Yang Jieun

Happily Ever After?

~~~~~'s POV

"Seungho oppa, please, I'm very tired. Can I stop? I'll continue them tomorrow! I promise!" I pleaded. I was dead tired. I knew things were too good too be true.

"Shut up! You're not allowed in your room until you clean every single part of the house. You can forget about meeting that boy too! You have an hour. Don't say I didn't give you time. Don't piss me off I'm telling you or else, don't blame me when I do things you will not like." Oppa warned me. I went back to doing my chores. 

I trusted him and he treats me like I'm his maid, no different from Minsook. Although he has not lay a finger on me yet, his words and expression are enough to scare me. It's been days and all I did was clean, clean and more cleaning. It doesn't help when he only allows me to use a toothbrush to scrub the entire house. It's not as big as Daehyun's but with a toothbrush, I felt like I was scrubbing an entire city. My body is aching so bad and I have not eaten for almost a day. Daehyun, where are you?

"Time's up. Seems like you're really taking your own sweet time. Still taking breaks when you're barely done!" He shouted. Oh no. 

"Get up! Come here!" He said surprisingly calm. I moved immediately. If Minsook is scary, Seungho oppa was worst because I can never tell what he was going to do. He does not have a good temper as well. I could tell. He was never in a good mood.I hurriedly went to him.

"AH!" He slapped me hard on my cheeks that almost sent me flying.

"Bloody slow! I provide you with a home and you can't even get your job done! Are you testing my patience?!" He shouted into my face. I shook my head vigorously.

"Huh?! Turning mute now?" He pinched my arms.

"No no. I'm sorry oppa. It hurts. Please stop." I pleaded.

"Oh so you're ordering me around now?!" He yelled as he took a belt. 

"No please!!! I'm Sorry!!" I apologized, bowing.

"Hey hey, it's fine. Everything is fine. No one is hurting you." I heard a faint voice. 

"Nightmare?" Daehyun asked as I opened my eyes. I nodded, hugging him. Today wasn't the first time I was having nightmares. I have been having them for days. Daehyun knew about it and suggested that I slept with him so that he would be there for me.

I guess the whole brother thing has been really affecting me. It's not that I want to but how could I not? I was already scarred by my past.

"Everything is alright now... Don't brood over it." Daehyun comforted me as he planted a kiss on my lips and smoothed my hair. Today's nightmare was the worst. I didn't know why. Does it have to do with the fact that the results will be out today?

Throughout these few weeks, I did not meet up with Seungho oppa. He said he had some urgent things to attend too but he promised me that he would be there to get the results. I was also eager to find out and so I told him I'll meet him at the centre.

"Hyung." Daehyun called as soon as Oppa walked in.

"O-Oppa." I greeted him, subconsciously tightening my grip around Daehyun's wrist as I stood closer to Daehyun.

"Hello Daehyun, hello Jieun." Oppa greeted back. Jieun... How foreign that name sounds.

"How have you been?" He asked, particularly me as he approached me. 

"I'm fine." I replied as calm as possible as I moved further from him, closer to Daehyun. Daehyun patted my shoulders assuring me.

"Is everything okay? Like really okay? You look different." Oppa asked. I nodded. He looked puzzled.

 

Daehyun's POV

"Hyung, honestly, she's been having nightmares. It's not that she doesn't want a brother or anything. It's her past. I really hope whatever the result is you won't hurt her like her bastard stepbrother." I said, not wanting to hide the truth from Hyung. He needs to know what she has been going through. I was also somehow alerting him that I would not stand back and watch her past repeat again.

"Bastard stepbrother? What happened in the past?" Hyung looked really confused.

"Yang Seungho sshi?" The staff called.

"We'll talk later." Hyung said as he approached the staff. We followed behind him. The staff handed him an envelope and Hyung thanked him. He left.

"Wait, before you open it, no matter what the results are, please don't hurt her." I said, feeling protective of my princess.

"Am I that sort of guy?" Hyung asked. To be honest, I'm not sure but I was intimidated by his gaze. I shook my head.

"Don't worry. I'm not someone who gets mad as and when." He said as he patted my shoulders.

"Ready?" He asked as he held the opening of the envelope. My girl nodded but I could tell she was nervous.

Hyung opened the letter and smiled.

"Umma, Appa, I finally found her. I finally found your daughter, my sister, Yang Jieun." He said as he hugged my princess.

"Why are you crying? Too happy?" He asked as he pulled away from the hug and wiped her tears.

"I'm no longer the only one in my family. I have a family now." She cried tears of joy.

"Silly girl. My little sister." Hyung patted her head.

Finally, she found her family members. I feel really happy for her. I no longer feel the jealousy... no.. I was never jealous. 

"Daehyunnie! I finally have an elder brother! My own brother!" She squealed as she hugged me. I hugged her back, patting her back. Hyung laughed. 

"Yes, I feel happy for you." I said.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." She looked down. I knew what she was thinking.

"Pabo! I'm fine. Really." She must have thought I would feel sad because my family members were no longer around. 

"So I'm Yang Jieun?" She asked.

"Of course! If not who!" Hyung replied.

"I'm Yang Jieun!" She repeated over and over again, into hyung's face and into mine.

"Yang Jieun!" Hyung called.

"Yang Jieun!" I called.

"I love how my name sounds coming out from my two oppas' mouth!" She smiled as she hooked our arms. Silly girl.

Yang Jieun. A very pretty name. It suits her very well. She has 'eun' in her name too. I guess she's a gift from God to me. Taking one and giving me another. 

Jieun... I'll get used to her name.

 

I'll get used to her name too. haha~ replacing ~~~~~ with Jieun from now!