Worst Nightmare

Happily Ever After?

Baekhyun's POV

When Baekie and Youngie got to school, everything was going well. We played and talked with our friends. However, after awhile of sitting in the air conditioned classroom for some time, Baekie was starting to feel unwell. I stood up wanting to ask for permission to the restroom but vomitted Mommy's breakfast instead. My teacher brought me to the toilet. Baekhyun was afraid of the mess I created and kept apologizing to teacher. Teacher was nice. She didn't scold me.

"Mommy says to call her if I'm sick." I told teacher as she poked that something into my ear to take my temperature. Mommy did that before when Baekie was unwell. Teacher nodded and called Mommy.

"Your mom isn't answering. I'll call your dad." Teacher said. I nodded.

"Both your parents are not answering their phones, Baekhyun. I'm afraid you will have to wait and rest here till someone fetches you. I'll try calling them again later." I nodded sadly. Where are you Mommy and Daddy? 

"Hi, I'm Baekhyun's Umma." One lady came in to the office and said. Teacher and I looked at the lady who claimed that she was Baekyhun's umma. Umma!?

"I'm sorry but I've never seen you before." Teacher said. 

"I'm his real Umma. The one you've been seeing is his foster parents. You can ask him if you need confirmation." Umma said to teacher. 

"Baekhyun-ah!" His umma called cheerfully. Is umma happy to see me?

"U-umma?" I stuttered, feeling afraid.

"Yes baby, Umma is here to pick you up." She said nicely.

"That's great. He's running a temperature and he vomited just now. Baekhyun, get lots of rest okay?" Teacher said and patted my head.

"But-" Baekhyun said and got cut off by umma.

"Come, let's go baby." umma said. I scratched my head. Did umma became nice?

I looked at my hand and got a little shock. This was the first time umma held my hand without a rope, it was the first time umma had even touch me this gentle before. Baekhyun felt good

Umma loves me. I thought.

When we walked out of school together, we were approaching a big black van. It looked scary.

"Get in!" Umma shouted as she flung me in by my arm. It hurts a little.

"Umma... Where are we going?" I asked umma, feeling scared.

"Shut up. You'll find out soon." Umma said as some scary looking guys pulled my hands to the back and tied it. I started crying. Mommy, Daddy, Baekie's scared! 

"Shut up you stupid kid!" I felt someone slap my cheek. It stung! He then took a cloth and covered my mouth and nose. It was so smelly. Then, my eyes closed. Baekie fell asleep.

 

"Wake up you stupid kid!" Baekie felt someone slapped my head hard. I opened my eyes and saw umma with seven ahjusshis. I didn't know who they were. Baekie's hands were tied behind my back and I was trapped to a chair with thick heavy metal chains.

"Call his mom. Quick." One ahjusshi said.

"Later. Let's have some fun first." Umma said. Fun? 

"Let me go please umma! I'm scared!" I said to umma. 

"You ought to be scared. No one is gonna rescue you now." Umma laughed scarily. The other Ahjusshis were laughing too.

"Stupid boy. How is it? Living with your 'daddy' and 'mommy'? They loved you a lot huh?" Umma asked she she shook my chin. I nodded slowly.

"You dare to nod?! Who gave you the permission to leave the playground?!" Umma said as she slapped my face. I cried.

"Shut up!" Umma smacked my mouth. Mommy! Save Baekie please!

"Bring the cold water here." Umma gestured one of the ahjusshis and he brought the pail of water here. 

"You dare run away from me huh?!" Umma shouted and poured the cold water all over me. Baekie is so cold... 

"Bring the whip here." Umma said. I shook my head. Not that thing please!! Umma gave me a smile before she swung that thing across my body.

"Umma stop!! Pain!" I cried.

"Don't you dare order me around!" Umma spat as she swung it and it hit my legs. It's so painful! 

"Why? Wishing your 'Mommy' and 'Daddy' were here? No one is gonna help you." Umma said as she continued to whip me. 

"Umma, I'm not feeling well, please stop!" Baekie cried and pleaded.

"I SAID SHUT UP!" Umma spat at me. Baekie was dizzy. 

"DAMN YOU LITTLE DEVIL! HOW DARE YOU VOMIT ON ME!" Umma pulled my hair.

"Ow!!!" I cried.

"CALL HER NOW! DEMAND FIVE MILLION FROM HER!" umma shouted and kicked Baekie. She then taped my mouth. My mouth is so dirty... Baekie is so cold....

Baekie misses Mommy, Daddy and Youngie...

Umma and the ahjusshis left Baekie alone and then they came back.

"No one is gonna save you. Even your Mommy and Daddy hate you." One ahjusshi said. 

Mommy and Daddy hate Baekie too? Baekie cried.

 

 

Jieun's POV

I was pacing around the house nervously. Many thoughts ran through my head. Where is Baekie? What will they do with him? How is he feeling now? He must be so scared without us by his side.

"Princess, sit down please." Daehyun said as he pulled my arm towards the couch. 

"I'm sure she won't do anything yet. It's probably a kidnap. They wouldn't hurt him if they wanted to exchange him with something." Daehyun added.

"How can I not be worried?! He was coughing before! His teacher even called us to fetch him which meant that he wasn't feeling well! We shouldn't have gone for the massage! I would have answered the phone!" I said. I can't help but feel like it was my fault. Mommy's sorry, baby. If we didn't enjoy so much, we would have picked you up. None of this would have happened! I don't even know how is he now!" I shouted.

"It's not your fault. Stop blaming yourself please. We'll find him." He said but I heard nothing.

"Jung Eunyoung come here!" I shouted. She was sitting on the floor, playing with her toys by herself. She ran towards me.

"What did you say just now?! You said you will take care of oppa right? Why didn't you take care of him?! How can you just let him disappear like that?!" I scolded her as I hit her bottom with my hands. 

"Owww! Mommy!!" She cried.

"Yah! What are you doing?! Stop it! It's not her fault!" Daehyun shouted as he stopped me and carried Youngie away from me. 

"She's only four! How do you expect her to know what's going on? How can you put the blame on her like that?! I know you're worried and all. So am I but that's not the way to behave! How can you vent your unhappiness on your own child?!" Daehyun scolded me. He was right, what the hell is wrong with you Jieun?! I kept quiet and walked to the kitchen.

"Baby girl, don't cry. Mommy didn't mean it. Mommy is just stressed and worried. Don't be mad at Mommy okay?" I heard Daehyun comforting Youngie.

"Pain..." She sobbed.

"Shhh.. Don't cry Sweetheart. You're a good girl. Mommy's the naughty one. But then again, I can't really blame her..." Daehyun said to her. Blame me, I deserve it.

I cannot lose hope. I cannot hurt another one. 

"Youngie... Mommy's sorry." I said as I walked towards her with a small bowl of ice cream. She hid her face in the crook of Daehyun's neck, avoiding me.

"Baby girl, Mommy already apologized. Don't cry anymore okay? Mommy will feel even sadder if Youngie doesn't talk to Mommy. Don't you want ice cream? You don't want mommy to cry right?" Daehyun helped me. She nodded her head.

"Mommy don't cry. Youngie will be good." She said as she took the bowl of ice cream. I showed her a small smile.

"Mommy you're crying." Youngie frowned as she wiped the tear that slipped out.

"We'll find him. I won't let anything happen to him. I promise." Daehyun said. As much as I want to believe his words, I couldn't I don't even know where is he...

Just then, my phone rang.

"Hello?!" I answered hurriedly.

"Miss me?" The voice I did not hear for a very long time but could recognise almost instantly said.

"What do you want?!" I replied, not in the mood for his games.

"My my, how dare you talk like that to your stepbro?" He said. His voice is pissing me off.

"Guess what?" He said. 

"Who's that?" Daehyun signalled.

"I have no time for games!" I replied rudely.

"Minsook." I mouthed to Daehyun. He then asked me to put on speaker mode.

"You better watch that tone of yours. I have something you want or maybe not since he's not yours to start with." He said. 

"What?!" I questioned.

"Do you by any chance know a kid named Baekhyun?" He asked.

"Don't you dare do anything to him!" I shouted.

"Watch that tone of yours. You'll get him killed." He said smugly.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Simple. Prepare five million for me. You have 10 hours." He said.

"Where am I gonna find five million?!" I shouted.

"You can't? Then it's fine. Maybe this kid is not important to you. Afterall, he's not even your own. I'm sure his death won't hurt you. You have one more girl anyway so it doesn't even matter if he lives or dies. Goodbye." He said.

"Wait!" I shouted.

"Changed your mind?" He asked.

"How do I know if he's really with you?" Daehyun asked.

"Oh, lover boy is listening too." He said.

"You don't. But let me tell you, his umma is with me. We're in this together. You have 10 hours. Don't try any tricks." He said.

"I'll give you the money! You must promise me not to touch him!" I shouted.

"Little sis, you don't have a say in anything. I'll give you instructions at the ninth hour. If I don't see you, I know how important that stupid kid is in your heart." He said.

"At least let me hear- Hello?!" I said. He hung up!! What is this?! I cannot risk Baekie's life. They're all satans! They will do anything to hurt him!

"Daehyunnie... What are we going to do? Where am I gonna find five million within such a short time? What if they play tricks?!" I cried.

"Don't worry about the money. Leave it to me. Take care of Youngie." Daehyun said.

"But it's five million, not five thousand!" I replied.

"Princess, trust me. I won't let anything happen to any of you. I'll do whatever I can." Daehyun cupped my cheeks as he wiped my tears with his thumb. I could only believe him. With that, he left the house, leaving Youngie on my lap.

 

Yay! Updating because I'm happy that SHINee is coming back again! :D 

Almost lost the motivation to update......... Sorry if this is crappy.