Brave

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

I was up preparing breakfast for the both of them before they got up. Usually, even before I finish preparing breakfast, Eunyoung would already be awake watching her favourite cartoon programme but today, the house was rather quiet. I didn't put that in mind thinking that she was really sleepy after playing and giggling the whole of last night. She had fun playing in the bathtub, creating her own swimming pool. Missing one day of her cartoon to rest was definitely fine with me.

After I was done with preparing, laid our breakfast on the table and then went up to check on her. I opened her room door and saw her little body under her blanket.

"Morning Princess." Daehyun suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck.

"Morning Love, you scared me!" I whispered, not wanting to wake our baby up.

"She's still asleep?" Daehyun asked.

"I guess so." I replied.

"Then let her sleep. We can have our own time together, what do you think?" He said as he spun me around and started kissing me.

"What?! In the morning?! No~" I said.

"What? I meant breakfast. We could have our own time eating breakfast together. What do you think I was thinking?" He wriggled his eyebrows at me, giving me that silly smile of his.

"What?! I wasn't thinking of anything!" I said, walking away feeling embarrassed.

"Aish~ Who knew you were so dirty-minded." Daehyun said as he chased me.

"Shut up!" I playfully scolded him.

"Eat!" I said as I stuffed a piece of bread into his mouth.

"Can you be less violent? I think our baby got her violent genes from you, not from me." Daehyun laughed.. Why is he so annoying today?

"That's it! Eat by yourself!" I said to him as I fed myself with my sandwich. He took the remaining sandwich from my hand and put it into his mouth. Stealing my food!

"You want to create war early in the morning is it?" I asked frowning.

"No! Of course not!" He said as he pulled me closer to him.

"I want to feed you." He whispered to my ear, sending tinkles down my spine. We ended up eating our breakfast romantically, if that was even possible. 

"Why isn't Youngie up yet?" I asked.

"Maybe she's just tired? I'm here and instead of asking about me you're asking about my daughter... I'm not as important now as compared to her right? After all, she's your flesh and blood, I'm just some guy you married to. You can't wait to play with her? I'll go and check on her." Daehyun said, sounding sad. I was a little shock by his words. I wanted to say something sarcastic but I knew it wasn't the time.

He stood up but I held his hand, making him sit again.

"I.. I don't mean it like that. You're always important to me... You're not just some guy. You're the love of my life. I was just worried why hasn't she woke up yet." I replied, cupping his right cheek. He stared at me and then started laughing. I was confused.

"Oh man!! You should have seen your face! Sorry, I don't really mean what I say. I just wanted to see your expression. How could I be jealous of my own baby girl? I can't be more than happy that you're loving her so much. And awww, you're the love of my life too, so sweet~" Daehyun laughed. AGRHH THIS GUY!!

"JUNG DAEHYUN!!! I really thought you were jealous! Agrhhh!!!" I punched him.

"Owww..." He held onto his stomach.

"I'm not falling for it you conman!" I told him.

"It ... really hurts... Why did you use so much strength?" He frowned. Did I really hurt him?

"Yah... Are you okay? I... I didn't use a lot of strength..." I held his arm that was clutching his stomach.

He then stuck out his tongue. Good job Jieun, you fell for his pranks again.

"I can't believe you fell for it again!!" He laughed harder.

"Agrhh you stupid conartist!! Do that again and see what I will do!" I faced away from him, feeling a little annoyed but mostly embarrassed that I fell for it twice. Tsk!

"Awww but you love me. No matter how many times I do it you will still care for me." Daehyun whined as he swung my arm.

"Try it one more time. I dare you." I hissed.

"What? You'll still come and ask me what's wrong." He said cockily.

"Yes. You'll also see what I will do to your fridge." I smirked.

"What?! You wouldn't!!" He said.

"Try me." I threatened.

"Aww I love you!!!" He hugged and kissed me. I laughed at how silly he was. He was right, no matter how many times he tricks me, I would still ask if he's okay because I'm stupid like that. No. Because I care for him, that stupid conartist. What could I do to the fridge? Nothing. I still had to feed them. 

"But Princess, I'm getting worried too. It's been two hours. Let's go prank our little girl." He said with a smile on his face.  I'll make sure your girl tricks you instead.

Just as we were about to head to her room, we heard her crying. We looked at each other, shocked that she would cry. Afraid that it would be something serious, we both ran up to her room. Her cries sounded different. It wasn't the usual kind. It sounded... weak and painful.

"Baby?!" I called when I entered her room. 

"Mommy...." She cried. 

"My poor baby girl, what's wrong? Gosh! You're burning!" I said as I carried her in my arms.

"Pain...." She cried.

"Where sweetheart? Where hurts?" I asked while Daehyun placed his palm on her forehead.

"Here..." She pouted as she pointed to her head.

"She's really feverish. Pack her stuff. We'll go to the hospital." Daehyun said as he carried her from me. 

"Shhh... Daddy's here. It'll be alright." Daehyun coaxed her. 

I went to take the necessary stuff and followed behind Daehyun.

"Pass me the keys. I'll drive." I said when I say my baby girl clutching onto Daehyun's shirt.

"Daddy....." She called.

"Yes baby, don't worry. You'll be fine. Rest first okay." Daehyun patted her.

I kept glancing between the roads and her, feeling worried. It was very rare that Eunyoung was this quiet and weak ever since she could talk.

"Focus on driving!" Daehyun shouted, scaring me.

"I am focusing! Don't need to shout!" I replied.

"What speed is this?! Can't you drive a little faster?" He said impatiently. 

"What"! There are cars in front! What do you expect me to do?" I answered, feeling frustrated.

"Stop the car." He said.

"What for?" I asked.

"Stop! I'll take over. You carry her." He said. I got angry and stopped the car. He came out from the passenger seat and gave Eunyoung to me to carry before heading to the driver's seat. He made sure we were properly seated before he sped off.

"What speed were you driving at?! 30km/h?! Don't you know how dangerous it is when she has that high fever?!" He asked.

"I said there were cars in front! She's my child as well! Am I not worried?! I don't want her to end up like me too but what can I do?! Blame the bloody traffic!" I argued back. He said nothing but sped.

"Mommy...." She called me.

"Yes baby, we're reaching okay? Just a little while more." I wiped the beads of sweat on her forehead.

"Don't shout." She said simply. I said nothing.

We rushed to the hospital and seeing that we had a baby in my arms, the doctor attended to us.

He said she was running high fever and needed an injection. 

"I don't want... It's scary..." She pouted as she hugged me. Poor baby girl. I patted her back. The doctor came towards her and she started screaming. Her screams were weak and she looked so scared which broke my heart to watch her behaving like that.

"Sorry doctor, give me a moment with her." Daehyun said. The doctor nodded.

"Hey hey, Princess, listen to Daddy. Does Youngie want to play with Mommy and Daddy?" Daehyun asked as he wiped her forehead. She nodded slowly.

"Then does Youngie want to get well and go for rides?" He added.

"Yes..." She sobbed.

"Then Youngie has to be a good girl. It'll be done very quickly. You don't have to worry about anything. Mommy and Daddy are with you. You're our brave girl right?" Daehyun said somemore.

"It looks pain." She sulked. My tears were threatening to flow seeing her so sad and scared.

"Baby, Mommy and Daddy will be here with you. There's no need to be afraid. See how tiny it is? There's nothing to be afraid of." I coaxed her, patting her back while Daehyun signalled the doctor to proceed with the jab.

"Owww..." She cried when the doctor injected her.

"It's alright sweetie~ My baby girl is so brave!" I hugged her close to me.

"Since her fever is on the high side, she will have to stay a night for observation." The doctor said and Daehyun followed the nurse to proceed to do with the registration.

"I want ice cream..." She pouted at me. I smiled.

"Okay. Since my little princess is so brave, Mommy will get you a tub of ice cream how about that?" I said, ruffling her hair.

"Yay!" She brightened up.

"But only Youngie behaves for one more night and get well first." I said.

"Youngie is good girl!" She showed me a thumbs up sign.

"I'm sure she's a good girl~" I pinched her cheek.

"Does it still hurt?" I asked her. She shook her head. 

"Is my baby tired?" I asked. She nodded and snuggled against my chest, closing her eyes. I patted her lightly to sleep.

When Daehyun was done with the paperwork, I carried her to her ward and laid her on the bed. She was sound asleep.

Daehyun sat on the chair beside her. I walked out to take a breather.

"Princess." Daehyun called me.

"What?" I asked, still unhappy about him raising his voice during the car ride.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have shouted at you. I was just worried for her. I was afraid something bad might happen to her." He explained.  I softened. My behaviour wasn't exactly correct as well. Besides, we were both young parents who have not dealed with this before, it was actually quite reasonable I think. I would be worried if Daehyun didn't react that way.

"Forgive me okay?" Daehyun gave me a hug from the back.

"Forgiven~ But you owe me ice cream." I said.

"Sure~ Anything you want!" Daehyun pecked my jaw.

We went back to her ward and watch her sleep.

"So brave my little girl." I caressed her cheek.

"You know, she definitely follows your bad habits. She just asked me for ice cream when she's sick!" I told Daehyun.

"She's my baby! Of course she has my genes! And she's very brave and smart and good looking and-" I cut him off.

"Yeah yeah, going an entire round to praise yourself. So you~" I replied. He pinched my cheek and gave me a peck on my lips.

We both find her very cute to watch. The way she fidgets in her sleep and just her peaceful, angelic look when she sleeps. My baby~

That night, we accompanied her and she slept peacefully without any complications. 

 

Ahhh so long~ 

Actually, I'm not sure how much two year olds talk and behave. This is just my imagination. Like I said before, my fic is not scientifically proven or what sort. I try to do a little bit of research to make it more convincing but yeah... If it bothers you, just read and forget. haha~

Any SG babys going for their concert? I might have to go alone.... :(

Oh and I was thinking for quite some time, if I were to open one shot requests for my loyal readers, would you guys want it? Just a little gift for sticking with me and commenting, subscribing and stuff! Do let me know! I don't want to start and have no one requesting. hahaha~ I might start if I have enough people who are interested!