Oww!!

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

I always wondered how was Daehyun able to chase us away when he was actually very afraid as well. So silly of him, wanting to face everything by himself. Doesn't he know what a family is for? We're supposed to stand by each other and not leave when life gets hard. Even I know this! How can he not know when he's smarter than me and even running a business!? 

While waiting for these few weeks to past, I could tell he was afraid of the outcome. He spent all his time with us as though... I could feel it even though he didn't say a thing and was with all smiles. 

To be honest, I was also very afraid of the outcome. Why can't it be me instead? Why must it be him? He's a good guy. He did so much for me and the kids. Things  wasn't supposed to turn out like that. 

I wasn't able to sleep peacefully for these few weeks. I know I would not be able to sleep in peace until I know that he's okay. Daehyun, please be okay.

Somehow, I felt like the kids knew about it, not the terms and all but I think they could sense something. They were really 'sticky' towards Daehyun and they were also well behaved. They didn't have any random bickerings or whatsoever. They were really loving towards each other and I'm glad.

I came out from the kitchen with some fruits and was greeted by a cute sight. Daehyun was sitting in between the both of them, reading a bedtime story. The both of them listened attentively and asked him loads of questions which he gladly answered though he was talking rubbish throughout. 

I placed the bowl on Daehyun's lap and sat beside Baekie. We were looking through the storybook but they got distracted by the bowl of fruits on Daehyun's lap that Daehyun ended not continuing the story. While eating, his phone rang, I was curious to who it was. 

"Wrong number." Daehyun said.

"Daddy can I play with your phone?" Youngie asked.

"Sure Sweetie." He said as he passed his phone to her.

"Youngie!!" She shouted as she showed us the screen.

"Yes baby, it's you." Daehyun said. She continued to scroll through the pictures on his phone. That picture of her was oddly familiar. But I thought...

"How did you get that photo of her?" I asked while he was stuffing the fruits into his mouth.

"Why did you lie to us? You were there right?" I asked. He said nothing but continue to eat.

"Daehyunnie!" I shouted as I took the bowl of fruits away from him.

"What? Yes, I was there. How could I miss it?" He smiled. 

"Why?!" I asked.

"Why I was there? I don't know. Because my kids are performing?" He said like it was the most obvious thing.

"No. Why didn't you come and find us? Why did you have to lie to me and tell me you were at work?" I asked.

"You know the reason." He said, looking away. 

"You already knew then that you had it?" I asked. He nodded.

"Why are you so stupid!" I asked, slapping his thigh. He pouted while the kids looked shocked.

"Mommy! Why did you hit Daddy?!" Youngie asked, shocked while Baekie soothed Daehyun's thigh with his tiny palms.

"Because he deserved it!" I said as I walked away, I don't want them to see my tears.

"Princess! Hey, what's wrong?" He said as he grabbed my wrist.

"I can't believe you didn't say anything about it! What am I to you? Am I even your wife? Or am I just someone who you took in?" I cried. I know I shouldn't get emotional but I couldn't help it.

"I'm sorry... I just didn't want you to be upset and get all worried." He said, wiping my tears.

"I can't believe I actually thought you didn't turn up. I can't believe I doubted you. I should have been here with you. You shouldn't be going through all that alone. I'm sorry." I said, hugging him. 

"I really thought money was more important to you than us. I'm such a failure. I'm so sorry...." I cried. How is it that I married someone so nice to me?

"Silly girl. I was the one who made you think like that. It's not your fault. I never once did blame you." He said, carassing the back of my head.

"Of course it's your fault! You didn't tell me anything! We're a family!" I slapped his chest hard.

"Oww..." He whined. I ended up patting the part I slapped.

"Don't ever do that again!" I scolded.

"You want that to happen again?" He asked.

"No! You'll be fine!!" I frowned.

"Okay okay, I'll be fine..." He said as he pulled me in for another hug.

"You better make sure you'll be fine." I said.

"Mommy! Why are you crying?" Baekie asked.

"Because Daddy loves her too much." Daehyun said. 

"Youngie don't want to cry!" Youngie said. This girl. 

"Stop crying already. The kids will think I'm bullying you." Daehyun said.

"Mommy I want hug too!!" The both of them said. Daehyun carried the both of them and we had a family hug. 

After that, I told the kids that Daehyun was there during their play and they were so happy and they started talking about it, not wanting to sleep.

 

Author's POV

Soon, it was the day of Daehyun's results. Somehow, the entire family looked so glum.

"Hey hey, I'm not dead yet." Daehyun said as he poked the kids' cheeks though inside, he was feeling the same. He wanted to lighten the mood but obviously, it wasn't going very well.

"Daddy don't die!" Youngie shouted, hugging him, almost bursting into tears.

"Shh~" Jieun carried her and comforted her.

"Don't scare them!" She shot Daehyun a look. 

"Sorry..." He apologized.

The Jung family made their way to the hospital. The car was quiet. 

At first, Daehyun didn't want the kids to follow fearing that he would hurt them but it seemed like the kids knew something was on and Jieun didn't want to hide it from them. Who knows, it may be even harder to get the words out when the kids ask about it in future.

They sat and waited for their turn to visit the doctor.

Eunyoung then climbed onto Daehyun's legs.

"Youngie, Daddy's not your playground." Daehyun said, helping her up and making her feel comfortable on his lap.

"Daddy. LOVE YOU!" She shouted and gave Daehyun a big wet kiss on his cheek. The other families were looking at them but Daehyun couldn't be bothered. He was proud actually, the fact that his baby girl did that in front of so many people.

"Daddy loves you too, Sweetie." He said, kissing her and not even bothering to wipe her saliva off his cheek.

"You'll be okay..." Jieun held onto Daehyun's hands, giving him the assurance even though she wasn't sure of the outcome.

"Daddy go!" Baekhyun smiled as he pumped his fist in the air, cheering for him. Daehyun felt so damn lucky he has his family with him.

Soon, it was the time they were all waiting for, his queue number was shown on the LED screen and it was his turn to visit the doctor. His little family followed him in to give him the strength.

They greeted the doctor.

"Kids, behave. Sit here and don't run about okay?" Jieun said as she placed her babies on the bed like thing in the room.

"Doctor, is he okay?" Jieun asked.

"I-" He wanted to say something but Daehyun interrupted.

"Doctor is it something bad? Just tell me. I'll be able to handle it." Daehyun said.

"Okay... Actually... I'm sorry..." Doctor Lay said.

"Sorry? What do you mean by sorry?!" Jieun flared while Daehyun sunk deeper into the chair, if it was even possible.

"No no, sorry.. I didn't mean to scare you. Daehyun sshi is okay." The doctor said.

"Okay?! Okay as in?" Daehyun asked.

"You're perfectly normal and healthy. No cancer." He said.

"REALLY?! But how?" He asked.

"Actually, it's my fault. I'm sorry.. The previous time, I mixed up your files with another patient. My korean is not very good you see. I sincerely apologize for my carelessness." The doctor did a 90 degree bow. 

"Really?! He's healthy!? He's cancer free?!" Jieun asked excitedly.

"Yes. Congratulations!" The doctor smiled.

"I don't understand... Why was my nose bleeding then?" Daehyun asked.

"It was probably because of heatiness. Nothing big to worry about as it is only a one time thing." The doctor smiled again.

"So I'm really fine?" Daehyun asked.

"Yes." Doctor Lay said.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH DOCTOR!!" Daehyun shook the doctor's hand violently, too happy about the news. 

He had all the rights to sue the hospital but he decided not to, afterall, he is well.

"Babies, Daddy is okay!" Daehyun said as he went to hug and carry his kids.

"Yay!!!" They screamed in joy.

"Thank you doctor! Let's go!" Daehyun said happily as he led his family out.

"Babies, let's go out to celebrate!" Daehyun said, still carrying the both of them. They blabbered about what they wanted to eat and they were attracting a lot of attention from other patients but they were too happy to care about what other people think. While the three of them talked, Jieun was following them behind, not saying a word.

Daehyun started driving to a restaurant to eat their fill .

"Why are you so quiet?" Daehyun asked Jieun.

"Hand." She replied.

"Huh?" He asked, confused.

"Give me your hand." Jieun said. Daehyun stretched his hand towards her.

"OWWW!! What did I do?!" He asked when Jieun bit his forearm.

"Why did you scare me like that?! Do you know how difficult for me to fall asleep at night because I was worrying about you?!" She shouted as she squished his cheeks between her palms. She was actually very relieved her love was okay. She just needed to take little revenge on him for treating her the way he had.

"Oww oww oww!!" He yelled in pain when she pulled his ears. The kids were actually laughing at their Daddy because he sounded hilarious.

"Don't ever do that again!!" She frowned. 

"Okay. Sorry Darling..." He gave her a kiss on her lips. She then stretched out to hug him. 

"I'm so glad you're healthy..." She said. Bipolar much? Daehyun was confused at her sudden change of attitude but he was probably used to it.

"Yah kids! No yummy food for you both! How dare you laugh at Daddy!" Daehyun scolded playfully. 

"Mommy!!!!" They 'complained'. 

"Okay okay, you three are the boss okay?" Daehyun surrendered. 

Finally, genuine laughter was heard.

 

 

I trolled you guys right? haha~ sorry. No, not sorry. Isn't it better this way? hahaha~ Again, I feel like this chapter is not up to expectations. :(

Featured Lay because of popularity. hahaha~ I can totally imagine a blur Lay as a doctor. hahaha. 

Do you guys want the story to end here or have one more scene? I planned it in my head but I'm not sure how it will turn out...