Fired

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

"Oppa~!!!!" The most melodious voice called out while I was heading to my office. I turned around and got a little shocked, her face was right in front of mine.

"Hello Princess~" I pecked her lips. We then realised that people were staring, not that I cared anyway.

"Hello Joonie Hyung." I said, sounding a little different from when I called Jieun. It's been almost a month! Does she still need a bodyguard?!

"Hey~ I guess I'll get going, I'm meeting the rest. Bye Daehyun, Jieunnie~ See you tomorrow." Hyung smiled as he left.

"Come." I said as I held her hand and brought her into my room. I made her sit on the mini couch in my room.

"Is everything okay?" She asked as I rolled my roller chair towards her, facing her.

"Answer me truthfully." I said. She gave me a confused look.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" I asked. She shook her head.

"You sure you're not lying? You know I'll be able to find out." I said.

"Really, I'm not hurt. Nothing happened after that day." She replied.

"Really?" I asked for confirmation.

"Really. After that day how am I still able to keep things from you?" Her right hand cupped my left cheek.

"Okay. Good. You better don't keep anything from me. I'll be hurt." I said. She just smiled.

"Now that you're not hurt, Joonie Hyung does not need to be your bodyguard anymore." I said. She gave me a cheeky look.

"Ah~ So that's the main topic. You're jealous?" She smirked. 

"I'm not. I just don't see why he should follow you around when no one is gonna harm you. Even if anything happens, shouldn't I be the one protecting you?" I said all reasons to hide the fact. I'm mad jealous that Joonie Hyung is probably spending more time with her than I am.

"But I like his company!" She said. I know she was joking but I still don't like it. I glared at her.

"Ah. Just admit, you're jealous right?" She pinched my cheeks, shaking my head from side to side.

"Fine, I admit okay? I'm so damn jealous! How can my girlfriend spend more time with another guy other than her own boyfriend or brother?!" I ended telling the truth.

"Aww but his my brother too~" She played with her fingers.

"Yang Jieun." I said firmly.

"Okay okay! Just teasing! Relax! I don't want to bother him too much too. He should also have his own life and not just follow me around. I'll bring this up to oppa okay?" She said. I gave her a look. I want her to get it settled.

"Okay, I'll fire him as my bodyguard okay? Happy now? Gosh I feel so blessed having someone feeling jealous over me." She laughed while she played with her phone. This girl will be the death of me.

"Oh! Are you hungry? I bought macarons for you! " She then dug her bag for them. My eyes brighten up at the sight of 12 colourful sugar things. She really know how to spoil me.

"Ah ah. See your face. Poor boy. You open a restaurant but you seem deprived of food. Are you starving yourself here?" she asked as she pulled me to sit with her.

"Er... No? I was waiting for you to bring me food!" I lied.

"Ya right, I bet you forgot to eat because you were too busy!" She frowned. She was spot on, I barely had time to. I chewed on the macaron.

"Tsk! Can you please make time to eat? For someone who eats like five meals a day to skipping at least 2, how can you survive? Forever nagging at me to eat but you don't do the same!" She nagged and flicked my forehead. I pouted.

"It's because I know you will feed me!" I replied. Honestly, I find her charming when she nags like a mum. It's like I know she'll be a good mommy. I smiled at the thought of it.

"Then what if I don't appear? You're just gonna conveniently forget your meals?" She narrowed her gaze.

"WHAT? WHERE ARE GOING? WHY WON'T YOU APPEAR?!" I yelled, scaring her. I did it on purpose though. Hee~

"Shh. You scared me with your sudden loudness. I just said what if?" She said.

"Then I guess I'll just have to starve~" I faked a pitiful face. I feel like laughing at our conversation.

"Fine then you shall just starve." She smiled.

"Awww nooooo, you wouldn't let me starve. You know why?" I said as I fed her the macaron.

"Why?" She asked with full.

"Because you love me!" I said like it was the most obvious answer.

"EAT!" She said as she stuffed the whole macaron into my mouth. I guess she was shy but what is there to be shy about? I pretended to choke.

"Sorry sorry!! Eat slowly!" She said as she patted my back. I stole a kiss from her. 

"Yah! You tricked me! That's it! You eat by yourself! I'm not feeding anymore!" She tried to be fierce but ended up smiling. Irony to her words, she did not stop feeding me.

Jieun's POV

We ended feeding each other as usual. I was leaning on his chest while his arm around my shoulders.

"Baby, aren't you tired?" I asked, looking at him.

"Tired of what? You? No, how can I be tired of you?" He replied. 

"You know what I mean." I gave him a look.

"I guess but I'm happy and I don't mind. As long as you're with me I'll not be tired." He ruffled my hair. I smiled at his sweet words.

"Why don't you get someone to help you to manage the restaurant? Then perhaps we can spend more time together?" I asked.

"Princess, do you know how difficult it is for me to hire someone to take care of the whole place? I would need someone trustworthy. It's not as easy as just picking any random applicant." He explained. That, I understand but when will he have time for me?

"Then can you at least try to look for one? I don't want us to drift apart. Now that you're so busy, I just can't help but feel that way." I replied, snuggling my face into his chest.. Call me sensitive or whatsoever, I just have a feeling we were not as close as before.

"Silly girl, no promises but I'll keep a look out for the potential ones okay? You know you can always find me. No matter how busy I am, I'll definitely have time for my girl." He replied.

We were talking until I was feeling sleepy.

"Take a nap first? I'll send you back later." He said as he made me comfortable on the couch. I wished he would accompany me but I knew better.

"I'll stay till you fall asleep?" He said, as though he could read my mind. I smiled and nodded eagerly. I can't help but feel that he would be a good daddy judging from how sweet and caring he is. 

I fell asleep not long after.

 

Sorry for not updating as frequent as before. I'll try to update as frequent as last time. These few chapters were more of like the 'gap-fillers', for me to link the story to the next part. I hope. To me it's kinda boring that's why I took a longer time~ awww... to make up, here are some really cute pictures of Daehyun I found online.

You! Thank you for reading and sticking by! I'm always thankful to all my readers and those that comment! Thank you to all the lovely comments! Oh, to reply to some of the comments, Baekhyun will not be appearing so early~ I hope I won't disappoint you with his character~ 
I think more angst is coming up? Hopefully I'll be motivated to write and since I've mentioned about abuse scenes in the Foreword, there will be more but in the later part of the story~

Hope you enjoyed this chapter as well, or not~ 

 

SHINee Why So Serious comeback! They're awesome! (Don't wanna spazz too much since this is a Daehyun fic. hehe~) I think I blabbered too much. Hee~