Loving the imperfect you 8

Yulsic love stories..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

After a long miserable months past. Yuri is still on the pit of darkness. She file leave on her job, she stayed on her house, downing herself in alcohol. She felt alone but she thought it’s better this way.

One morning she got a visitor. Ignoring the knocks and the door bell, Yuri stayed on her spot. A few minutes after, she heard her door open and shut close.

The visitor eyed the tan girl, disappointed, confused as to what really happen towards the latter as Yuri keep shut. She knows Yuri and Jessica broke up but the reason behind the break up? The latter don’t have any clue and she didn’t bug Yuri nor dig deeper, as a sign of respect towards the tan girl.

“Are you just gonna stay here and be miserable Yul?”

“What else I can do Taeng?” Yuri sarcastically responded.

“I don’t know but have you heard the word fight? and/or move on?”

Yuri sarcastically chuckle...

Taeyeon sat down beside the tan girl.

“You’re losing it Yul, why do you always be the loser in every situation? Why can’t you fight back? Value yourself Yul.”

“It’s hard Taeng. I thought I did the right thing then after that it rub into my face how stupid I am. I don’t know.”

“Jessica was rush to the hospital a couple of days ago. She has not been eating and lack of sleep.” Taeyeon blurted out. Yuri worriedly look at Taeyeon, “Is she okay?”

Taeyeon let out a sigh then lightly shook her head. “She’s in bad shape Yul and so are you. I don’t know what happened but you two are just torturing yourselves.”

“Se Kyung told me that she can get a heart for Jessica and in return I’ll do everything she says. I was not planning to accept it but then I learned that she and my father are working together. My father is selling my mother’s company’s share without us knowing. Se Kyung bought shares and offer my dad that she’ll sponsor his candidacy. I wanted to know more that’s why I end up taking her offer.”

“You....Yul that was stupid.”

“I know....I deserve this for hurting her. I’m so stupid.”

Taeyeon eyed the self blaming tan girl then stood up.

“I think its time now to stand up. Man up Yul, you made a mistake, deal with it and fix it coz it will not fix by its own.”

“Let’s go out. Come on.” Taeyeon pull the tan girl up and drag the latter to the rest room. After getting ready, Taeyeon push the tan girl in to her car and they drove to the nearest mall.

“How long has it been that you seen a light? nor breathe a fresh air?” Taeyeon teasingly ask.

“Come on Yul, are you just gonna let them win? Again?”

Yuri turn around then face her best friend.

“No one can help you Yul but yourself. I missed my confident and big best friend.”

Yuri chuckle then look up in the bright sky then her eyes caught up with her reflection.

“I look pathetic.” She said and Taeyeon immediately agreed causing the duo to chuckle loudly.

Settling on their favorite restaurant, the duo chatted and catching up..then....

“Yul let’s go?”

Yuri frown then followed Taeyeon’s gaze.

“Yul..”

Yuri eyes locked upon on the certain blonde girl. Another arms wrap around her shoulders now while her shoulder are heaving like she’s crying.

“Yul please...please, don’t make a scene. You’ll end up in prison again.” Taeyeon exclaim, holding Yuri down to her seat.

“Is she crying?” Yuri worriedly ask.

“Come on let’s go.” Taeyeon drag the tan girl and hurriedly drove off.

“She suffers a lot because of me Taeng. Taeng, can we go to a bar? Just tonight please! I promise this will be my last.”

Taeyeon glance at the pleading tan girl then sigh in defeat.

The next day,

Yuri whimper in pain as she push herself up.

“Heads up.” Taeyeon shouted and Yuri catch the bottled water and a sheet of pills.

“I thought I’m use to this hang over..sh*** my head hurts.”

Taeyeon chuckle then genuinely smiled looking at the tan girl.

“Are you going back to work now?”

“Nah, probably next week. I have something to do first.”

“Yul please pull yourself together.”

Yuri sigh then nod her head as she stand up..

“I know Taeng. Don’t worry. And thank you, for knocking some sense out of me.”

“Its nothing Yul.”

“I’ll take a shower then I need to go home.”

“I prepared some breakfast. Hurry and clean up. I am working this afternoon.”

“Okay!” Yuri responded and headed to the rest room.

After their breakfast, the duo talk once again as Taeyeon is still worried about Yuri but the tan girl assured her best friend that it will be different from now on.

Arriving at her house, Yuri then grab her phone.

“Hey, can you do me a favor?”

“What is it?”

“I’ll send it to you, try to look into it and when the time is right, I’ll text you what to do next.”

“Got it.”

“And remember the favor I asked you before?”

“The investigation report?”

“Yes, can you send it to me. I totally forgot about that one. Send it tonight.”

“I will.”

“Thank you!”

Yuri ended the call and eyed her messy house. Flicking her tongue, Yuri let out a heavy sigh. Grabbing her phone once again.

“Hey can you call someone to clean up my house then put it on sale.”

“Yes, Ma’am.”

Yuri ended the call then for a quick second, she let her eyes roam around the said house. Lot’s of memories rushing back into her weary mind that draws a bitter smile on her lips. Packing her things up, Yuri then headed out. Sitting on her car, Yuri blankly eyeing the scenery in front of her.

“It’s time to face your world Yuri.” She mumbled and step out in her car.

Taking a deep breathe, Yuri eyed the big old fashion mansion.

“Let’s do this Yul.” She muttered, went back inside her car then drove inside the property.

“Welcome young master.” Yuri smiled and tap the old man’s shoulder.

“Is grandpa and grandma home?”

“Yes master. I’ll let them know you are here..”

“Thank you!”

“My pleasure master.”

A few minutes pass, an old couple appeared hand in hand in front of the tan girl. Yuri kneeled down and let her forehead touch the floor.

“Hello papa, mama.”

“How long has it been Kwon Yuri?”

“A long time papa.”

“What brings you here?”

“I’m sorry. I was told that you hated me and don’t want to see me ever again that’s why I stop visiting you guys.”

“Stand up dear. Who in the right mind to say that?” The old woman muttered and pull the tan girl up.

“Let me guess, your worthless father told you that?”

Yuri nod her head in response.

“Yeobo, our little Hyori. Aish.. we miss you so much dear.”

“I’m sorry mama. I miss you two so much too.”

The older man sternly eyeing the younger woman.

“What happen?”

“Can I stay here?” Yuri shyly ask. The older woman leaps in glee and immediately asked one of their maids to take Yuri’s stuff to her own room and to prepare a special meal for the younger woman.

“Yeobo, say yes. That’s my Yuri.”

The older man sigh in defeat, can really defy her wife. And also looking at the smile plastered at his wife face, how can he deny the reason of that beautiful smile?

“That’s fine. Let’s go to the office and talk.”

“Why?” The older woman curiously ask.

The older man beam a tight smile, then, “To catch up. Why don’t you go and see what they prepare in the kitchen?”

The older woman nod her head then went to hug the tan girl tight.

“If that old man is being hard on you, come to me okay? I’ll make him pay.”

“Aish...I heard that!”

“I mean it Yeobo.”

“I know.”

The older woman chuckle and places a kiss on Yuri’s crown. After the older woman is gone, the duo headed to the older man’s office. Having a close door catching up, the older woman busied herself preparing all Yuri’s favorite foods.


Yuri finally went back to her job, slowly she tried to live again but sure a big part of her is gone. Her co-worker notice how the well known charming doctor turns cold and unapproachable.

The next day, a big news was plastered everywhere. It is said, that the founder of the biggest entertainment, telecommunication and the first Korean business man to infiltrate other countries and able to successfully grew its business in a foreign land has something to announce. Everyone is excited as to what the big boss and the founder of huge businesses in Korea has to announced. As the citizen is excited and giddy to hear the sudden announcement, the big companies  and the people in politics are as curious as the rest of the citizen too. It’s been a long time that the well known and very respected man appeared on anything, that’s why the speculation is that this announcement must be really big for the man to appear in a big screen once again.

The socialite and elite people were busy preparing their selves as being invited to this big event is big enough to be in the same pedestal as the top people. Even the current President is wanting to attend the said event.

“That event has really captured everyone’s attention.”

Jessica face Tiffany then nod her head.

“They said that he is highly respected by many and by the big shots too. Look at those influential people coming...” Sunny joined in in the conversation.

The live coverage was cut off as a flash news is about to report.

“*NEWS FLASH!!!” The trio eyed the tv, curious as to what this big news again.

A woman appeared on the screen, hesitant but she continued reading the script...

“A video is circulating in the Internet. It has been only a couple of hours that this video was uploaded and a lot of citizen already seen the said video and sharing it, thus making it viral.The other person’s face was blurry but the woman in the said scandal video, seems to be a very influential woman.  There’s no confirmation yet, this may be a hoax knowing the suspected woman is one of the most influential personality in the industry. For now, let’s go back to the live coverage of the big boss announcement.”

Jessica breathe hitch as her eyes is locked up on the pause video on the left top corner of the TV.

“Jessie..”

“Jess...”

Jessica wipe off her tears then stood up, running to her room. The duo worriedly eyed the running figure. Jessica’s weeping can be clearly heard outside her room. Even thought the other person face is blurry, Jessica knew it was Yuri. She just can’t believe how painful it can get after knowing Yuri cheated on her and seeing part of actual video. It hurt that her heart starting to ache, she having hard time breathing. Tiffany and Sunny stayed at Jessica’s side, caressing and coaxing the blonde girl.

Back to the event...

As the event venue is packed up with people and media, the big boss carefully walked on the stage.

“Thank you all for coming and I appreciate all of you for accepting my request. I’m gonna go to the point here to not waste all your time. Me and my wife as you all see is already old to manage our businesses. This past few years, our business was handled by our son in law. And today, I am announcing the heir of my kingdom.”

Everyone applauded and cheered as they wait for the lucky name to be announced, but most of them already have an idea as to who is the lucky person. While a certain middle aged man straighten his suit then stood up. Proudly walking towards the stage.

“I would like all of you to meet my youngest granddaughter,  Lee Yuri Kwon!”

Everyone was silent hearing the unfamiliar name coz everyone thought it would be the prime minister, Kwon Sangwoo.

Yuri emerges on the stage with her beautiful grandmother on hand.

“I don’t think you are needed in here Mr. Kwon.” Yuri mumbled and walk pass through the shock man standing on the edge of the small stage. Standing beside her grandfather, Yuri took the stand.

“Hello everyone. I’m Lee Yuri the youngest daughter of Lee Hyori. I am currently working as  doctor of the Saint Micheal’s hospital. And don’t worry, I have a back ground in business. Papa is still sane to offer me this position. (chuckle lightly, then continued...) I assure you all that I will not disappoint my papa and that include all his associates too.”

The crowd laugh along with the newly appointed chairwoman witticism comment of her grandfather being sane enough for this big decision.

 Yuri bow her head on the crowd then step back giving the stage back to her grandfather.

“Are you all surprise?”

The crowd loudly responded, causing the older man to giggle.

“I’ve been bugging her for years to take my offer and just a few days ago she finally said yes.”

The crowd roared in laughter.

“I am here in front of all, my associates to ask you to trust me this one last time. I know my granddaughter will do well. I hope you all will take good care of her. Okay, we can answer some questions now.”

The older man pointed the guy sitting on the left corner.

“This is for the new boss. Did you have a degree in business?”

The older man boringly eyed the latter then grab the microphone.

“Like I said, I’ve been bugging her for years and that also mean sending her to business school.Like my granddaughter said, I am still capable and sure of all my decisions.” The older nonchalantly responded causing the reported to blush in embarrassment.

“Did you study abroad?” Another reporter asked.

“No, I did my studies here in Korea.” Yuri responded politely. Another reported raise its hand and Yuri called the man.

“Why choose being a doctor, instead of doing business?”

“Personal reasons!”

“Can I follow up with my questions?”

Yuri let the man ask one more question.

“Thank you. You said you are working as a doctor earlier. Are you still gonna pursue your medical profession and run your grandfather’s company?”

“First,I already resign on my job few days ago. I want to focus on this company, like I said earlier.” Yuri responded.


The reporter nod his head, seeing Yuri’s grim eyes.

Yuri’s grandfather, lightly tap Yuri’s shoulder and grab the microphone.

“I just want to clear things up. The owner of my company now is my granddaughters.  Lee Boa Kwon and Lee Yuri Kwon. Knowing my eldest granddaughter is very busy and doesn’t have a single interest in business so I just let her be. Yuri here is gonna run the company, it is her company now not mine.” The older man butted in after sensing Yuri’s aura changed. Continuing the event, the older man pointed the lady in white skirt.

“Are you single?” The crowd chuckle hearing the said question.

“Well you are clearly a very charming woman, definitely gorgeous and mind you, seeing how you carry yourself, you’ll be one of the top bachelors here. Not to mention, the richest bachelor.” The reported added. Grandma Lee giggle and teasingly fix Yuri’s tie then step forward.

“Ladies you have to go through me first.” She muttered to lighten up the dimming mood. She then gave the microphone back to her blushing granddaughter. The crowd chuckle at the older woman’s antics. One of the reason why the couple is highly respected and looked up too. They are just plainly amazing.

The older man close his eyes and pinch the bridge of his nose.

“Answer it Yuri.”

“Yes papa.”

Yuri step forward and shyly grab the microphone. Taking a deep breathe, she then beam her most charming smile, “Yes, I’m single.” she answered shortly and the people around cheered.

“I think the next question would be all about my granddaughter’s love interest. So why don’t we stop now and enjoy the food?” The older man loudly announces and ignores the protest of the reporters.

“Sir please, one last question.”

The older man sigh then let the persistent woman ask a question.

“We all thought that it would be your father who’s gonna take the thrown, he got more experience than you. With his politics background added more advantage.---”

“Is there a question in there?” The older man butted in and dangerously raise his eye brow.

“Yes sir.”

“Miss. Kwon, we all know that the Prime minister, your father is running for President. Is this the reason why you got the position and not him? And also, are you gonna support your father’s candidacy?”

The older man was about to answer when Yuri put her right hand on her grandfather’s shoulder, silently asking him to let her answer. The older man nod his head and handed the microphone to his granddaughter.

“First and foremost, this position is meant for my mother. It was just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter