him?

Why must I always wait for him to talk sense to me before I start acting sensibly? I have to be the perfect wife to him, a perfect mother to my babies because they're perfect to me and I should probably go back on track by doing my job well, to make them breakfast. It's been a long time since I've made a scrumptous breakfast for him and he had always been so tolerant, not minding the fact. I must have been such a failure, can't even do my job right. He changed so much for me... Even Youngie is so well-behaved now.

I turned my body to get down my bed when I got a shock. Behind me was my little girl sleeping with her piglet soft toy. I almost pushed her off my bed! 

"Silly baby..." I shook my head and smiled a little at her sleeping self. She could have told us she were sleeping with us so that I would be able to let her sleep between us. What if she rolls off the bed or I squashed her or something? Why is she so cute? 

I guess I owe my little girl an apology too. I've been neglecting her. I shouldn't have done that. Baekie is mine and so is Youngie. I shouldn't have shown any favourtism. What's more was that my little girl didn't even make a fuss of it. So sweet, my baby girl.

I got out of bed carefully, carried her and placed her in Daehyun's arms. 

"Shh~" I patted her softly when she stirred in her sleep. I miss watching the both of them sleep. Youngie snuggled into Daehyun's chest and Daehyun pulled her closer to him. I can't believe how much of these father and daughter time I've missed when I had been neglecting them. 

I went to Baekie's room to check on him. I then realised, the person I watched sleeping the most was him.... 

"Baby, wake up already... It's been so long... Don't you want to play? Want to go school? Eat?" I brushed my knuckles against his cheeks.

"We all miss you very much... You slept enough already... Youngie is bored, she wants to play with you. Wake up soon baby~" I said as I gave him a kiss on his forehead and headed down to the kitchen. I decided to make American style breakfast for them.

After when I was done with the preparations for breakfast, I went up to wake the both of them up. While walking up, I already heard Youngie's giggling.

"Hahahaha~ Daddy stop! Youngie can't move!!" She was yelling and laughing. Daehyun hugged her tightly and spammed her face with kisses. I guessed she found it ticklish.

"Morning Darling, morning baby~" I greeted them.

"Morning Love~" Daehyun said.

"Morning Mommy! Mommy helpppp!!!" Youngie called out. I laughed and slapped Daehyun's arm lightly. He finally released Youngie but I realised it was only to give me my morning kiss.

"Yah~ Is that how you greet me?" He asked when I slapped his arm lightly. I kissed his lips.

"When did Youngie come in?" Daehyun asked.

"I'm not sure too. When I woke up, she was already beside me. I almost squashed her." I said. Youngie looked shocked and then started laughing.

"You! You hugged her so tightly without even knowing who she was!" I pointed at him.

"What?! I know I'm at home! I can hug anyone at home!" Daehyun said as he pulled me in for a hug. I blushed a little while Youngie sat and smiled goofily at us.

"Breakfast is ready!" I said as I pinched the both of their cheeks.

"REALLY?!" The both of them shouted.

"Yeah~ What's with that expression? I know it's been a long time and all. Sorry." I said.

" Shhh! No more apologies! Baby! Mommy cooked for us today!" Daehyun said. Youngie bounced on our bed. Are they that happy? I feel so guilty now...

"Let's go!" I said as I got off the bed. Youngie hopped onto Daehyun's back and before I know it, Daehyun lifted me up bridal style.

"What are you doing? Put me down! It's dangerous! Youngie stop bouncing!" I said though I must admit, I miss being carried by him but it was dangerous carrying the both of us while going down the steps.

"Trust me! I'm strong. Yah~ You lost weight!" He frowned as he walked down the steps.

"Breakfast!" I said as I took out their plates filled with food. The both of them looked so happy.

"Mommy, Youngie miss Mommy's food!" Youngie smiled as she stuffed the bread into .

"Mommy miss cooking for you too. Eat slowly! No one is gonna fight with you!" I said as I took the bread from her, placed her on my lap and fed her instead. Daehyun on the other hand, was doing the same thing with his bread. I facepalmed myself.

"Happy!" Youngie beamed at me. Awww...

"Baby girl, listen to Mommy say something." I said after I fed her a few mouthful. She looked at me with those curious eyes of hers. Even Daehyun stopped eating.

"Mommy's really sorry for not spending much time with Youngie for the past few weeks. It's just that I'm really worried about Baekhyun. I know it's not a valid reason and all but I'm really sorry. Forgive Mommy?" I said to her. She looked at me blankly which made me wonder whether she understood whatever I was saying.

"Baby?" I called her while she still looked blur. She wordlessly gave me a small kiss on my nose and then smiled at me.

"Stupid girl. Of course my little princess forgives her Mommy right?" Daehyun said, laughing a little. I smiled and ruffled her hair. She then grabbed my hand and guided my hand to , eating the sausage I was holding for her. Really like father like daughter. After breakfast, Daehyun did the dishes while I brought Youngie to the toilet to clean her up.

"Yah! No wonder you and Daddy were laughing at Mommy! You got ketchup on my nose and you didn't tell me?!" I frowned playfully at Youngie She just laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world.

After we were done with the dishes and washing up, Youngie wanted to watch a cartoon movie. We ended watching one with her. Youngie sat in between us with Daehyun ocassionally disturbing her.

Halfway through the show, we heard footsteps running down the stairs which distracted us from the movie.

"Mrs Jung, Baekhyun is awake!! I'll phone the doctor to check on him immediately!" The nurse said. MY BOY IS FINALLY AWAKE?! Daehyun carried Youngie and we ran into his room.

"Baekie!! You're awake!!!" I cupped his cheeks.

"Oppa!!" Youngie smiled. He did not reply.

"Baekhyunnie?" Daehyun called.

Then, he said something that made me lost control of my emotions. I broke down.

"Who are you?" Was what he said.

 

Why are you guys so certained Baekie will wake up? hee~

Rushed out a chapter because I'm so so so so so happy today!

SHINee WON BEST ARTIST AWARD!! I'M SO HAPPY AND PROUD FOR THEM!! And all five of them cried. AWWWW!!! and it's also their 2000th day when they won the award!