Deserved

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

"ARE YOU FINALLY AWAKE?!" I picked up my phone.

"Hyung? What's up?" I asked groggily.

"WHAT'S UP?! YOU ASK ME WHAT'S UP?! WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING? I THOUGHT I ASKED YOU TO APOLOGISE TO HER? What the hell were you doing?! Are you that busy? Are you that tired?!" Hyung yelled through the phone.

"What happened?" I asked half awake.

" Her fever escalated! She's in the hospital now! Seriously Jung Daehyun. You need to be slapped." Hyung said.

"What?! I'm on my way." I was awake already.

"Owww..." I groaned when I fell off my bed.

What? It was just a dream?

I quickly checked my phone to see if there were any miss calls. Thankfully, there was none. To be safe, I texted her.

Baby, I'm sorry... How are you feeling?

After five minutes, there was still no reply. I called her instead. I did not keep track of how many times I've called but no matter how many times I did, there was no answer. I started to panick. 

"Please let it be just a dream." I muttered to myself as I dialled hyung's number. It seemed like my only option.

"What?" He picked up. He sounded funny.

"Hyung?!" I said worriedly.

"What?! This better not be a damn prank I tell you." He hissed.

"No no, it's not. How is Jieun?" I asked, a little afraid of him.

"Really Jung Daehyun? Is that all you can do? Instead of dropping by to check on her, all you could ask is 'How is Jieun?' ?! I thought too highly of you then." He said.

"I don't mean that, I mean, is she alright? Is she at home?" I asked.

"Of course she's at home. If not where would she be?" He replied, sounding super irritated.

"The hospital." I replied subconsciously.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?! ARE YOU CURSING HER?!" He raised his voice.

"No no no. I'm not." I replied quickly. Her brother is scary.

"She's having fever now but it's fine. I'll take care of her since you're not doing much too." He said. I could sense the sarcasm in his voice.

"I'm heading over now." I said.

"But-" I didn't know he would continue to talk and I ended the call. Oh well. He can say it to me later.

I quickly got dressed and drove to her home. I rang her doorbell and knocked on the door, waiting impatiently for someone to open.

"Thank you!" I said when Auntie came and open the door. I wasted no time and rushed up to her room. I didn't bother knocking and I just opened the door.

"Princess?" I said as I rushed to her bedside, holding her hands. She was covered in cold sweat and she was burning.

"I'm so so so sorry." I kissed her knuckles and I tried waking her up.

"Please, don't scare me. Wake up~" I said, spamming kisses on her hands.

"Thank God~" I said when she opened her eyes slightly.

"I'm sorry! I'm the fool. I'm the stupid one. I'm sorry I doubted you. I'm sorry I didn't come earlier." I said. I felt so bad seeing her so sick. She tried to struggle out of my grip.

"No please. I'm really sorry." I said, shaking my head and gripping on her harder.

"Let. Go." She said, sounding really weak but firm.

"I said let go. If not I'm calling oppa." She threatened. I had no choice.

"Get out." She demanded.

"No let me say something-" I got cut off before even finishing my sentence.

"I don't want to hear. Get out." She covered her ears.

"Two minutes. Just give me two minutes. If you want to chase me out after that, I wont stop you." I pleaded while removing her hands from her ears.

"No. Get out." She said. Who am I to be bargaining with her? She had every right to treat me like this.

"One minute. Just one. Please." I pleaded. This time she did not say anything. I took it as a green light to apologize.

"I... erm..." Why am I stuttering?!

"If you have nothing to say then leave." She said.

"Okay okay. I'll talk." I replied.

"I'm really very sorry for accusing you like that. I didn't know what got into me. Everything is so screwed up, I'm the most screwed up. Suddenly the problems pile like no tomorrow. I know that I'm not supposed to put the blame on these things when it was clearly my fault." I blabbered, not even sure if I knew what I was saying.

"30 seconds." She said.

"What? I don't even think I took 10 seconds!" I replied.

"20 seconds." She said, totally showing me no mercy.

"I'm sorry if I didn't come last night. I really am. Something happened and I needed to get it fixed and I fell asleep even before I knew it. I know I'm giving excuses again but it's the truth. I'm sorry I flared my anger on you. I'm also disappointed with myself." I rushed through my words.

"10 Seconds." She said.

"Stop counting down! Are you even listening?!" I got a little frustrated. The countdown is making me nervous and it makes me forget what I want to say!

"Time's up. You've said whatever you need to say. You can go now." She said, turning away, back facing me.

"Are you gonna be that heartless?" I asked.

"Heartless? You call this heartless?! You said I used dirty tricks. You said it was my plan to get food poisoning. You pushed everything to me and you call me heartless?!" She said, sounding really weak but still trying to raise her voice.

"Don't shout. That's why I came to apologise. I know I'm in the wrong this time and I'm sorry. " I tried to control my anger. It would not help if I flared up. Daehyun remain calm. You're the one at fault.

"What are you trying to tell me? Do you think you deserve to be forgiven just after saying just a few sentences? Do you know how much you hurt me by hurling those words straight into my face even without thinking?" She said. She was right. I don't deserve her forgiveness but I couldn't stop as well. If not, this might be the end.

"I know I don't deserve it. I'm a jerk. I hurt you, I did not consider your feelings at all." Somehow my hands had minds of their own and they were of course supporting her, I was slapping myself hard. She stared at me emotionless. 

Jieun's POV

I kept waking up to vomit. My stomach hurts. I didn't each much and it was so torturous when I had to force something out but nothing could come out. Just when I thought I could finally fall asleep, my temperature rose. I feel so uncomfortable... I guessed my body was too weak and I fell asleep. Just when I thought I had just fallen asleep, I heard noises. I opened my eyes slowly. I turned to my side and I see Daehyun kneeling beside my bed.

I did not really mean to be cold towards him but I was still hurt from his words even though on the other hand, I was happy he came. I did not want to have any contact with him because I was afraid I would pass the germs to him. My mind told me to be a little harsh towards him and so I did. 

Honestly, no matter how many minutes I give him, even if it was just ten seconds, I would have forgiven him. It was just that pride thing in me. A part of me wanted to play hard to get. I shouldn't forgive him too easily too right? What if he hurts me again? I am never gonna be prepared for another accusation.

I was stunned when he started slapping himself. He has never done that before. I didn't know how to react. I sat up and stared at him.

I grabbed his arms with the strength I had to make him stop.

"I'm sorry. I really am. Can't you tell I'm sincere?" He asked, cheeks red from slapping.

I cupped his face and kissed him. He responded, leading me to a gentle kiss.

"I'm so sorry Princess." He said as he pulled away. I did not know what to say.

"Isn't it painful?" I asked, cupping his now redden cheeks.

"I deserve it." He said. I kissed him on his lips again.

"Wait, aren't you sick?" He asked as he pulled away.

"I am. I thought you wouldn't care if we kissed or not when I'm sick." I said, feeling disappointed that he pulled away.

"I don't." He said as he cupped my face and gave me a full blown kiss.

"Do aegyo for me." I requested.

"No." He turned me down flat.

"Fine, get out then." I playfully said.

"Okay okay! You know how to bully me." He said.

"You can always don't do and just leave." I said.

"No no, I'll do, I'll do." He said as he did his three set aegyo. (main image)

"There, happy?" I nodded, pleased.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, I shook my head. 

"Eaten your medicine?" He continued. I nodded.

"When?" He asked.

"Last night." I replied.

"What? Last night? That's it. I'm cooking and you're gonna eat. You have no say in this." He said.

"What? Last night is just a few hours ago." I said not understanding why I needed to eat when I just had it a couple of hours ago.

"What? It's 7.30 am now?" He asked, looking confused.

"Yea~ If not what do you think the time was?" I asked him.

"I thought it was still at night." He scratched the back of his head. I laughed.

"Yea yeah~ Laugh all you want." He said.

"You're hot." Daehyun said. I slapped his arm shyly.

"What were you thinking? I meant you were burning hot, your fever." He smirked. Stupid, he's back to his teasings.

"But I mean it when I say you're hot." Daehyun whispered into my ear before heading off.

He came back with a wet towel and sponged me.

"It's fine. I'll do it. You have things to do don't you?" I asked.

"Nope, not today. Today I'm only gonna care about you and not bother about anyhting else." He said.

"Your restaurant?" I asked.

"Nothing is more important than you." He said staring straight into my eyes. I melted.

"Sleep, you must be tired. I'll take care of you." He said as he fluffed my pillow and made me lie down.

"Night or rather, morning princess." He said as he pecked my forehead.

"You're not going to leave are you?" I asked.

"Nope, just like old times, I'll be here." He said. I smiled and drifted off to sleep. Somehow, I don't feel so sick anymore.

 

Don't blame Jieun for being harsh because let's face it, girls like playing hard to get once in awhile. hee~ Hope you enjoyed this chapter. 
I wonder if people actually care about the notes I leave at the end of chapters...