Frustrated

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

The next few days we were having cold war. None of us contacted each other. I don't see why I have to give in when it's obviously her fault.

"Boss, Miss Yang is here." Yoori said to me when she entered my office. I was busy preparing the documents to meet one of my potential partners later.

"Thanks. I'll be out in awhile. Get her something to drink or eat. I still have to settle some stuff." I said. She nodded and went out.

"Daehyunnie?" there was a knock on my door. Shoot! I was too absorbed in organising the files, I totally forgot that I had her waiting outside.

"Come in." I said. When she entered, she was pouting. I looked at her.

"Sorry..." She muttered.

"For?" I asked, getting up from my seat, approaching her, my heart softened seeing her pitiful face.

"That day. I shouldn't have argued with you, you were tired and all..." She pouted even more if that was even possible. 

"It's fine. I shouldn't have shouted at you as well." I pinched her cheeks.

"So are we good?" She asked.

"I don't know. Are you gonna be good?" I asked. She nodded. How cute~

"Then we're good." I kissed her lips.

"Then come with me! I saw something really nice and it suits you really well!" She said. I thought she just apologized? 

"Is this your motive?" I asked.

"Motive to do what?" She asked, clueless.

"To apologize to me just to find someone to go shopping with you?" I asked.

"No! I really meant to get that for you! I just wanted to see if you'll like it! Please! We haven't seen each other for awhile too." She said. 

"I would love to but I'm meet a potential partner later. Can we go tomorrow?" I asked.

"No~ What if someone buys it? It's limited edition!" She said.

"Then it's fated that it does not belong to me." I said.

"Nooo... We can change fate! Come on! Please Daehyunnieeee!" She whined.

"I really can't." I said.

"Just awhile! I'll promise you'll get back here on time to meet your potential partner." She persuaded. I thought for awhile.

"Awww please???" She asked again.

"Okay okay but you have to assure me I'll get back here on time." I said. I admit, I'm just that softhearted when it comes to her.

"Yes! No worries!!" She smiled.

"Let's go!" She dragged me by my arms as I gladly allowed her to drag me.

When we arrived at the shop, I was a little taken aback. She wanted me to see just a lmited edition watch? Seriously?

"So do you like it? I think it suits you pretty well!" She said as the salesperson tried on the watch on me.

"Why couldn't you just buy the watch instead of having me to come down just to try it?" I asked, a little pissed off. She looked down and did not say anything.

"I'm still waiting. I don't think it's just buying a watch." I replied when she did not give me an answer.

"I just wanted you to spend time with me..." She muttered. If we were not in public, I would have flared. I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself down. I did not want to make a scene.

"Since when did I not accompany you when you asked? Why can't you ask me? I would have gladly make arrangements and go on a date with you if you want." I let out a frustrated sigh.

"How would I know?" She asked.

"Why didn't you try asking me first instead of coming up with such methods?" I asked.

"Fine, Will you spend time with me today?" She asked. 

"I can't and I told you already. I can arrange for another day." I said, trying to be reasonable. My patience was wearing thin.

"See? You're just gonna say no. I wasn't wrong." She argued.

"Look , be understanding. I said I'll make arrangements. Be a good girl okay? I'm already very tired to be having arguments with you." I said, messing my hair in frustration.

"What happened to me taking a bigger place in your heart than the restaurant?!" She raised her voice. Luckily, I had dragged her to somewhere less crowded if not I'm sure we would be the center of attention.

"Don't be unreasonable! I told you beforehand that I was meeting someone." I said, turning away from her. I was trying my best not to lay a finger on her. I cannot tolerate her behaviour.

"What unreasonable?! You're the unreasonable one with broken promises!" She grabbed my shoulder and forced me to face her.

"I did not break anything. I mean it, don't create a scene here. I'm running late. I have no time for such petty quarrels. You have two options. One, come back to the restaurant with me or two, shop by yourself and I'll join you later. I'm already making a compromise. Don't push it." I said flaring up. I have been very nice towards her. I tolorated with her spoilt brat attitude, I have my limits too.

"No! Why is everything about you? Why must you make me choose?! I want you to shop with me now!" She said.

"Dammit! Stop being such a spoilt brat! What the hell has gotten into you?! All you think of is shopping and more shopping! Forget it, you want to shop, you stay. I'm going." I turned and walked off but before I could go any further. she grabbed my arms.

"You're shopping with me." She glared at me.

"You're unreasonable!" I swing my hand roughly to get her grip off me and walked away.

Great, how am I supposed to travel back in 10 minutes?

I quickly flagged for a cab and headed back to the restaurant.

"Boss where did you go? That fellow left already!" Yoori said.

"What?! Where did he go?" I asked in panic.

"I'm not sure. He left about five minutes ago." She said. All the cuss words were flowing in my mind. Without a word, I went back to my office.

"Dammit! What the hell has gotten into her?!" I banged my fists on my working table. I'm so bloody frustrated and pissed off now.

Sorry about just now... I'll be at our house. She texted. 

Somehow, I did not want to head home just yet. Let me just have some peace and quiet. She is really driving me crazy.

I went out of my room and took the cans of alcohol. She's been giving me too much stress.

"Boss are you okay?" I turned around and saw Yoori standing behind me. I motioned her to take a seat.

"You looked really troubled these few days. Is anything wrong?" She asked. Was there anything wrong? There definitely was.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to probe." She said probably because I did not reply. I shook my head and smile telling her that it was fine.

"I'm not being nosy but if you would like to share, I would be glad to lend a listening ear." She said. 

"I don't know what has gotten into her. One minute she's all cute, nice and the old Jieun then the next, she turns into a spoilt brat. Is she bipolar or something? Everything is about her now. I tried to give in to her. I really tried. But why must she take things to this extent and hurt me with her words?" I said as I drank. I'm not sure if I knew what I was saying.

"She no longer cared whether my words mattered. Can't she just be someone sweet?" I asked.

"Maybe she's going through a rough patch of her life? Give her a little more time, give the both of you a little more time." She said. 

Rough patch? Ya right. She's out there enjoying her life. What rough patch? I did not want to spill out too much though.

"Thank you. If only she was like her past or half as caring as you. What happened to her..." I mumbled as I held my forehead.

"It's fine, things will get better, look on the bright side." She cheered me up.

"Thanks." I said, not sure if I believed in it.

"Oh my, it's late already, she my get worried. Is your boyfriend coming?" I asked. She shooked her head.

"Oh then let's close up. I'll drive you back." I said.

"No no, I shouldn't bother you." Yoori said.

"It's not bothering, it's along the way anyway and you comforted me, just my way of thanking you." I said as I locked the doors.

I went to take my car and fetched her in front of the restaurant. We had small talks and stuff. She told me a little about her and her boyfriend, they sound like a sweet couple. She does so much for him. What about Jieun? She just demands me of my time.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Bye. Rest well." I said as she dropped off. 

I then drove back home.

"You're home at last! I got worried!" Jieun said as she helped me.

"What took you so long? You drank?" She asked. I nodded.''

"Can't you be a little more caring like her?" I blabbered.

"Like who?" I think heard her say. 

"Yoo..." I guessed I fell asleep.

 

Hahaha~ You may hate Jieun, just don't hate me. hee~ 

I'm really happy with the amount of comments for the past two chapters! Thank you for reading and commenting!! I know I say this a lot but I really mean it and appreciate everyone's comments and time taken to read this~ ^^