Triathlon

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

I was a little surprised but very happy that she called me after what happened yesterday. I'm happy because she was the one who decided to meet up. I really wished to spend time with her today. I don't want to repeat the same mistake again by not thinking for her and neglecting her. I want to spend my day with her today but something really serious happened in the restaurant. One of my staff were suspected of stealing from one of the customers. I was investigating when my girl came. I headed over to her when I was done talking to them.

She baked cheesecake for me! How sweet of her! I miss her food very much. Ever since that incident, I never got to eat her food again, until today. I guess we're really on good terms now and she's accepting me more and more as she even bothered to bake an entire cake for me.

I told her to wait for me in my room instead so that I would be able to conduct the search without distraction. Don't get me wrong, I love this distraction of mine but this is serious and I have got to focus. I wanted to do this fast so that I wouldn't leave her alone for too long.

When we finally found the culprit and stuff, the sun had already set and it was already time for dinner.

I entered the room and I saw her sleeping soundly with her head rested on my table and a photo of us in her hands. I felt super bad that I made her wait so long. She already put in effort to head down to accompany and I left her here, alone for so long that she had fallen asleep. 

I thought she would get angry when I took this long but I was wrong. Her spoilt brat attitude was gone. There was not a single bit left in her. How could she change this much? Was it because of me? I hope so.

I wanted to bring her out to eat but she did not want to since I was tired. Why is she such a sweetie? After dinner we headed to her house. I didn't dare invite myself in because I was afraid I would be taking things to fast and she might not like it. But what surprised me was that she invited me in. It was like today she was taking all the initiative.

In the past, I would have found eating and chilling on the couch something very common and small, like it was nothing much. Only when I have not done it for about three months I then realised how much I miss these simple moments, even just sitting beside her and I'm glad I'm able to do it again.

It was getting late and I needed to get back home. We said our goodbyes and just as I was about to leave, I felt a pull on my hand and before I knew it, I felt her soft lips on mine. This feeling is just wow... I was shocked. Just yesterday she avoided my lips and today she's willing to touch my lips again? I miss her lips on mine. I'm so happy that she did not bother about the past anymore that happy tears flowed down my face. My princess is back.

 

 

It was the weekends and she came over to my place. I always felt this house was too empty and cold without her around. We were resting on my couch, sitting beside each other.

"Ahhhh so boreddddd!!!!" She yelled as she played with my hair. She ended pulling them.

"Owww!! You're bored but don't use that as an excuse to abuse me!" I tried to pry her hands away from my hair. She stuck out her tongue and released her grip around my strands of hair.

"Crazy girl." I teased.

"Find something to do!" She pushed me on my arm.

"You violent thing!" I sat back up.

"I KNOW!" She shouted, startling me.

"Know what? That you're violent?" I asked.

"No! Tsk! Let's have a competition. A triathlon kind of competition!" She said. 

"Uh-huh... What are we gonna compete?" I asked, interested in her suggestion.

"Three rounds. Since you like cheesecake so much, let's bake cheesecake. The first round, we shop for the ingredients. The second round, we bake the actual cheesecake then the last round, we'll eat each other's cheesecakes." She explained. Weird game but I'm on since it involved cheesecake. Anything with food I'm on. So sweet of her for thinking for me.

"I'm on!" I said.

"The rules... We have to play it fair. The cake has to be of a reasonable size. No cheating. No stealing each other's ingredients or hiding them or whatsoever. I know you too well. You're gonna play cheat!" She said. 

"Yah!" I laughed. I wasn't planning to do that though but she did sound like it was something I would do.

"Agree first!" She said as she squeezed my cheeks.

"Okay okay!" I said in a weird voice.

"Another one... we cannot make cheesecake that does not taste good just to sabotage each other. The cheesecake must be yummy and since we ate each other's cheesecakes before, we would know." She said.

"I would never do that." I said seriously. It is just wrong. 

"I know. But I might." She smiled.

"You wouldn't." I said.

"Yeah~ I wouldn't." This girl...

"We'll compete in terms of speed. The fastest to get all the ingredients, the fastest to get the final cheesecake out of the oven and the fastest to eat the entire cake." She said. Sounds good to me. I eat like a speed of light when it comes to things like this.

"Set! Get ready to lose princess." I said.

"Pfft. So full of yourself. Oh yes! Punishment! The winner must win at least two of three of the tasks. There won't be a tie. The loser... Has to do one thing that the winner wants. And the loser has to pay for all the stuff we bought today." She explained. She sound like a professional. It seemed like she's taking this seriously.

"Why are you planning your punishment?" I asked cheekily.

"Just you wait! I'll laugh when you lose!" She said.

"Ya ya~ Come let's go to the mart!" I said as I went to grab my car keys.

When we reached the entrance of the mart, we each grabbed a trolley.

"The first to reach back to the car wins this round! Ready, set, GO!' She shouted as she sprinted off. This girl.

I went to grab whatever I needed but I was running all over the place. It's been super long since I've baked cheesecake and I was afraid that I would not be able to get all the necessary ingredients. This girl of mine! Taking advantage of me! I went to find her and see what was in her cart, just in case. 

"What are you doing?!" She said. It was funny how we both were playing like this was our playground.

"Nothing!" I said as I mentally remembered what were in her cart.

"Cheater!" She said as she pointed her pointer finger at me.

"I didn't! You didn't say I couldn't have reference! Bye!" I patted her head and ran off. I went to grab whatever I could remember to. When I was sure I had all the ingredients, I headed to queue. What?! She was already paying for her ingredients?!

Jieun's POV

This silly boy. Why would I play something that I would lose? He only heard the cheesecake and he agreed immediately. I think he forgot that I was the one who did the grocery shopping when we stayed together. I knew where the products were located like the back of my hand. I was also the one who baked more than him. I bet all he heard was the last part, the eating part. Of course I had to have something he would win to cover up the fact that I would win. All I needed was to use something his ears, heart and stomach would fall for; cheesecake. Silly boy. So cute~

I was strolling back to the car while I saw Daehyun running a distance away from me. I sped up and reached the car earlier than him.

"Jieun - 1, Daehyun - 0" I announced proudly.

"Not fair! You knew the place so well!" Daehyun pouted.

"We're quits! You peeked into my cart." I smiled. He had nothing to say.

"Let's go back home for the second round!" I exclaimed while I entered the car, waiting for him to calm down before entering.

For once, I'm smarter than Daehyun. I smiled at my victory.

 

Double update after a long time! 

I didn't feel the need of writing the previous chapter in Daehyun's POV but since sseollri wanted it, I typed it. Hope it's okay.

I had fun typing this chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed it too!