Fists

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"Where the hell did you go?!" I shouted at Daehyun the moment he opened the door to our house. I waited and waited, too pissed to even doze off and he only appears at one in the morning?!

"Oh hi babe, I'm so tired... I had meetings and had to entertain clients the entire day and there was this foreign client I was making a deal with, to expand over to Japan. Why? Oh, it's late. Let's go to bed."

He simply said and allowing his entire weight to rest on me. Ew! He reeked of alcohol! I could not control my anger, I slapped him.

"YAH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" He glared at me.

"I TOLD YOU WEEKS AGO THAT THE KIDS WERE HAVING THEIR PLAY TODAY! YOU EVEN PROMISED TO ATTEND AND WHERE DID YOU GO?! ENTERTAIN CLIENTS?!" I shouted.

"WHAT'S WRONG! IT'S ONLY A PLAY! I CAN ALWAYS WATCH THEIR NEXT ONE. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY MILLIONS I WOULD HAVE LOST IF I ATTENDED THEIR PLAY?! YOU WOULDN'T EVEN BE ABLE TO COUNT! So I missed a play. What's the big deal? I can always attend the next one." Daehyun shouted back. What is this?! Is he putting money and business over family?

"Then you shouldn't have promised them that you'll attending!" I argued.

"I didn't promise them, you did." He said like it meant nothing to him.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"What kind of question is that?" he asked.

"Money over us? Seriously?"

"Why are you making such a big fuss about it?! Yes, I did miss their play. I can always apologize to the kids. I'm sure they'll understand. But my clients are big shots! You think they will wait another day for me? It's millions, not hundreds." He said.

"But it's their first play! Do you even know how important it is to the kids for us to be there for them? I felt so hurt when they were looking around for you BUT YOU WERE NOWHERE IN SIGHT! What's the point of carrying your phone around when you can't even make a simple call or even pick up your phone when I called?!" I pushed him.

"ENOUGH! IT'S ALREADY OVER! I SAID I WAS ATTENDING MEETINGS! OF COURSE MY PHONE WAS ON SILENT! WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? APOLOGIZE? FINE, I WILL DO IT NOW!" He shouted, stomping up to the kids' room but I stopped him.

"What's wrong with you? Are you crazy? They're asleep!" I pulled his arm.

"Then what do you want me to do?! Stop behaving like a crazy woman! I'm tired!" He roughly pushed my arms away and headed to our room. I could not be bothered anymore. He took his pillows and headed down, sleeping on the couch.

The next morning I woke up, he was already not home. Yeah right, apologize to the kids when you're not even home. The kids seemed to have forgotten about what happened and the day went by as normal. I don't know if they forgot or they chose to forget. I believe they forgot about it. Kids are not as complicated as Daehyun's mind...

 

"Jung Eunyoung!!" I heard the front door opened and Daehyun's voice was booming. I came out to see what was going on. From Daehyun's voice, I could tell it was not something very positive.

"Daddy!!" She ran towards him happily, not knowing the reason for him coming home at this time of the day. 

"What did you do in school?!" Daehyun shouted at her, grabbing her arm. She kept quiet. Youngie is usually quite vocal. The fact that she kept quiet scared me. 

"ANSWER ME!" He shouted, shaking her. I got a shock. I immediately ran and split the both of them up.

"You're hurting her!" I shouted at Daehyun. 

"You ask her! Just ask her what did she do! Her teacher called me!" He pointed at Youngie. So that missed call on my phone was from her teacher?

"Youngie what did you do?" I asked nicely. She still wasn't talking, she just shook her head.

"ARE YOU JUST GOING TO KEEP QUIET?!" Daehyun scolded.

"Can you stop shouting at her?! She's just a kid!" I sided Youngie not approving the way Daehyun was talking to or rather yelling at her.

"She is obviously in the wrong her and you're still siding her?! No wonder she's spoilt!" He shouted at me. Youngie started crying. 

"I haven't even do anything and you're crying?!" He said as he grabbed Youngie by her arm again. 

"Daddy..." Baekie suddenly appeared.

"Go to your room." I said. He pouted and walked away.

"What did she do?! Must you be this harsh?!" I asked, pulling her away from Daehyun.

"She punched another student on his back! Did you or did you not?!" Daehyun asked her. She hid behind me. I was shocked. Youngie? Hitting others?!

"Baby did you do that?" I asked. She did not say anything nor did she deny. 

"Youngie, how many times have I told you not to use your fist on others?" I scolded, of course, not as fiercely as Daehyun.

"You think talking to her like that will be of use? She will listen?! You spoil her too much! Come here!" Daehyun grabbed her.

"Don't you dare interfere! You cannot go soft on her! She has to learn her lesson!" Daehyun said. Somehow, I had to agree with him.

"But Daddy-" Youngie sulked but Daehyun cut her off.

"I don't want to hear any excuses." He said as he pulled her towards the table.

"Kneel!" Daehyun said. She looked confused for a moment and then shook her head.

"I'm counting to three. One. Two.-" Before Daehyun could reach three, she was on her knees. Daehyun then left and came back with a cane. Since when did we own a cane at home?! I agreed that she needs to learn but with a cane?!

"What are you going to do to her?!" I asked. 

"Teaching her right and wrong. I said don't interfere." He growled.

"But with a cane?!" I asked.

"If not what?! She's getting from bad to worst!" He shouted back. I got a shock.

" off!" He shouted as he landed the first cane on her hand. It wasn't too hard, it was hard enough to have her feel the pain.

"Daddy!" She yelled, tears flowing.

"No noise!" He scolded. Youngie was afraid of him. She kept quiet.

"I want you to write 'I will not fight' ten times before you can come out from that position. Your punishment! It seems like you need to learn the hard way." Daehyun said as he took a piece of paper and an pencil and placed it on the table. Youngie sobbed and wrote obediently. 

"Write properly!" Daehyun observed her while sitting on the couch. He landed another on her .

"What have you been teaching them at home?!" Daehyun suddenly questioned me. From the previous times Youngie used her fists was when she was irritated or was disturbed.

"I've told her it's wrong. You're not even doing your part as her father!" I argued.

"I'm doing it now can't you see?" He replied. Why is he so annoying?!!!! I have the urge to punch him but of course, I know better.

"Maybe she might have her reasons? Why can't you hear what she say?" I asked.

"Will it make a difference? It's a fact that she hit someone." He said.

"You're unreasonable. I can't be bothered with you. Baby girl let's go." I said, holding her hand.

"No! See what you're doing?! You're spoiling her again! She needs to know that she's in the wrong!" Daehyun said as he pulled her back to her knees.

"I think she already knows she's in the wrong." I hissed.

"Eunyoung I said complete your lines. You want the cane?!" Daehyun asked as he scared her by putting the cane by her side. She shook her head, wiping her tears with her forearm.

"YOU'RE MAD!" I shouted. He ignored me. I stood nearby just in case he goes really crazy.

"Done?!" Daehyun asked. She nodded.

"Give it to me." He held his arm out and Youngie placed the piece of paper in his palm.

"Don't ever do that again do you understand?!" Daehyun pointed the cane at her. She nodded.

"Go to your room." He said and walked away. What?!

"Mommy...." She came sobbing towards me and showed me her palm. Thankfully, there was no marks on her hand.

"What happened in school?" I asked, wanting to know her side of the story not like Daehyun who can't even be bothered to hear his own daughter.

"Youngie didn't start." She said softly. I knew it. The kid must have provoked her for her to use her fist. Though she was in the wrong, I know she doesn't really express herself well.

"Then?" I asked, carrying her and placing her on my lap.

"Daddy didn't come for the play. He laughed at me. Youngie has Daddy but he said Youngie doesn't have Daddy and that no one loves Youngie. But Mommy and Daddy said they love Youngie. Youngie got angry and hit him." She cried while explaining to me. Poor girl. What is wrong with Daehyun?! He should have listened to her side! He is the cause of her using her hands!

"But Mommy told you many times its wrong to use violence. Why didn't you tell your teacher?" I asked.

"Teacher wasn't there! He kept laughing at Youngie!" She cried. I hugged her. I'm sure she knows she's in the wrong but how mean are those kids!? Telling her that she doesn't have a father! 

"Come, Mommy will get you ice cream." I said as I held her hands but she stopped me.

"Daddy said Youngie needs to go to my room. No ice cream for Youngie." She sulked. I pinched her cheeks lightly. See Daehyun?! Why are you so harsh on her?! She's a good girl.

"Baekie! Come out!" I shouted for him.

"Yes Mommy?" He asked, sounding afraid.

"Let's go out." I said.

"Then Daddy?" Youngie asked as she tugged on my hand.

"Don't bother about him." I said as I held the both of their hands and brought them out to the nearby dessert shop. Where did the reasonable Daddy go to? He couldn't make it for the play but he could make a trip home just to punish her?! Is his brain working!?

 

Oops... hahaha~ Screwed Daehyun. He's a badman~