chapter 171

Lost In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On her way to the staircase, Jessica sees Baekhyun beside the vending machine. He sits on a bench and he seems lost in his thought. His face looks gloomy and miserable.

Jessica slowly approaches him and takes a sit beside him.

‘What are you doing here alone?’ she asked Baekhyun who is still oblivious of her presence.

‘Oh, noona! I don’t see you coming,’ Baekhyun responded in surprise.

‘Of course you won’t notice me when you are dozing off,’ she said.

‘Sorry, noona,’ he apologized with his head gazed down on the floor.

 

‘Baekhyun-ah, it’s okay. Everything is going to be fine,’ Jessica softly spoke after a while.

‘Neh, noona?’ Baekhyun responded, confused.

‘I know what’s bothering you… Do you want to talk?’ she asked with her kindest smile.

He is taken aback by her kindness. People called her ice princess and he is somehow thought she is a real cold person, judging from her outer looks. However now, he knows that’s not true at all. He gets kind and warm vibes from her.

 

‘It’s my fault, noona…. I ruin everything.  My hyung’s wedding is totally ruined because of me,’ Baekhyun spoke. He is not that close with Jessica yet he is telling her about his problem right now.

‘Don’t blame yourself, Baekhyun-ah.. It’s not your fault,’ Jessica coaxed, softly.

‘Ever feel like a disgrace to your family, noona? Because that’s what I feel … No one will understand my feeling right now, noona… My hyung’s wedding is a mess because of me. I totally ruined his special day; the it day that only happen once in a life time… I feel like quitting,noona,’ he poured out his deepest pain.

‘Are you kidding me, Baekhyun? Do you forget who you are talking to right now? I am Jessica Jung, the female idol with the most antifans and scandals. I have been through the worst,’ she casually said.

‘I..I’m sorry, noona,’ he apologized.

 

‘Nah, it’s okay……..Baekhyun-ah, listen to me…I know how you feel right now because I’ve been there before. Not once, not twice but, numerous times…I’ve been caught with so many scandals and rumors… I have antifan-club even before I debuted. I was accused for having scandals with almost all the SME male idols. I’ve been accused snogging with Donghae oppa, dating the male trainees and idols, every single one; like a playgirl… What else? I’ve been accused went under the knife to fix my ugly face. I am accused as a ….. Do you know how I feel when all those rumors surfaced? I feel just like what you feel right now. I feel like a disgrace to my family, I hate myself. I am ashamed of myself and I feel sorry for my parents and my little sister for having such a bad daughter like me. I blamed myself for bringing such a shame to my family. I felt bad toward my sister. She is supposed to look up at me but, with all those negative rumors, I thought she is embarrassed to have me as her onnie….. However, they proved me wrong. My family never blames me, never ever. They are the one who keeps on encouraging me. They never think of me as a disgrace to our family. They keep on supporting me, non-stop. And I know, that’s how your family feels towards you too, Baekhyun. They will never blame you,’ Jessica storied her own hardship while consoling him.

‘Have you ever thought of quitting when you went through all those scandals, noona?’ Baekhyun asked while looking at her.

‘Yes, I did… I just couldn’t bear the pain anymore and I thought of quitting. But then, I remember my dreams to be a singer. I’ve trained for so many years so, I don’t want to waste it just because of stupid rumors.. I brace myself with the support from my family and friends, and here I am now.. Negative rumors always surface about me but, I just brush it off. The more you pay attention to those rumors, the more pain you will feel. So now, every time negative rumors about me surface, I tend to ignore it. I don’t give a damn about rumors as long as my loves ones know the truth about me.. Being an idol has so many hardships. We need to cope with scandals and rumors. That’s why we must be strong to survive in this industry,’ she consoled the young boy.

‘How can you be so strong, noona? What you have been through is too much for a girl like you,’ he said, feeling sorry for his noona.

‘I know right? I don’t know myself how I can be so strong,’ she casually replied.

He cracks a light smile at her.

 

 

 

‘Have you talked to your family, especially your brother?’ Jessica asked.

‘Not yet,’ Baekhyun shortly answered.

‘Baekhyun-ah, running away from them won’t solve anything. You will make it worse by running away from your problems….. After this, I want you to have a proper talk with your family, especially your hyung. That’s the best thing to do to free yourself from guilt,’ she advised him.

‘Neh,noona… I will, I promised,’ he replied. He still looks gloomy and sad.

 

‘What’s with the gloomy face? I want to see the cute and handsome Baekhyun,’ Jessica said while patting his arm.

‘I don’t know, noona… Everything feels so wrong to me,’ Baekhyun sighed.

‘You cannot let this matter takes over you. Don’t let it affect you too much, it’s not good… This is a challenge you must going through in your journey to be a great singer and entertainer….. Take my husband as another example. He has been going through a lot too… The plagiarizing issue, the smoking issue, the + issue and the latest one, the scandal.. The scandal was the worst one, he was pushed to his end but, he never gives up. He doesn’t let the issue broke him down... And you see how success he is even though with all those unending scandals. Why? It’s because he is strong and he never gives up. He thinks of his passion, his music and never let negative scandals affect him. The main point is, never ever give up your passion with music,’ she storied about her husband’s painful journey as a singer in order to console him.

Baekhyun thinks deeply about all the things Jessica told him. She is right, the couple have going through worse than him but, they never give up. Even Jessica, a girl, can survive all those stupid rumors and scandals. So, why can’t he survive too? Why he let all those nonsense bother him that much?

 

‘You are right, noona. I shouldn’t let it bother me too much… And I should talk to my hyung soon,’ Baekhyun spoke after a while.

‘That’s my dungseng,’ Jessica said while patting his cheek.

She gives him her warm smiles and he returns with his.

 

 

 

‘Aren’t you hungry?’ Jessica asked.

‘I am hungry.’

‘I bought fried chickens for all of you. They are eating just now.. Let’s go before they finish all of it,’ she told him.

‘Neh, noona. Let’s go,’ he replied.

Both of them stand up from the bench. When Jessica is about to walk, Baekhyun suddenly pulls her into a tight hug.

 

‘Thank you, noona..Thank you so much,’ Baekhyun whispered while still embracing her.

‘You are most welcome, Bacon-ah,’ Jessica replied and patted his back.

‘Noona! Who told you that Bacon name?’ he retorted while releasing his hug.

‘Sehun,’ she shortly replied.

‘Aishh, that maknae!’ he groaned.

‘It’s a cute name..Bacon,’ she teased.

‘I will kick that Oh Sehun,’ he grumbled.

She chuckles at his reaction.

 

‘But seriously noona, you are the best,’ Baekhyun praised.

‘But I still can’t beat your Taeyeon noona, right?’ Jessica casually replied.

‘Of course, my Taengoo noona is jjang! She is way higher than you,’ he joked.

‘Well, I don’t mind because my Daehyunnie, Junhong and Chunji are the best for me,’ she coolly said.

‘But still, I am your favorite dungseng among EXO,’ he smugly said.

‘Says who? My favorite is Suho and also, Sehun,’ she stated while walking away.

‘Noona! I should be your favorite!’ he cried while following her, heading to EXO practice room.

‘No way,’ she retorted.

‘Yes way!’ he insisted while holding her arm.

She just chuckles at the boy’s act.

 

 

 

They walk into the EXO practice room.

‘Yah, Bacon! Why are you holding my noona’s hand?’ Sehun cried when he saw them.

‘Yah, where’s your manner? I’m your hyung!’ Baekhyun retorted.

‘You know I hate to call you hyung,’ Sehun said.

‘Aishhh!’ Baekhyun groaned while trying to kick Sehun but the maknae ran away.

 

‘Noona, help m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter