Loving the imperfect you 12

Yulsic love stories..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“YURI! CALL AND AMBULANCE!” He roared realizing the looming darkness consuming him.

“What happened?” A quivering voice broke the lingering silence. Then she chuckle softly, feeling stupid asking a question she already know the answer.

The newly arrived look down, closed its eyes tight while clenching its fist.

“Why did Yuri stab herself? Answer me!” It was loud but minute after a roaring sobbing sound erupted.

“Isn’t our daughter enough Yeobo? Why you have to take my grand daughter away from me again? Why are you like this?---”

“I’m sorry---”

The older woman shook her head and push her husband away. “I forced my self to stay with you for the sake of Yuri and Boa. But after this?  I don’t understand why---”

“I want them to have a better future. A future with a capable partner---”

“Better? Capable partner? What’s the use of all of those when your daughter is dead? Your daughter is dead and now your granddaughter is hurt herself in front of you. When are you gonna stop? Why can’t you just accept that they have their own mind and life and that all we can do is guide them..but no, you don’t. You thought you are always right and I am at fault too because I let you feel that way or even worst encourage you to be that way.  I let you deal with our daughter which up until now, how I regretted that decision. Now? I can’t sit still and do nothing anymore. If you want to correct the mistakes in the past, set them free and just be right there for them when they are down. Don’t think you can manage their life like how you manage your business Yeobo. Now, you have to go through me before you can touch Yuri nor Boa anymore. Get out!”

“Honey---”

“OUT.” Mrs. Lee intently exclaimed, opening the door widely for the older man.

“Look, I know you are mad but we can get through th---”

“I don’t think so Mr. Lee because starting today, I am taking my daughter back.”

The older man turn around to face the intruder and mockingly chuckle.

“Very confident now Sangwoo? Do you even know what you are talking about? And who are you talking too?” he sternly uttered, conveying so much authority and anger in latter’s voice. 

The middle aged man bow his head towards the older woman then walk towards his daughter. Caressing the pale face of her daughter, the latter sigh sadly hen turn around to face the older man then gestured his man to take his daughter to the hospital.

“Mrs. Lee told me everything... I was really stupid before but like your wife said, even in my darkest time of my life, there’s still something to look forward too. And I just realize that now. I am taking back my family that you tried so hard to break. I am the head of this family from now on. Leave now before I forgot that you are still my wife father.” Sangwoo muttered with so much confidence in his voice that only the most stupid person on earth can’t see and felt it. Knowing everything, gained him the part of his self that she lost when he squeeze his self in this powerful family. 

With the tune that the older man use awhile ago, he would have shivered in fear and won’t even dare to go against the latter nor even talked back. That’s how little he thought about his self whenever he’s with the latter but now? After the older woman knocked some senses over him, he can’t let the dark past happened again right?

 He still have he’s daughters that he needs to protect from the real monster in his so called family. Before he thought that his daughters are safe and will have  a great life if he will leave the kids to their rich and powerful grandfather, oh how wrong he is.

The older man smirk and walk towards the middle aged man. Softly dusting Sangwoo’s black suit, Mr. Lee softly whispered. “Don’t be stupid and think you are someone now because of getting the President’s seat Sangwoo. I am still way over you---”

“I know.” Sangwoo butted in while nodding her head as he stared at the older man’s eyes. “You are the so called grand master of the secret organization that I am in but for this family. I am, Kwon Sangwoo the head of this family. I was your pawn for too long Mr. Lee, I think it’s best if we cut our ties from here on and don’t ever try to stab me on the back coz if you do. I will make sure that I will bring your organization down along with me---”

“He won’t Sangwoo, because if he do? I will be the one to put him in jail along with his people. If you don’t want this family to be happy and together Yeobo? I do! I’ve been a good wife to you but never been a good mother nor a grandmother. Let them be, you don’t want them anyway. You are only toying them.” Mrs. Lee butted in then softly tap Sangwoo’s right shoulder. Turning around to face her grand daughter as the men carrying the already awake tan girl out of the room.

“Get out of that group Sangwoo and give my grand daughters the life that their mother didn’t have. Power and money ruin the man I loved, don’t commit the same mistakes. You are lucky you still have the chance to do the right thing here, don’t mess it up. Did you hear me?”

Sangwoo bowed his head then beamed a smile. He can’t believe he is smiling right now for he thought he lost the ability to do so. “I promise Ma’am. Thank you for saving my daughter.” he responded softly. The older woman press her lips together as he took a deep breath. Turning around to face her stoic husband, she press her lips and stared at the man she spent her whole life with.

“If you still respect and love me, please leave them alone. Let them have the life that you denied to our daughter. Yuri may look like Hyuri but she’s not. You tried to correct our mistakes through Yuri but look what happened? She tried to kill herself for what Yeobo? You are trying hard to change your mistakes that you didn’t realize you just made it worst. You hurt her too much that she can’t bear it anymore. You, among all the people that she adore so much, is the one who betrayed her. I’m begging you, set them free coz if you don’t?! Like I said, you will face me." The older woman calmly uttered.

The older man sigh deeply while eyeing his wife. He has not seen his wife this sad, tired and so mad before that he doesn’t know how to retaliate nor handle this situation. Glancing at Sangwoo then to Yuri, the older man nod his head and left the room without saying anything. After making sure her husband is gone, the older woman set her tears free.

“Ma’am? Do you want to come with us?” Sangwoo asked. The older woman softly nod her head and the duo escorted  Yuri to the ambulance.

After everything was settled and the Doctor was able to treat the tan girl. The older lady wipe her tears immediately then turn around to face Sangwoo, beaming a tight smile, she cleared up .

“Take care of your family Sangwoo.You know that everyone is not as lucky as you to get a second chance. I don’t know what really happened but all I heard is Yuri was asking about her mother. It hurts me so much I can’t bear to stay there and listen. Promise me you will give them everything and make them happy. I’ll be around, I have to make sure that old man is not gonna do something stupid again.” Mrs. Lee chanted, patted Sangwoo’s shoulder then walk towards Yuri.

“Did you know everything?” Yuri weakly ask.

“Do you really have to stab yourself to make your point?” The older woman retaliated and softly slapping Yuri’s right shoulder. Sangwoo can only smile and keep his distance giving the duo space and time to talk.


“I’m a doctor Mama, I know what area to plunge in the knife that would not be fatal. Again, did you know?” Yuri asked again. The older woman softly nod her head and sat down on the edge of the bed facing the tan girl.

“I know what your Papa did was really wrong but find in your heart to forgive him. Too much hate will never do you any good. We will always have our own reasons why we do things Yuri that most people around us can’t understand but we do it anyway because we thought its the right thing to do. Yes, I learned everything when you turned 3 years old. I was hurt but I can’t find strength to leave you and your sister behind so I stayed but up until now I carry the guilt of not able to protect your mom from the person whom I thought will protect us too. When your mom died, I saw him broken and lost too that’s why I never thought that he was involved. I only know it’s your father’s group and that’s why I hated your father before. too” The older woman narrated and apologically smiled at the middle aged man.

“You made it up Ma’am by knocking some senses on me that now I see the chance that God have given me. And that I am very thankful.” Sangwoo responded and stood beside Yuri’s bed.

“I’m going to rest.” Yuri muttered and immediately close her eyes not even waiting for the older one’s to respond.


“Please stay strong Yuri. Mama love you so much Baby.” The older woman once again set her tears free, caressing and pressing her trembling lips against Yuri’s forehead.
 
 “Ma’am please remember you are always welcome to our house. I’m pretty sure this kid will be looking for you. Thank you again for everything.” Sangwoo said and kneeled in front of the older woman. Mrs. Lee smiled then tap Sangwoo’s shoulder and gestured the young man to stand up.

“Thank you. I have to go to settle some things.” The older woman said then went back to her grand daughter and peck Yuri’s cheeks then lovingly caresses Yuri’s face.

One month past..


Yoona sat beside Yuri who’s been looking blankly at the crowded hallway. Sighing loudly, the younger one face her dear friend.

“Yul, until when are you gonna ignore her?” She muttered with so much enthusiasm in her voice with a little hint of sarcasm in her tone. Yuri sadly smiled then quietly played the straw in her drinks.

“For what Yoong? I can’t protect her because I am weak.”

“No, you are not Yul.”

“I wanted to hurt him so much, the same pain that I felt that time. I want him to regret everything he did by seeing me in that state, stupid me. In the end, I still ended up the loser while he is nowhere now, probably happy, celebrating or expanding his business. With Jessica being with me only putting her at risk Yoong. Why can’t you all understand that?” Yuri sadly uttered. Pushing her drinks away, Yuri buried her face on the table, to hide the pain, disappointment, embarrassment and anger she felt.

Yoona flick her tongue then softly caressing Yuri’s back.

“Someone told me before that pain can make us stronger, wiser, tougher and most importantly make us felt a human again.Success, money, fame and everything else makes us forget that we are all human. Come on Yul, we may don’t know where’s Papa now but do we really need to know? Why can’t we focus on what we have now and what we can do tomorrow? Like Jessica Unnie, right?”

Yuri looked up and meet Yoona’s bright eyes.

“She’s safe if we are apart Yoong!” Yuri sternly said.

Yoona shook her head then mockingly eyeing the older woman. Bitting her lips trying to hold herself but then seeing her other older friends walking towards where they are sitting, Yoona grab Yuri’s drink and successfully earning the tan girl’s attention. She needs to do this!

“I never knew you are this coward Yul. You are indeed weak. I don’t know who’s better, your stupid, ignorant father or you? A fu**  coward and uses such an alibi to cover up how and weakling you are. I guess you are right in one thing. Jessica unnie is safe not because of your Papa but from you.  ” Yoona muttered in a matter-fact tone, slamming her both hands on the table and stood up leaving the speechless tan girl. 

Yuri scratch her head then chuckle softly. She was taking aback of Yoona’s outburst but what can she do? Nothing.

“Hey, what happened?” Taeyeon muttered and eyed the retreating figure of Yoona.

“Nothing, just catching up.” Yuri responded and grab her food. Taeyeon eyed the other girl behind her then eyed the very preserved tan girl.

“Where’s Yoona going?” Hyoyeon curiously asked not buying Yuri’s story.

Yuri eyed her food then push it away from her. Taking a deep breathe, she then eyed her two curious friends.

“I can’t be with Jessica coz I’m just putting her at risk. Why can’t all of you understand---”

“We do Yul! We understand your point here , what we don’t understand is why are you pushing us away? We felt like you wanted to be alone yet yearning for a friend or someone to talk too. You push Jessica away but you’re crying every night for her. This is not the Yuri we knew and grow up with. You were carefree, a little selfish, a woman before but not this petrified, distrustful and hopeless woman that I am facing right now. Way worse than a woman ! What happened to you?” Hyoyeon mumbled, eyeing the lifeless tan girl in front of her.

“You said she’s safe without you, have you seen her lately? How messed up she is? She’s miserable because of you. Pushing her away and being a again is definitely not keeping her safe Yul. It’s sad, that now, it’s not your grandfather who hurting Jessica, it’s you. In this situation, Jessica needs to stay away from you not because of your grandfather but you, yourself Yul.” Taeyeon supported Hyoyeon and is trying to make some senses to their friend.

Yuri chuckle and eyed her best friend in disbelief. How funny and annoying to hear her friends telling her the same thing over and over again.

“Really? After you three slanderously told everyone that I have AIDS and my mind is not stable just to shooed away all those women, did I say anything to you guys? No, I didn’t. So don’t fu*** act like you all are some kind of  angels and holy coz we are just the same. Thank you for this food.” Yuri angrily push her food then stood up, leaving her two friends sadly sighing while looking at Yuri.

“Was it too much?” Hyoyeon quietly asked. Taeyeon flick her tongue loudly then shook her head in response.

“I think that was an improvement. She finally let out what she really feels. One step at time, I guess.” Taeyeon blurt out her observation then turn to her side and beamed a tight smile.

“Up with another session with Yuri again next week?” Hyoyeon playfully asked. Taeyeon loudly chuckle then nod her head at the end.

Two weeks past..

Jessica is sulking once again upon hearing Yuri is going on a date.

“Why can’t you go on a date too?” Sunny blurted out then eyed Tiffany wearing a “What?” look.

Pouting her lips, Jessica then face her two best friends. “That will only make things worst. She’s just troubled right now---”

“Until when are you gonna understand her stupidity? Jessica, show her what she lost, okay? And that’s by being happy and is dating someone. Heck you can go back with Donghae for all I care just not that moron Yuri.” Sunny chimed and drag her lifeless friend in front of the mirror.

“Happy? I am only happy when I am with Yuri.” Jessica whispered but enough for her two best friend to hear.

Tiffany push Sunny then walked towards the agonizing blonde girl.

“Or you can take a rest. How about we go take a vacation? No dates just us. How’s that sound?” Tiffany softly muttered, lovingly caressing Jessica’s back.

“Is your Tae tae okay with that idea?” Sunny interjected and mockingly raise her brows. Tiffany scoff and throws a pillow towards the mean woman then softly whispered, “Ignore her Jessie..”

“Oh!!!! Speaking of the devil...Hi Taeng..” Sunny took the call, ignoring the roaring complaints of her loud friend.

“Sunny? Hi Sunny, can I talk to Jessica?” Taeyeon responded..

Taeyeon-Bold, Jessica- Italic, Tiffany- Bold and Italic and Sunny underlined.

“Oh..that breaks my heart. You don’t want to talk to me? Fine, I get it.”

“Aaww Sunny, too old for that act---”

“Shut up midget!”

Tiffany immediately grab her phone away from her roaring best friend then greeted her lover.

“Hi Tae Tae ignore her. How are you?”

“Hi Fany-ah... I miss you.”

“Me too. What are you doing now?”

“Hmmm, just chillin’ in my office. Where’s Jessica?”

“Tae if it's bad please---”

“Don’t worry, it’s not.”

“You know I am really close of beheading your stupid friend?”

“I know love. I am too you know but please stretch out your patience with Yuri, she’s just overwhelmed with everything that happened.”

“Yeah..yeah..excuses again. I have something to talk to you so don’t hang up after talking to Jessie okay?”

“Yes, my Angel..”

“Aish..Shush..hehe..”

“Hi Taeng..”

“Jessica! How are you?”

“What now Taeng?”

“Well, how long was it since you saw Yuri?”

“Why?”

“Just asking..”

“I don’t know, like 2 months now.”

“Good. How about you go buy some new clothes and go to a salon.”

“Why?”

“Hyoyeon has a great idea and I think this might work.”

“And what is that?”

“You remember the first time you meet Yuri?”

“Why? I don’t even know if she remembers it.”

“Yeah? Fany said Yuri kissed you and that’s how it all started.”

“I begged her countless times and cried in front of her like a moron, how sure you are that kissing her will work?”

“Yuri thought that being away from you is the only way keeping you safe since we don’t know where’s her Papa is. Now, we finally knew where her grandfather is and we got an assurance that he’ll leave you and Yuri alone. So? Wanna give it a try?”

“I don’t know!”

“Yoona is setting Yuri in a date this coming Sunday at SM Mall around 3 in the afternoon. So we thought, if you can pop out of no where and do the same thing Yuri did before. Kiss her! Remind her who you really are to her.”

“You set Yuri a date?"

“Well..you see...I...aahhmmm..that...I mean.... that was part of the plan Jes...sica."

“I don’t know Taeng."

“Come on Jessica."

“................"
A long silence roared at both line. After some time, Taeyeon flick her tongue loudly then nod her head as if the latter at the other end can see her.

“Got it. We’ll find another way. Can I talk to Tiffany?”

“Hey...”

“Hey to you too...”

“Tae tae, I’ll call you back okay?”

“Okay, I love you.”

“I love you too Tae.”

After dropping the call, Taeyeon turned around to face her two best friend.

“Guess we need another plan!” Hyoyeon loudly exclaimed then went ahead and sat down on the couch.

“We need a new plan really fast coz I just got a confirmation from the girl we set up for Yuri this weekend. Two days left guys.” Yoona frustratedly said.

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon rolled their eyes from the younger woman then loudly sigh.

“How about we set Jessica a date too at the same place and time where Yuri is on a date?”

The trio eyed the taller girl then smirk.

“And we have to make sure that whoever is Jessica’s date can beat up Yuri’s fu*** ego and knock some senses on our stupid friend. I know and it’s clear that Yuri is still in love with Jessica. Just a little push will be okay, but it has to be the perfect push so it will work.”

The trio is now giggling while nodding their heads, totally agreeing at the latter‘s idea. Grabbing her glass of water, Yoona then glance at the taller woman. “Soo, is Papa really gonna keep her words?” She worriedly exclaimed. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon nod their heads too and is waiting for Sooyoung’s responds.

Sitting in front of her friends, the taller girl let out a heavy sigh and nod her head.

“After what happened to Yuri, her grandmother made sure that the older man is definitely keeping its distance from Yuri. Uncle Sangwoo is doing its best too to keep Boa Unnie and Yuri safe from their own grandfather so, yeah, he doesn’t have much choice but to leave Yuri alone.” Sooyoung clearly explained.

The trio nod their heads after hearing Sooyoung’s explanation.

“And Jessica?” Taeyeon followed up Yoona’s question.

Sooyoung press her lips to stop herself from grinning. After composing herself, she then looked up and eyed her suspicious friends.

“ Well as you all know, I am Kwon Sang woo’s secretary okay and also Yuri’s secret advisor, confidant and you can also say her secretary too but anyway. I’ll put it this way, Yuri is more like spending all her energy, money and time to make sure Jessica is well and safe.”

“We know that!” Hyoyeon rolled her eyes from the boastful woman. It sounded like Sooyoung is the only one who knows everything which is, it’s still a question actually.

“Did you know that Yuri’s father likes Jessica for Yuri?”

“Yeah..duh..” Hyoyeon lied, don’t want to look like a fool and a loser in front of the arrogant taller friend.

“Really?” Sooyoung clealy taunting the smaller woman. Yoona and Taeyeon is already giggling knowing Hyoyeon is about to go down but will the latter just gonna let it happened?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter