Father - Daughter Time

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

"Daddyyyy...." I heard someone called me when I'm asleep. I opened my eyes and my baby girl was pouting at me, hugging her piglet.

"Yes baby?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Cannot sleep...." She looked so sad. I looked at the time, it was one in the morning.

"Why not?" I asked as I sat up and put her on my lap. She shrugged her shoulders.

"Sleep with Daddy?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Darling? What's going on?" Jieun muttered sleepily.

"Youngie can't sleep... Don't worry, I'll settle her. Go sleep..." I said as I kissed Jieun on her forehead.

"You don't want to sleep? Then let's go out. Don't disturb Mommy." I said as I carried her out of my room.

"Shall we watch tv till Youngie is tired?" I asked her. Usually I wouldn't allow her to stay up till this late but she looked very uncomfortable being unable to sleep. She said nothing but snuggled up to my neck. I brought her down and to a kids channel.

She wasn't watching tv though. She was sitting beside me, leaning on me, pinching my skin. I thought she would be entertaining herself while doing that but she was frowning instead.

"What's wrong Princess?" I asked as I brushed my thumb over her frown. I know something was wrong but I didn't know what. 

"Daddy..." She hugged me and her tears started flowing. 

"Baby girl? What happened? Don't scare Daddy like that. Did someone bully you in school? Hmmm? You've got to let Daddy know or Daddy won't be able to help you." I said as I patted her. Her cries were so painful to hear. No matter how I coaxed or comforted her, she wouldn't tell me the reason. I didn't say anything and just allowed her to cry, hoping she would feel better after crying.

"Baby are you okay? Tell Daddy what happened? Why did you cry like that? It hurts Daddy alot." I said as I carried her and walked around the house.

"Daddy don't leave..." She sobbed as she hugged my neck.

"Leave? Daddy isn't going anywhere Sweetie." I caressed her hair.

"Daddy don't want Youngie..." She mumbled.

"Who said that?" I asked. 

"Daddy..." She looked at me with her teary eyes.

"I said that?" I asked.

"Daddy said Daddy will forget Youngie. Daddy don't forget Youngie! Youngie will miss Daddy." She cried again. Has she gotten her stuff mixed up? I said that a few weeks back without even meaning it. Was she that affected by it?

"Silly girl. That was a long time ago. Daddy didn't mean it. How can Daddy forget his little precious princess?" I said, wiping her tears with my free hand.

"Really?" She asked.

"Really. See? Daddy has Youngie everywhere. How can Daddy forget you so easily?" I said as I pointed to the pictures of her around the house. I showed her my phone and my wallet as well. She was hugging the picture in my wallet.

"Silly baby." I said as I gave her a kiss. I didn't know she was this insecure. Poor baby...

"Finally smiling?" I asked as I poked her cheek lightly. She got shy and hid her face.

"Shall we go out? How about Daddy bring Youngie out for ice cream?" I asked. I know it's late but I guess it would cheer her up.

"Will Mommy scold?" She asked though I could tell she was getting excited.

"Of course not. Why would she? I'll just leave a note that we are out." I said. She beamed and nodded her head excitedly.

"Okay done! Baby, come down first. Let Daddy wear a shirt first." I said.

"No!" She laughed and hugged me tighter.

"You want Daddy to go out topless?" I asked. 

"Yes!" She said.

"You cheeky girl! Mommy will scold!" I poked her nose lightly. I then let her down and wore something decent.

"Let's go." I whispered as I held her hand.

I brought her to the shop where I first fed her ice cream. How funny, that time, she was the one cheering me up and now, it's the other way round.

I ordered the three scoops for her since she wanted three flavours.

I told her about that time and she was really excited about her past.

"That time, it was Daddy's birthday. Daddy was sad so Daddy brought Youngie out. You were this small then!" I said as I showed her how small she was with my arms.

"Youngie so tiny!" She laughed as she ate her ice cream. was covered with ice cream but she couldn't be bothered.

"Aigoo, my messy baby." I said as I wiped her lips. She smiled at me and continued to eat.

"Baby." I called her. She looked at me with huge eyes.

"Did you think of Daddy when you were at Seungho Ahjusshi's house?" I asked. It was a question I was dying to know.

"Youngie missed Daddy a lot!" She said. I smiled and ruffled her hair. Thank you Sweetheart, for even thinking of me even though I was an towards you.

"Daddy did you think of Youngie?" She asked.

"Yes, Daddy thought of Youngie, Mommy and Baekie a lot too." I said as I patted her cheek.

"Daddy eat!" She said as she pushed the bowl of ice cream to me. I knew she couldn't finish but I like seeing her eat so happily that's why I ordered three scoops for her. Of course, I wouldn't mind finishing them for her.

"Was baby a good girl at Ahjusshi's house then?" I asked. Knowing her...

"Yes!" She smiled.

"Youngie shared toys with Oppa. Youngie didn't fight with Oppa." She told me. 

"Really? That's my girl." I said as I fed her small mouthfuls. Even though she was full, she still opened for ice cream. We finished the ice cream together.

"Let's buy some for Mommy and Oppa." I said as I allowed her to choose the flavours. 

"Can we go home now?" I asked her. She shook her head but yawned at the same time.

"You're sleepy already!" I pinched her cheek while she smiled.

"Daddy piggyback." She said or more like demanded.

"Say 'please'." I said.

"Please Daddy!" She replied. I gladly carried her. She blabbered till she fell asleep on my back.

"Baby girl, wakey... We're home." I said as I waned to put her on her bed.

"Nooo~ Sleep with Daddy." She slurred. 

I brought her into my room and placed her in between Jieun and I.

I looked at her while she slept. I miss spending time with her, just us two when she talked, blabbered and just being cute. I'm glad she came to me when she couldn't sleep, at least we had our time together. Come to think of it, I was so stupid pushing them away. I should have treasured my time with them. I wasted so much time doing useless stuff when I could have brought them out to shop, eat or play. I'm happy that my girl opened up to me and shared with me what she feels. At least she's not avoiding me or anything like that. I know this small trip can't make up how much I hurt you nor can it make up the times I miss spending with you but at least we did something together. Sleep well my baby princess. Daddy loves you. I gave her a kiss and hugged her to sleep.

 

Finally an update! I'm so sorry for the super late update because I was absolutely clueless on how to continue! I had to sit and force something out for this chapter. Hope you like it even though it's nothing much. Hate it when I'm on writer's block. :(