It's you..after all

Yulsic love stories..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s a quite night, the dark sky is decorated with couple of twinkling stars. The moon is its peak that lighten up the night. The cold breeze blow the little branches that it sways back and forth while it blows away the leaves that fall in the ground. A certain curtain in a far corner of a huge house flew up as the breeze enters in the room. A young girl shiver as the breeze hits her skin. The shivers continues as the room temperature decreases but bulky sweats are formed in her forehead, neck and in her back that wet her white sheets. She struggles, raising her both hands in the air, swaying it to left and right as she rolls her body in the same direction while tears freely rolling down to her side of her face. Heavy breathe roared in the dark room, pushing away the silence of the night. Her hands in the air find its way to her arms, as she hug herself still shaking...

“NNNOOOOOOOOO...”

She woke up and can still hear the echo of her voice. Breath became rigid and harsh then tears fall down from her tired eyes, mixing in in her sweat. She pull her knees up and press it against her chest, rocking herself as she tightly hug her shaking body while blankly eyeing the dark surrounding. She weakly close her eyes, letting the solemnity of the darkness into her fragile soul. Tears still rolling down her cheeks then finally her body starting to calm down.

She close her eyes again. “You’re okay...you’re okay...remember you are strong one Jessica. You are a tough girl.” She chanted softly but clear and loud enough to push away the fears that creeping up to her being. She then pulled her blanket over her knees while she slowly opens her eyes and is welcome with darkness still. Jessica let her eyes wander and press her shaking lips. She close her eyes once again and again tears spill out of her eyes.

“Jessica this is the right thing to do.” She muttered while eyeing the wall clock.

“3 more hours Jessica and it will be morning again.” She muttered, slowly straightening up her legs. Fixing her pillow, Jessica glance at the picture frame in her side table. She frown for awhile then turn away. The picture frame is empty because she already get rid of the picture that was once occupy that simple yet classy picture frame.

“1,2,3,4....” She counted silently, getting her mind busy. She continue counting don’t know how long she’ll go but she didn’t mind as long as her mind is busy with something.

Finally morning came, Jessica tiredly pull herself up and found a couple of leaves in her floor. She look at her window and saw one window is open. She mentally slap her forehead. Grabbing the cleaning tools, broom and dust pan, she started cleaning up but she leave her bed messy. Walking to her bathroom, she eyed herself. “What a mess.” She thought then step backward and open the bath room door slightly so she can check the time.

“Honey get ready now or we’ll be late.” 

That voice that used to be the reason why she force herself to open her eyes but now? its the opposite. As it grows inside her, piercing into her fragile heart. Jessica look at her reflection and sadly examine every inch of her face then her eyes locked in her own weary eyes. “You are worth a million Jessica, some are worthless but some are priceless. You are in between, how great is that?” She mockingly talk to her reflection.

“Jessica I told you to get up now we’re meeting Donghae’s parents.” Jessica scoff not bothered of the angry tone from her father.

“Don’t worry we’ll be there on time to meet your business partners. As if you are main dish in that meeting.”

“What did you say?”

“I said I’ll be quick.” Jessica coldly muttered as she close her bathroom door.

Hour past, Jessica and her family already at the reserve VIP room and is welcome by another family. Jessica scoff and rolled her eyes in disgust. This isn’t the Jessica they know, so after seeing the expression of the younger girl the other couple frown and ask, “Is there something wrong Jessica?” Jessica coldly look away, no plan of responding. Its better to shut or it will ruin her parents agenda, in other words, it will ruin their plan to save her parents nearly broke company.

“She’s fine Mom, we just had a little misunderstanding.” Donghae butted in and responded in Jessica’s behalf.

“Is that it? Donghae you better treat my daughter well, okay?” The two middle aged woman giggle while Donghae nervously nod her head in response to Mr. Jung’s reminder. Mr. Jung lightly tap the younger man’s shoulder and shake the other older man’s hands. As the conversation started, Jessica’s mood didn’t change at all. Jessica was all over Donghae before, that she’s willing to risk herself just for Donghae but everything change now. Jessica thought she can do anything for the man she only love but after a horrible incident that she ended sacrificing herself just to save her long time boyfriends’ life Jessica’s concept in life and love changes.

“Baby..”

“Don’t you dare touch me.” Jessica loudly and coldly spatted.

Donghae pull back and eyed the blonde girl intently. Realizing the presence of his parents and Jessica’ parents, he awkwardly glance at the two older couple.

“Jessica honey, don’t be hard to Donghae. Whatever he did, I guess he really regret it. And today’s should be a beautiful day coz we have something to announce.” Jessica’s mom excitedly muttered while clapping her hands, while the other woman nod her head supporting the other woman. Jessica maintain her expressionless face, no plan of responding her mother. Donghae on the other hand is clenching his fist, eyeing the girl who’s all over him before and now treating him like a trash.

Mrs, Jung press her lips then force a tight smile facing the other older ones.

“So since we witness your love story we decided to push this long time planned wedding. You two are too slow so we decided to step in since we know how much you two love each other.” Mr. Lee blurted their plan. Jessica eyes got teary. Hearing it the second time really broke her already broken heart. Donghae smile widely and nod his head showing his support in the older one’s plan.

“I’m sorry but there’s no wedding will happen. Never.” Jessica bluntly blurted then walk out in the room, leaving the shock older couple and her boyfriend. She knows that this will cause their business and everything that her parents invested but a big part of her can’t take it anymore. Jessica is already in pit of darkness that no one ever wish to be, what’s worst will happen if she’ll go against her parents now? 

“Oh, before I forget and before we end this day.  Donghae go F*** yourself, we are over.” Jessica smirk and proudly bang the door. Mrs. Jung hurriedly stood up, furiously eyeing the closed door. She open the door but stop in the middle of it and turn around after her husband sternly called her attention.

“What did you do Donghae?” Mr. Jung angrily ask, not used to see this side of her daughter.

“Did you cheat on her?” Mrs. Lee ask.

A loud sigh is heard.

 “Yes!” Donghae softly answered.

“How dare you!”

“Daniel, relax. My son is wrong and Im not vouching him but we all made mistakes. Please we need to be in the middle of this. Donghae you better fix this.” Mr. Lee calmly uttered. Mr. Lee pull the other older man and signal his wife to talk to the other middle aged woman too.

“Donghae I’m really disappointed now. You better fix this as soon as possible." Mr. Lee  strictly exclaim then turn his attention back to his business partner. Their discussion continues, leaving the furious young man in the corner. 


Jessica hurriedly run to the corner of the huge building and grab her phone.

“Tiff?”

“Hello Jessie?”

“Help me Tiff.”

“What’s wrong?”

“I need your help Tiff. Please.”

“Okay, go to my house. I’ll meet you in there.”

“I’ll be there. Thank you Tiff.”

Jessica ended the call and hurriedly run to her car. Reaching her car, Jessica buried her face in the steering wheel.

“I’m sorry Mom and Dad but I have to do this.” Jessica mumbled against the steering wheel, then suddenly a fragment of that horrible day pop out.

Flashback...

Jessica struggle and twist her tied hands.

“Please let me go. I have money in my purse. That’s the money you ask from my boyfriend.”

A mocking laugh was heard then the door swang open, seeing a glimpse of a light Jessica shouted for help but only got a loud chuckle in response.

“What do you want from me? I’m here to give you the money that my boyfriend owes you.” Jessica look at the man on her right side, guessing that, that man is the leader.

“Boss seat first, I’ll prepare her.”

Jessica eyes widen and turn her head towards her left. She realize that the leader is the person who just came in. Eyeing the person setting few meters away from her, she notice something odd but she couldn’t figure it out. Her trance broke when one man came from her behind and cover up her eyes.

Everything happens too fast that ended up losing her voice from screaming, begging and cursing the people in that room but her effort gone to waste. Mocking and sarcastic laughter roared in the dark room and broke Jessica’s serenity.

End of Flash back..


“Jessica hang in there. Please hang in there.” Jessica muttered wiping off the tears that wet her cheeks. Slapping her cheeks lightly, Jessica check herself and smile bitterly. Three months has already past but seems like what happen, just happens yesterday. Flash backs came and hunts her more offen now that makes her trimble even she's in the middle of a open area where the heat of the sun is at peak.

Arriving at her best friend’s house, Jessica grab her spare key and open the said house.

“Tiff?”

..............

Jessica entered the house and sat at the couch. Throwing her things in the other side of the couch, she tiredly lean her head in the center table. Fortunately she has a best friend who’s always in her back, backing her up when something is pulling her down but she can’t push herself to tell what happen to her to Tiffany. She can’t drag her best friend to where she’s in now. Having the said girl is enough for Jessica to go on. Having someone she can trust now is a big thing for Jessica.


“Jessie?”

“I’m here.”

“What happen?” Tiffany immediately engulf the blonde girl into a tight hug.

“I ran away.”

“What?”

“They are forcing me to marry Donghae and I can’t Tiff. I know they’ll look for me, can I stay here?”

“Wait! What’s going on? Marrying Donghae is your dream Jessie. Why did you ran away?”

Tiffany confusedly ask. Jessica sigh loudly, her stubborn tears fall down. Tiffany kneeled down and softly cup the blonde girl’s face.

“Hey..”

“I don’t love him anymore Tiff.”

Tiffany frown but looking at the crying girl, her hundred question is push aside and Jessica’s well being is more important now. Tiffany pull the blonde girl again and wrap her arms around the crying girl. After a whil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter