Shopping

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

I woke up and saw a beautiful sight, Daddy was hugging my baby girl and they were both still asleep. How sweet~ Then I realised, my little boy is nowhere in sight. I got out of bed and went down immediately.

"Baekhyunnie?" I called out sleepily. 

"What are you doing? Get up!" I said, shocked.

"Good Morning Mommy." He said, kneeling in front of me.

"Baby, get up. There's no need to do that." I said, helping him up and we sat on the couch. 

"Don't ever do that again or Mommy and Daddy will get upset. Daddy might even get angry. You don't want that do you?" I asked. He shook his head, hair swishing from left to right.

"I want you to know that that home and this home is different. Here, you follow what we do. And we do it like this in the morning. Good morning Baby~" I explained and gave him a kiss.

"Although sometimes Youngie will jump on us to wake us up instead." I thought it was a cute sight imagining her do that but Baekhyun looked shocked by it. 

"Relax, it's nothing scary. It's cute actually." I patted his head.

"Breakfast for you?" I asked.

"Umma only gives me milk in the morning." he said. 

"Okay, I'll make milk for you. Do you want pancakes?" I said, walking with him to the kitchen. I wanted to know more about him and since the other two are not awake, I thought I could use this time to bond with him.

"What's pancakes?" He asked.

"Pancakes is something yummy. Daddy and Youngie loves them a lot. I'll make some for you too." I said as I made his milk for him.

"Careful, it's a little warm." I said as I handed him the cup. He took a sip and looked at me.

"Is it supposed to be this cold? Umma made me drink hot ones." He told me. What? This is cold?! Eunyoung would be taking her own sweet time to drink because it was too warm for her!

"This is the usual milk temperature. Is it nice?" I asked. He nodded.

"Thank you Mommy." He said as he gulpped down the milk.

"Baby, drink slowly. No one is going to take it away from you." I poked his cheek lightly.

We talked while I prepared breakfast.

"Baby, why are you up so early?" I asked.

"I have to wake up at 5am. Umma told me all kids wake up at 5am." He said. I got a shock. How young is he to wake up that early?! I was already a teen when I had to wake up that early. He reminds me so much of my past...

"Here, you can sleep as long as you want. You don't see Youngie waking up so early. I don't want you to go down when Daddy or Mommy has not woken up yet. It's dangerous for you to be alone downstairs." I said. He looked confused but did not press on.

"Do you miss your Umma?" I asked since I notice he was always talking about her. He looked afraid to reply.

"Don't worry, I won't hit you or anything like that." I said. He slowly shook his head. I know I should not be feeling like that but I can't help but feel happy.

"Why?" I asked.

"Painful." He said as he hugged himself.

"What did she do to you?" I asked. He said nothing.

"Did she do this to you?" I asked as I pointed to the marks on his arms. He nodded. Mine was my stepfamily. His is his biological mother. What kind of a mom is she?!

"Are you tired? You woke up really early today. Do you want to go back to sleep first? We're heading out later for shopping to get you stuff." I said. He looked at me with a blur face.

"Okay, tell you what, you sleep first and once breakfast is done I'll wake you. Go go." I said as I brought him up to my room.

"Sleep~ Babies like you need a lot of rest." I said as I tucked him in. My two other babies were still in their dreamland.

I went back down and prepared their breakfast for them.

"Morning Mommy!!!" My little girl gave me a shock and hugged my legs while I was already cooking the pancakes.

"Morning Sweetie~ Did you have a good sleep?" I asked as I ruffled her hair.

"Yes! Daddy kept me warm!" She said as she clung onto my legs.

"That's good~" I said, feeling a tiny bit jealous! I'm the one who's supposed to be in Daehyun's arms. Oh well. At least it's my girl and not some other people.

"Morning Princess." Daehyun wrapped his arms around my waist and gave me my kiss.

"Morning Love~" I said, flipping the pancakes. 

"Is Baekie still asleep?" I asked. 

"Mmmhmm." He replied.

"Good... You know, his mom made him wake up at five every morning... Poor boy." I said.

"Yea~ Reminds me of you as well. I'm glad I saved you from that hell hole and I'm glad he's saved too." Daehyun said.

"Youngie ah~ You're lucky to have parents like us, giving you whatever you want and we love you so much. You got to love Baekhyunnie too okay?" Daehyun said to her. I don't know if she was in denial or what, she was already running around the house.

"Breakfast is ready!" I said as I brought the pancakes out. The moment she heard food, she stopped running and went directly to the dining table. This baby is exactly the same as her father.

"Don't eat first. I'll go wake Baekhyun up." I said as I headed up.

"Yah~ Mommy said no eating first!" I heard Daehyun say to her.

"Morning Daddy, morning Youngie!" Baekhyun said as he sat between me and Daehyun.

"Morning baby." Daehyun smiled.

"Morning... oppa..." Youngie mumbled. At least she greeted.

We cut the pancakes in to smaller pieces for the both of them.

"Nice?" Daehyun asked.

"Yes!" The both of them replied. 

After breakfast, we got ready to leave. 

"Mommy sit with me!" Youngie said when we were in the car.

"You can sit with Oppa." I said, hoping that the two of them will bond more. Baekhyun seemed to quiet and Youngie wasn't really talking to him.

"I want to sit with Mommy!!" She insisted. I ended sitting with the both of them, with Youngie in the center seat.

"Where are we going Mommy?" She asked excitedly.

"We're going to buy clothes and stuff for your Oppa. You want to help choose?" I asked. 

"Youngie want stuff too!" She said. 

"Sure." I said as I pinched her cheeks.

We arrived at a furniture shop to get a bed for Baekie. The both of them seemed pretty excited and amazed at the stuff they sold there. Of course, Youngie was the more active one. While Baekie was quiet, way to quiet for a kid his age.

"Choose any one you like." Daehyun said.

"That one Daddy." Baekhyun pointed to a big cushion.

"That one? You want to buy that? Okay." Daehyun said. We were not sure why he wanted a cushion. 

"Daddy I want it too!" Youngie said. Daehyun placed two cushions into the cart. 

"Baekhyunnie~ Have you seen a bed you like?" I asked. He gave me a look.

"Bed? For me?" He asked.

"Of course it's for you. If not where are you going to sleep?" I asked. He pointed to the cushion in the cart.

"What?! You're just going to sleep on a cushion?" Daehyun asked. 

"I always sleep on a cushion." He replied. Poor boy~

"If I know that the purpose of this cushion was for you to sleep on, I would have never got it!" Daehyun said. Baekhyun looked scared.

"No no, what I'm trying to say is, you're supposed to sleep on a bed. No one sleeps on a cushion! I thought you wanted a cushion to lie on when watching tv or something!" Daehyun said.

"I'm getting a bed?" He asked.

"Yes. Choose one. Choose one that you like. Daddy will buy it for you." I said, ruffling his hair. He looked at the designs for quite some time before deciding to go with the sports car design.

"Daddy I want!!" Youngie added.

"What do you want?" Daehyun asked.

"Bed!" She said, pointing to a random bed.

"Sweetie, we bought you your bed no long ago. It's almost brand new. Don't you like your bed?" I asked. She said nothing. We ended up buying the bed and the cushions for them to lie on in the living room.

We requested for the bed and cushions to be delivered tonight so that he would have a place to sleep.

"Okay! Shopping for clothes now!" I said as I brought them to one of the biggest kids clothing shop. Daehyun brought Baekhyun around while I brought Eunyoung around. She's like one excited puppy, looking and touching everything she could lay her hands on. Even though this trip was for Baekhyun, Eunyoung would be upset if she did not get anything so I ended buying some stuff for her as well. While the guys were busy shopping for his clothes, I brought Youngie to a toy shop. I always thought kids would feel better if they had a toy to hug to sleep with.

"Baby, which one do you think your oppa will like?" I said as I showed her two stuffed animals, one panda and a bear.

"Youngie wants this!" She pointed to the panda one.

"But Youngie already has a piglet. This is for oppa." I said. She frowned and walked away.

"Youngie! Yah! I don't want you to get lost! Walk with Mommy." I said as I held her hands. She tried to struggle out but I held onto her firmly.

"Stop it. If not this will be the last time I'm bringing you out." I said. She was grumpy now but did not attempt to struggle out of my grip.

I paid for the panda and bought two lollipops for the both of them knowing that she needs to be coaxed. She smiled and ate her lolli happily when I handed it to her. 

After shopping, we headed back home. When the bed came, Daehyun and Baekhyun were busy setting up the bed while I was reading to Youngie on her bed. Baekhyun would pass the different tools or wood to Daehyun, like a perfect assistant. I could already see Baekhyun getting used to us. I just need the two kids to get used to each other. Sometimes, Daehyun would tease Baekhyun by hiding some of the bed parts. His laughter was heard more often and I'm glad. 

"From today onwards, the both of you are going to share this room. You both cannot be forever sleeping with us." Daehyun said. Yes kids, I need time with my husband as well. Time alone.

"I don't want!" Eunyoung threw a tantrum.

"Baby girl! There's no want or don't want here. What I say is final. I want the both of you to start to live together.The both of you are now siblings. I don't want any nonsense okay. Love each other." Daehyun added. She pouted but say nothing. I know she's not used to this but I hope she'll slowly adjust to it. 

"Goodnight babies." We hugged and kissed them goodnight.

"I mean it when I say no nonsense okay. I don't want to come in here just to stop you both from fighting or anything of that sort." Daehyun said. They both nodded. I tucked them into bed before we headed back to our own.

"Finally, our own time together..." Daehyun said, as he wrapped his arms around me. I miss this. I fell asleep in his arms. I could feel the warmth Youngie felt.