chapter 168

Lost In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘Your hoobaes look upset earlier. What happen?’ GD asked his wife, questioning about EXO.

‘Aniya, it’s nothing,’ Jessica chuckled.

‘They are jealous, hyung,’ Chunji told GD.

‘Jealous? Jealous of what?’ GD asked.

‘Jealous of me, Junhong and Daehyun,’ Chunji replied.

‘Ahh..I see,’ GD nodded, understood what the matter is all about.

 

‘Come to think of it, I am curious. Why aren’t you close with them? They are from SM too, unlike Zelo and Chunji,’ GD said to his wife, who is tightly clinging onto his left arm.

‘Ermmm, I don’t know.. May be it’s because they never really approach me in a friendly way. Every time they greet me, it’s always very formal and short.. So, I thought they prefer the other girls so, I just let them be,’ Jessica told her husband.

‘Maybe they are shy and nervous,’ GD reasoned.

‘Yeah, they are. They told me earlier.’

 

‘Noona, hyung…I need to touch up my hair. I’ll see you later,’ Chunji told the couple.

‘Okay..See ya,’ Jessica replied while patting Chunji’s arm.

Chunji smiles before leaving to his waiting room while Jessica and GD walk into BAP’s waiting room.

 

 

 

‘Noona!’

‘Hyung!’

 

‘Hi guys,’ Jessica greeted the BAP members.

‘Hey, kiddo,’ GD coolly greeted.

‘Hyung, I’m glad you are here. I really want to see you,’ Zelo said.

‘Why? You want a free lecture of rapping skills again?’ GD asked.

‘Neh, hyung,’ Zelo nodded.

‘I think I need to ask for payment from you. Nothing is free in this world, Junhong-ah,’ GD joked.

‘Honey! Don’t treat my little brother like that,’ Jessica responded while softly pinching GD’s stomach.

GD chuckled at his wife’s reaction.

 

Both GD and Jessica sit on the couch, with the BAP boys. Yongguk and Zelo are asking advices from GD while Daehyun, Youngjae, Himchan and Jongup are conversing with Jessica.

While conversing, they watch EXO rehearsing for their stage through the TV screen in the room. From the corner of her eyes, Jessica catches Zelo’s bothered-expression.

‘What’s wrong, Junhong-ah?’ Jessica asked Zelo, who is sitting opposite her.

Zelo is surprised with Jessica’s sudden question, same goes with the others.

 

‘Neh, noona?’ Zelo questioned, confused.

‘You look troubled, what is it?’ Jessica asked again.

‘No, it’s nothing, noona,’ Zelo answered.

‘Do not lie to your noona. Come on, tell me.. What’s bothering you?’ she softly asked.

Zelo let out a sigh. He cannot hide anything from Jessica because she can easily read him.

 

 

‘What is it?’ Jessica asked again.

‘I.. EXO is really great and lucky, noona.. They are very successful and famous. Their albums sold 400++k. They won no.1 in music shows numerous times already. They are really successful with Growl. They can sing well, dance well. They are good-looking.. They have thousands of fans. They are gaining fame like no other. I guess, it’s their good luck for being in SME. I envy them for that,’ Zelo spoke out. His expression shows it, he is jealous and envy towards EXO’s success.

Jessica is not surprised with Zelo’s confession while the other BAP members just keep in silence. The truth is, all of them share the same feeling with their maknae. They work really hard, more than EXO but, they still cannot reach EXO’s standard right now. EXO seems like a step further from them.

GD taps his wife’s arm and gestures her to go and comfort the maknae, Zelo. Jessica nods while smiling at her husband before stand up and take a sit beside Zelo.

 

‘Junghong-ah, look at me,’ Jessica softly said while placing her hand on Zelo’s.

‘Neh, noona,’ Zelo responded with his disappointed face.

‘Don’t be jealous of them,’ she said.

‘But noona, I think it’s unfair. We work hard, non-stop. We released song by song, never stop doing the promotions. We released numerous of songs..Power, warrior,no mercy, crash and burn, stop it, one shot and now badman..We never stop working, noona but, not many people recognize us, other than BABYs.. Whereas EXO, they just released MAMA but, they are so famous. They were inactive for so long but people still recognize them rather than us. Why? Because they are from SME, the biggest company in our industry. And now they are back with Wolf and Growl, they rise to the top. We are nothing compared to them, noona. We are way behind them,’ Zelo finally blurted out his inner thoughts and feelings. His feelings are mix with sadness, envious and disappointment.

Jessica let out a warm smile upon hearing Zelo’s hurtful feelings.

 

‘Junhong-ah, listen to me.. I know you feel hurt and unfair with the situation right now.. I know you and your members work 24/7, keep on releasing songs and promoting whereas my SM’s hoobaes just released one mini-album before they released XOXO. But, they gain more recognition and popularity compared to you guys……. It’s okay to feel sad but, don’t let it take over you. You must compose yourself and set it as your challenge. A challenge to keep on improves yourself and do better than them… This is their moment of success but, who knows your time will come too. Even now, you are already success. Fans recognize you as BAP, the most hardworking group. They admire your determination to be success. Don’t let this little EXO matter distract your focus,’ Jessica comforted Zelo.

Zelo just curtly nodded but his expression is still the same.

‘You find it’s unfair. Just because EXO come from SME, they instantly becomes famous and rise on top.. You think they do not work as hard as you and unfair that they are more successful than you…..However, they do have their own hardship, Junhong-ah.. They have been training for years, since they were young. They went through many hardship too before they debut…And you know how SME works. Our company is very strict. EXO endured many hardships too before they can debut….Everyone has their own hardships, Junhong-ah… You cannot blame EXO for their instant fame but, you should set them as your challenge… Yes, maybe be a SME idols is one of the lucky charm for EXO but, that’s not all. It’s their good luck, their fate. That’s why you cannot blame them…. You must see them as your rival, not in a bad way but in a good way. A rival that you want to surpass,’ Jessica consoled while gently patting Zelo’s arm.

The other BAP members are also listening to Jessica’s comforting words while GD is proudly smiling at his wife. He knows how good his wife is with her wise words.

 

 

‘All of you, don’t let this matter make you down. See this thing as a challenge, as a goal that you want to achieve. A goal to be as good as them or even better, to surpass them… Don’t see it in bad way. Be positive with this rivalry, positive rivalry… Yes, EXO has their fame right now, a fame that no other rookie group can challenge them.. But, as I said before, make it as a challenge.. Double up your effort and trust me, one day you will be like them too, or even better than them. I trust in all of you,’ Jessica is still consoling the boys.

‘Neh, noona. Thank you, I understand it now,’ Zelo replied with a light smile.

‘And about winning no.1 spot in music shows, it’s not that important, kiddo.. As long as you satisfy with your music, it’s enough. It’s alwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter