Broken glass..10

Yulsic love stories..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hearing Yuri’s calm breathing, Jessica slowly turn around and admire the beauty that she once ignore and felt disgusted. A lone tear fall from her eyes and once again regret the bad things she did before. With a safe distance, Jessica outline Yuri’s nose, jaw, eyes and lastly lips.

“I know your just going with the flow, tired to argue or whatever your reason is I’ll use this opportunity to make you fall for me, to make you love me that you can never let me go. You maybe distant and cold towards me now but I will make sure I will see and meet the Yuri I’ve known and love. Your charming smile, your dorkiness, everything, everything will be back to its place and your place is my arms and my heart. I love you Yuri, I really do.” Jessica smiled looking at Yuri scrunched her nose. Jessica then snuggled closely, enough to feel Yuri’s warmth. Not long enough, Jessica find its way to her dream land.

Morning came, Jessica growl and groggily sit up.

“My God, Yuri?” Jessica hurriedly look around only to see no signs of Yuri. Jessica hissed loudly, cursing herself for not seeing Yuri. She curse herself for waking up late and look what happen. Then the door bell rang.

“Taeyeon.”

“Where’s Yuri?”

“She left. She said she’s going to work and todays her last day.” Taeyeon’s eyes widen and shakingly grab her phone.

“Hello?”

“D--add---” Taeyeon’s voice shaken then her tears burst as she sob loudly.

“Hey..what happen? Tell me.”

A long silence roared around them then a sniffing sound was heard,

“She left dad. She said its her last day.”

“Don’t worry. I want you to relax and trust me okay? Tae?”

“Dad (sniff)...”

“Trust me Tae. I’ll do everything. Now I want you to come home, we need to talk.”

“okay dad, I’ll be there in a minute.”

Taeyeon ended the call and glance at the agitated blonde girl.

“What’s going on Taeyeon? Tell me!” Jessica roared grabbing Taeyeon’s right hand.

Looking at the Jessica, Taeyeon took a deep breathe.

“I let you beat my dad Taeyeon coz he deserve it for hurting Yuri. I did that too because I wanted to avenge Yuri. I love Yuri Taeyeon please I wanna know what’s going on.”

Taeyeon swallow a load of saliva to calm herself down.

“I need to go now.”

“No...please Taeyeon tell me. Tell me what’s going on.”

“I can’t. I’m not in the position to tell you and I don’t trust you.”

Jessica flip her hair and secretly wipe off the tears fall down, she knows she did terrible things but can’t she change? It hurts her thinking no one trust her about Yuri. What she suppose to do to earn this people trust?

Bitting her lips for a quick second, Jessica blink her eyes then turn around to fully face the other blonde girl.

“Fine but I’m going with you.”

“WHAT?”

“I’ll figure it out myself. I don’t care if you don’t trust me. My main concern here is Yuri and that’s it.” Jessica bluntly exclaim and confidently staring straight at Taeyeon’s eyes.

“Tae?”

Jessica and Taeyeon immediately turn their heads towards the voice. Jessica push Taeyeon on the side and run towards the tan girl.

“Yul...Yul..”

“What’s going on?”

Jessica didn’t respond, instead she tighten her grip and buried her wet face deeply in Yuri’s shoulder blade.

“Tae?” Yuri ignore the blonde girl hugging her tight and called her best friend again. Stunned seeing her best friend.

“Yul.” Taeyeon softly punch Yuri’s right arm while pressing her lips tight, holding herself to break down in front of her best friend. Yuri chuckle softly, pressing her lips in Jessica’s crown she then softly push Jessica and pull her best friend into a tight hug.

“How are you?”

Taeyeon scoff hearing the latter’s question but pull the tan girl into a tight hug silently saying how much she missed the tan girl.

“What are you doing in here?”

Taeyeon locked Yuri’s head in her arm and playfully ruffle the tan girl’s hair.

“I want you to meet someone.” Jessica frown hearing Taeyeon’s statement and looking at the latter’s facial expression, she sure knows Taeyeon has a plan. Pulling Yuri towards her, Jessica face Taeyeon,

“FYI, Yuri and I are engage Taeyeon. You can’t introduce her to any of your friends,” Jessica muttered using a matter of fact tone. Taeyeon rolled her eyes and ignore Jessica.

“Let’s go Yul.”

Yuri smiled and obeyed, oblivious of Jessica’s feelings. Pressing her lips tight, Jessica look down as she close her eyes tight. Her chest get tighter and tighter and it getting harder to breath. It hurts to think that Yuri is no longer care about her.

“I’ll be right back okay?” Yuri whispered and press her lips in Jessica’s crown. Jessica eyes lit up then look up and saw Yuri’s fake smile. The fake smile that Yuri always wear whenever they’re together. No words can explain how painful it is to see the owner of your heart doesn’t care about you anymore and that she can only offer you a fake smile. 

“Can I go with you?” She pleaded but Yuri seems to be rude that she just shook her head then turn her back on Jessica. Taking a deep breathe, Jessica calm herself, hiding the pain in her teary eyes.

“Yul.”

Yuri turn around and irritatingly face Jessica and it didn’t go unnoticed to Jessica but she endure it and trying to justify Yuri’s rude and cold actions towards her. She can’t hate Yuri because of Yuri’s cold treatment now, she knows she did that to Yuri before. And as painful as it is to experience the same agony and pain she inflected to Yuri before, she couldn’t help but to despise herself even more.

“I love you.” Jessica chuckle dryly while wiping the tears rolling down her cheeks after seeing Yuri’s as usual blank face. She chuckle to cover up her tears and weary eyes.

“Please be careful.” Jessica continued. With that said, Jessica turn around as fast as she can coz she can no longer hold her tears back. Tears fall freely while thinking her current situation. She don’t want Yuri to come to her just because she’s crying and as much as she wanted Yuri to comfort her,she prefer not to coz she sure knows that Yuri did it because of sympathy not because Yuri cared for her. Jessica wanted Yuri to care for her like what the tan girl used to do before. And she wanted Yuri to love her more than how Yuri loved her before. The big questions are, how? How can Yuri love her more than what she used to? What? What can she do to make Yuri fall for her? 


“Yul.”

Yuri turn around and saw Taeyeon gestured they need to go now. Glancing back at the house,Yuri sigh loudly then walk towards Taeyeon, leaving Jessica behind.

On their way, an awkward silents engulf them. No one dares to talk nor open up a topic. Taeyeon is playing her hands while Yuri is locking her gaze outside the window. As their car stops, Taeyeon went out first and ushered Yuri to their house.

“Taeyeon?”

Yuri step back, giving the running middle aged man enough space to hug Taeyeon. After their very tight hug, Taeyeon step back and glance at Yuri.

“Dad this is Yuri,,my best friend.”

Yuri formally bow down her head as she softly greeted the middle aged man.

“Oh Yuri? (Daniel glance at Taeyeon and saw the grin he love the most. He smiled and glance back at the tan girl.) Welcome to our house Yuri. Please feel at home.” Mr. Kim warmly smile at Yuri as she eyed Yuri from head to toe.

“How’s your mom Yuri?”

Yuri cleared and avoided Taeyeon’s eyes.

“She’s fine sir, thanks for asking.”

“No need for formalities here. Call me uncle Yuri. (taking a deep breathe,Daniel turn around to face his daughter.) We have a lot of things to talk about.”

Yuri felt like she’s out of place, so she politely excuse herself but Taeyeon stop her and ask the tan girl to come with them. Yuri frown and shook her head in responds, standing at her decision.

“We know that you went to Sang woo this morning. Why Yul? Didn’t I told you to stay away from him and Jessica?” Taeyeon angrily spatted. Yuri stop from walking away and glance at Mr, Kim then silently telling Taeyeon they’ll talk about it some other time but Taeyeon rejected Yuri’s pleadings and push Yuri to the couch.

“Dad what do you want to talk about?” Yuri awkwardly press herself in the armrest of the couch and prepare herself not to listen to father and daughter’s discussion as she lock her eyes anywhere else.

“Yuri I am your dad’s best friend.”

Taeyeon and Yuri look at Daniel with mouth slightly agape.

“I mean I used to be his best friend.”

Taeyeon turn her head towards Yuri and worriedly eyed the tan girl. She can’t help but to wonder or think, does her dad has something to do with Yuri’s unfortunate life? Bitting her lower lips, Taeyeon silently prayed her dad has nothing to do with Sang woo cruel treatment to her best friend.

“We were close, me and Sang woo because our parents are close too, My dad and his dad are partners and same goes to our mothers. As we grow older,you know the common action of old people, our parents started to compare us. I am the good/perfect son and Sang woo was left in the dark corner. I talk to him and told him to ignore them coz its sad to say but its normal for parents to boast around their children’s accomplishments. It was fine, I like to think it was fine. One day I meet your mom Yuri. She’s so  beautiful. The first time I saw her, I know my life will never be the same again.”

“Dad?”

“Don’t worry Tae, I love your mom so much, I just wanted to do this for my peace of mind and for you too.”

“Why are you telling me this?” Yuri curiously ask. Daniel beam a warm smile and pull her daughter beside him.

“Honestly Yuri, I ask Taeyeon to stay away from you coz what I heard, you are Sang woo’s illegitimate daughter and your using Taeyeon. After what happen before I don’t want my daughter to be near around Sang woo ever again. And Sang woo told his parents and everyone that you died that’s why I never thought you to be Hyori’s daughter.”

Yuri press her lips finally understood the sudden departure of her best friend. Seeing Yuri’s dark expression, Daniel stood up and kneeled in front of Yuri that caught Yuri by surprised.

“Taeyeon didn’t talk to me because of that and she only talk to me when she came back here and know your situation. I’m sorry but now I know who you really are, I will never go in between you two. I wish you two will not end up like me and your dad.”

“Sang woo.” Yuri softly muttered, correcting the older man. Daniel didn’t get what Yuri meant but nonetheless he nod his head in responds.

“I still don’t get why are you telling me this.” Yuri honestly blurted.

“Because I ask him how did he know Sang woo and why he is so affected hearing mom’s name (Hyori).” Taeyeon responded on behalf of her father. Yuri look down then buried her face against her palm.

“I’m planning to pull the plug tomorrow Tae.” Yuri’s fingers started shaking while she bite her lower lips tight but enough not to cut herself. Tears fall in the carpet as Yuri sniff softly. Taeyeon and Daniel frown and confusedly staring at tan girl. Hearing nothing in responds, Yuri look up and is welcome with confused look of Daniel and Taeyeon. Yuri press her both eyes then face the older man and her best friend.

“Mom got sick. I mean really sick. The doctor said a couple of days ago that mom might not be able to make it that (Yuri took a deep breathe then press her eyes again that her tears spills down her cheek.) that the machine is the only thing that keeping her alive. I don’t want to see her suffer more Tae, she already suffer her whole life...that’s why I decided to pull the plug tomorrow.”

Heavy breathing roared in the living room, Taeyeon rake her hair with her fingers and cried softly. Blaming herself for not being there when Yuri and Hyori needed her the most.

“Let me at least help you Yuri. I know some great doctors, I can gather them if you want.”

“But the doctor---”

“Second opinion wont hurt Yuri. Just please let me help.”

“Why?” Yuri curiously ask. Same goes to Taeyeon. Daniel took a deep breathe and stood up.

“Every time I went to visit Sang woo and saw your mom, we only shared a friendly smile and a simple “Hi and Hello." I ask Sang woo’s help to formally introduce me to your mother and told him that I like your mom but months after that I learn that they already dating then few months after that I found out that your mother is pregnant. The only moment I got the courage to talk to her is the time I learn she’s pregnant and that Sang woo deny it and dump her. I was so mad that I ended up beating Sang woo that time and feeling not contented I told Sang woo’s parents and his long time girlfriend. Your grandparents force them to get married and unfortunately Sang woo’s girlfriend didn’t able to take the news well and killed herself. What I really want to say is that, please let me do this. I regret for being coward before and let everything pass me. I didn’t do anything to help your mom and you, I just accept everything Sang woo told me and sat on the corner as I shut my mouth then left everything behind.This time I want to prove myself that I am no longer that coward and stupid Daniel like I used to be. I wanna help Hyori this time. For my daughter and for my peace of mind, please let me help you.”

Taeyeon and Yuri look at each other still processing Daniels confession. Taeyeon shook her head and tried to push away her doubts while Yuri sat on the corner of the couch, don’t know what to say. Daniel sigh sadly and eyed the two younger girls.

“I wanna see mom Yul.” Daniel furrowed his brows and eyed the two younger girls.

“Mom?” He repeated. Yuri and Taeyeon just nod their heads in responds then look at each other.

“I did my best Tae to protect her but I failed.”

Taeyeon shook her head and pull the tan girl into a tight hug. Softly telling the tan girl its not her fault and that she should not blame herself.

Daniel look down and sadly sigh. Thinking of this chance to be able to help his first love, Daniel promise to himself that he will do everything he got to help Hyori. He is happy now with his family, he just wanted to help which he should have done in the past.

“Sir?” Yuri, Taeyeon and Daniel look towards the door and saw another middle aged man holding a folder in his hand. Daniel nod his head and gesture the other man to come in. Yuri and Taeyeon curiously eyed the folder and eager to hear what the older men about to discuss but to their dismay, Daniel ask them to go out, saying its a important and adult matter. A loud sigh escape from Taeyeon’s mouth while Yuri disappointedly press her lips to the side. Walking out in the living room, Taeyeon hug the tan girl side ways.

“I’m so sorry Yul.”

Yuri frown and hug Taeyeon back.

“Why?”

“I wasn’t in your side when you and Mom needed me the most. I left you. I’m so sorry.”

Yuri giggle and tighten her grip while her tears fall freely. It’s been a while that she let herself this weak and fragile. In the past years, Yuri felt numb and suppress all her weaknesses so she can still stand up and face the cruel world. Now that Taeyeon is here, Yuri felt a little relief. At least she got someone to lean on, not to mention Taeyeon’s father too. Taeyeon and Yuri stayed hugging each other while crying their hearts out.

After visiting their mother, Yuri and Taeyeon decided to walk to the nearby park. Taeyeon and Yuri already talk to Daniel’s doctors and assured the younger girls that they’ll take the earliest flight so they can check and see Hyori’s condition.

“Tae?”

“What?”

“Do you believe in destiny?”

“Destiny? What are you talking about?” Taeyeon mockingly ask. Yuri chuckle shyly then sat at the bench, looking at the bright sky Yuri cross her legs and comfortably lean her back in the backrest of the bench.

“Tae?”

“Hmm?”

“If Sang woo help your dad and make your dad and my mom got closer, then you know....they fall in love..who do you think between us will be their child?”

Taeyeon frown as her lips slight agape, don’t know what to say, she then sigh loudly and honestly responded, “I don’t know.”

Yuri beam a tight smile then... “Its sad and cruel to say but I guess mom is destined to be fooled by Sang woo. I wanted to wish to have another father but knowing their past, its crazy but I am somewhat happy that mom got knock out by that monster or else I’m not here. I’m not here to know and see how wonderful and great my mom is. And not here to experience how beautiful my life is having you as my best friend.”

“That’s really sweet but what are you thinking Yul?”

Taking a deep breathe, Yuri press her chest and beam a force smile while facing the older girl.

“I know that you will take care of mom even if I will not ask you to..just...ahm..If anything happens to me---”

“Nothing will happen to you. Yul look at me, I will never let anything happen to you.”

Yuri pull the older girl into tight hug and softly whispered, “If Tae, I said If. Please take care of my mom. I don’t trust anyone but you. Please Tae.”

Taeyeon hissed but later on she finally give up and said what the tan girl wanted her to say. The promise that she once announced but this time she is determine to keep her promise.

“Mom is dad’s first love, can you believe that?” Taeyeon change the topic as the aura became heavy to bare.

“Tsk...not new to me..My mom is goddess Tae..just look at her daughter.”

Paak...

“Disgusting.”

Yuri chuckle whole heartedly as she keep on teasingly poking the older girl’s shoulder. Just like that, the aura around them change into a light and bright one.

“Do you wanna visit Sunny and Seohyun?”

Yuri nervously chuckle, shakingly scratching the back of her head.

“Sunny called me this morning and I told her I arrived yesterday so she wanted to meet.”

“Tae, I got expelled.”

“I know.”

“You knew?”

“Jessica told me.”

“Oww..” The only word that came out in Yuri’s mouth. She wanted to say more than that but she ended up closing and decided to shut .

“She let me beat her dad Yul.”

“What?”

“I beat her dad and shot him once unlike what he did to you. I was able to control myself.” Taeyeon raise her index finger while wearing a innocent look, like a kid nervously admitted she did something wrong.

“Tae I told you don’t do those things. You shot him?”

“What do you want me to do? Just let him go after what he did to you?”

“Tae, what would you do if you caught someone your daughter? It’s a normal reaction of a parent Tae.”

Taeyeon gritted her teeth and flick Yuri’s forehead.

“Its not normal coz I know Sang woo is behind it. Yul where is my best friend? My best friend who will fight till the end? You let them beat you, why? Huh?”

“I didn’t mean it that way Tae. What do you mean Sang woo has something to do with Mr. Jung’s outrage?” Yuri tried not to be so obvious, she’s scared what if Taeyeon already know about their deal? Yuri cross her fingers while waiting for Taeyeon’s responds.

“Mr. Jung admitted and told me everything.”

“Everything?”

“Hmm..he got you expelled, he force you to marry Jessica and he beat you when he feels like beating you.” Taeyeon nonchalantly responded. Yuri sigh in relief then decided to shut .

“Do you still love her?”

Yuri turn towards Taeyeon then glance back at the bright sky.

“I don’t know Tae.” Yuri honestly answered.

“Okay, okay. Let’s meet Sunny and Seohyun now..” Taeyeon clap her hands and enthusiastically pull Yuri up from her seat.

“Where are we meeting them?”

“Its lunch time now, we are meeting them in our meeting place.”

“At school?”

“Of course! where do you think is our meeting place?” Taeyeon sarcastically ask, causing Yuri to rolled her eyes and ignore the older girl.

With a few minutes drive, Taeyeon and Yuri arrived at their meeting place. Yuri pulled her self together and compose herself. She needs this time to push away her horrible experiences, at least just today. Grinning widely, Yuri puff her cheeks then grin again. Taeyeon rolled her eyes in disgust and ignore her crazy best friend. Taeyeon called Sunny and inform the latter that they are already in their meeting place.

Finally, Sunny and Seohyun arrive at their meeting place and saw Taeyeon along with Yuri.

“Bunny bunny cute bunny!”

.......................

“Ohh..my bunny bunny cute bunny is still mad at me?”

Sunny scoff and push the tan girl to the side so she can pass through.

“Hey Seo..”

Seohyun rolled her eyes and didn’t bother responding, following Sunny’s cold actions towards the tan girl.

“Seriously? Can’t you two forgive me and forget the past?”

“How? Huh? You just vanish and didn’t even bother letting us know if you’re okay or not. Don’t you know how worried we are when we know you got expelled?”

“Sorry bunny. It slip off my mind and a lot of things happen. Sorry..please forgive me bunny, Seo...I’m here now, see? perfect as always.”

Seohyun and Sunny look at each other then together they smack Yuri’s head and softly giggle.

“Still full of yourself huh?”

“Its the truth anyway.”

Yuri hug Sunny then glance at Seohyun.

“Can I get a hug?”

“Yah, why you didn’t ask me if you can hug me? huh?”

“Because looking at your face its clear that you  are itching and begging me to hug you.”

Paakk..

“Bunny..”

“Shut up.”

Yuri childishly stomp her foot and sat beside Taeyeon.

“You know what Tae, when you left they bullied me. Slap here, smack there, punch here, kick there.”

“Yah..want me to punch and kick you?”

“See Tae?” Taeyeon chuckle loudly looking at her best friend. She’s really happy to see her best friend acting like this. The Yuri she knows.

“Yah, Sunny why are you bullying Yuri---”

“Sunny, Seo---Ohh...Sorry.” Tiffany cover seeing that its not only Sunny and Seohyun in their usual spot. When Taeyeon left and Yuri got expelled, Sunny, Seohyun and Tiffany always hang out in the said place. After making sure Jessica is okay, she always spend her remaining time with Sunny and Seohyun.

“Hi ugly princess.”

Tiffany put her hands on her waist and angrily eyed the tan girl, while Taeyeon is looking at Tiffany from head to toe. Still she sees Tiffany as a beautiful princess..

“Glad to see you again Tae tae, I just hope you didn’t bring that ugly monkey with you.”

“Tae tae? (Realizing the Tiffany’s insult,Yuri eyed Tiffany then...) Aww...” Yuri playfully clutch her chest and pouted then a sniffing sound was heard.

“Your acting is disgusting.”

“Bunny..”

“How are you Tae tae?”

“Me? I am fine. Thanks for asking.” Yuri sarcastically responded making everyone to laugh. Tiffany glared at the playful girl then glance at Taeyeon.

“I’m fine.You?” Taeyeon responded while giggling softly. Taeyeon and Tiffany got closer as they become text mate.

“Fabulous...until I saw that ugly monkey.She kinda ruin my day.”

“Ohh..really? What I saw is the opposite. Your eyes lit up after seeing me.”

“Hi...”

Everyone look up and saw the nervous blonde girl pressing her hands together. Tiffany stood up and ushered the nervous blonde girl to sit beside her. She mentally slap her forehead when she forgot she drag Jessica to meet Sunny and Seohyun so Jessica can talk to the duo and hopefully be friends again.

“Guys is it okay if Jessica and me will eat with you?”

“It’s okay unnie.” Seohyun responded and smiled warmly at the two older girls.

“Shh..Shouldn’t you ask the elders first?” Seohyun scoff and push Yuri’s face away.

Yuri giggle then lean forward to whisper again.

“Didn’t you miss me?”

Seohyun turn around to fully face the grinning tan girl, pressing her lips together to stop herself to smile. Seohyun composed herself then responded coldly, “NO.”

Yuri pouted then moved away from the younger girl. Jessica on the other hand is silently eyeing Yuri. It hurts to see Yuri being her old self to anybody but her, but what can she do? The only option she got that will not ruin everything is to stay quiet, and that’s what she’s doing now. Quietly eyeing Yuri being playful to anybody and worst Yuri didn’t even acknowledge her presence. 

“How are you Yuri?”

Yuri wink at Sunny then confidently answered, “Perfect as always.”

....................

Paaakk........

“Aish....Tae..” Yiri whine and ask Taeyeon’s help after Sunny smack her head again.

Jessica’s lips tag up, forming a small smile while eyeing Yuri’s childish actions. How she wish to see this side of Yuri again, even though she’s not the reason why Yuri became playful again it doesn’t matter because seeing Yuri like this is enough for Jessica.

Breathing deeply, Jessica stood up earning everyone’s attention and that includes Yuri’s.

“I just want to say sorry. Please, I’m begging you all, please give me second chance. Can we be friends again?”

Jessica nervously open and close her fingers  while waiting for a responds. Tiffany eyed Sunny and Seohyun, silently pleading to give Jessica a chance, after all everyone deserves a second chance. Sunny sigh loudly and stared at the nervous blonde girl then glance at Yuri.

“What?” Yuri ask rudely then scoot closer to Taeyeon.

“You didn’t do anything wrong to me Jess but can you promise me that I will never ever meet that B****h side of yours?”

Jessica nervously chuckle as she nod her head in responds. Seohyun cleared while Sunny stood up and hug the very obvious nervous girl.

“Thanks Sunny. Seo?”

“I didn’t think you are a enemy unnie.” Jessica smiled while pressing her lips tight to hold herself from breaking down. Yuri on the other hand is playing Taeyeon’s hand, ignoring the dramatic reunion.


After their lunch, they all said their goodbyes. Jessica felt proud of herself, at least she was able to patch up their misunderstanding all she have to do is persuade Yuri and Taeyeon. Looking at the tan girl playing Taeyeon’s hands, she decided to bravely ask Yuri to talk alone.

“What is it?”

“Are you going home tonight?”

“I don’t know.”

“Yul can we tell them that we are engage?”

“You said it yourself that no one should know about our relationship. In the first place, can we even call it a relationship?”

Jessica press her lips to stop it from shaking, while she blink her eyes a couple of times to stop the tears threatening to fall. Taking a deep breathe, Jessica softly and shortly responded. “I didn’t mean it that way.”

“Will it matter?”

“Of course, so they’ll know you are mine.” Jessica wanted to say it out loud but her tongue didn’t cooperate that she ended up mouth slightly agape that nothing came out even a soft whistle.

“I need to go now. Taeyeon is waiting for me.”

“Okay..please take care. I love you Yul.”

Yuri nod her head and hurriedly walk away from the blonde girl when accidentally sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter