I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE ONE. SERIOUSLY. I'VE REALIZED THAT BEING A PARENT IS REALLY FUN.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Oh!”

“Jiyong?” Clarise said in surprise.

Well, I’m more surprised than her actually. Clarise is holding a baby in her arms while feeding it. I don’t know, but my heart beat so fast upon seeing that. An old woman was with her and she looks so warm and welcoming for she was smiling upon seeing me.

“Hey” I greeted “Good Morning”

“Good Morning” the old woman greeted back.

“Morning honey!” Clarise greeted with a smile on her face.

Yes, she’s smiling, but I can feel and I know so well that she’s just trying to give me a happy mood. I can see pain and grief in her eyes. I hate seeing her like this but I can’t do anything.

“uhmm…Jiyong…this is Nana…she’s my nanny ever since I was a baby…and Nana…this is Jiyong…my fiancée” she introduced and the old woman gasped in shock.

“Oh my! You’re the man that Clarise has been talking about!” Nana said cheerfully and I smiled shyly at her.

“I hope she’s telling you good things” I joked and they laughed.

“Don’t worry…she is…I’m actually happy that you’re here and I’ve already met you…I’ve got to thank you for loving our baby girl” she said and I looked at Clarise and she smiled at me.

“Actually…I’m complementing and bragging about you so much” Clarise said and I chuckled.

Nana stayed with us for a long time, she told me stories about Clarise and once again, I’m happy because I’m knowing her more. I’ve realized that Clarise grew up in a family that is really messed up and somehow chaotic, but the people that she grew up with are great people, no wonder she is also wonderful.

“I’m going to leave you guys first...I still got a lot to do downstairs…Clarise…do you want me to take Carol already?” Nana asked her and she shook her head.

“She’s fine here…I’ll just call you if she cries or if I need anything” she answered and I looked at the baby and a smile appeared on my face.

This feels weird, for Clarise and I are in one room together with a baby.

“So…you’re already here” she said and I just stared at her.

“Jiyong!” she called out and it brought me back to my senses.

“What?” I asked and she patted the empty space beside her.

“Come here” she said and I transferred from my seat to her bed.

“How are you?” I asked.

“I’m fine?” she answered unsurely.

I don’t know but we suddenly became awkward. Silence embraced the room and all I did was stare at her while she’s playing with her baby sister. Watching her smile and making funny faces just to entertain the baby is really a magical moment for me. Now, I can see that being a mother is natural to her.

“You’re going to be a good mom” I said out of the blue and she looked at me in surprise.

“You think so?” she asked and I went closer to her and the baby.

“I do…this scene is really overwhelming” I told her and she leaned in for a kiss.

“Ah! I forgot to introduce you to Carol…my cute baby sister” she said and I smiled at the baby and held her hand.

I don’t know what I did but the moment I smiled at her, she gave out this hearty giggle which made us laugh.

“Looks like you’ve got yourself another fan” Clarise said and I chuckled.

“She’s beautiful” I said.

“Wanna hold her?” she asked and I shook my head right away.

“Honey…I don’t know how to carry a baby…she might fall or something” I said and she rolled her eyes at me.

“Kwon Jiyong…she won’t break or anything…after all…you need to learn how to hold a baby as early as now so that you know what to do once we have our own already” she said and I sighed.

Clarise showed me how to lift the baby from the bed and the right way to carry her. My heart was pounding and I feel like a first time dad who is just learning how to be one.

“There you go” Clarise said when I lifted the baby up.

“You have to support her head the most” she said as I settled the baby in my arms.

“You look so cute honey!” she said and I smirked.

“If you can only hear my heart right now...you’ll surely flip out” I told her and she laughed.

“I love what I’m seeing…you’ll be the most handsome dad…wait…I’ll take a picture of you” she said and went to get her camera.

“Face her on this side” she instructed and I moved a little to the side.

“You’re so stiff honey! Why are you so nervous? You’re doing a great job” she said and I smirked.

After a few shots, the atmosphere seemed to change from being awkward to being lovely. Carol is really a sweet baby and I can see a little resemblance of her and Clarise. Honestly, I feel like we’re already a family for the warmth and loving feeling is there.

                                                                          

 

“Wow Carol! You’ve been giggling a lot!” Clarise told her when she giggled again.

“Where’s her mother?” I asked and Clarise hissed.

“She’s left in Nana’s care…her mom seems to be living a single life…she doesn’t give a damn on her at all…actually…I can see myself in Carol…we’re born with wealth but nobody gives a damn on us” she said and I sighed.

“Honey…don’t say that…if you’re going to look at it…there are a lot of people who loves you…just take Grandpa for example…he was always there for you since you were young…same goes with your mom…your brothers…Trish…and me….and now…Carol already has someone who cares and loves her…and that is you” I told her and she kissed the baby’s forehead.

“I really don’t know what to do without you…I’m so glad that you’re already here…thank you honey” she said and I leaned in for a kiss.

Now I understand why she cares so much for Carol. I also got to see a different side of her, she’s so soft and totally fragile, but is truly a fighter.

“You know what? I can already imagine you being a dad…before…whenever I think about you taking care of a baby…I will always end up laughing because I have a feeling that it won’t fit you…but I guess I’m wrong…you look more handsome and soft with a baby in your arms” she told me and I chuckled.

“Actually…I’m feeling the same way as well…I can’t imagine myself as a father before…but now that I’m holding a baby…I can say that I’m ready to be one already” I said and she smiled at me.

“I can’t wait to have one…seriously…I’ve realized that being a parent is really fun” she said and I stared at her.

“We’ll make one later...don’t worry” I said in a teasing way and she pushed my face away.

“Don’t talk about making one right now…my sister is here so we need to be as innocent as her” she said and I laughed so hard that made Carol giggle once again.

Clarise and I are enjoying our time while taking care of Carol. The whole room is now full of laughter and all you can hear from us are coo’s and I can proudly say that I can make a baby smile and giggle in just a snap. I guess my charisma is not only for teens and noona’s, it can also reach kids and even babies.

“Come in!” Clarise shouted when we heard someone knock on the door.

“Hey little girl!” mom greeted and she was also shocked upon seeing the baby.

“Is she your baby sister?” mom asked excitedly.

“Yes mom” Clarise answered and mom got Carol from her.

“She’s really beautiful” she said in awe.

“Even mom looks like a real grandmother already” I said and they laughed.

“Actually…if I didn’t know you guys…and I happen to see the three of you somewhere…I’ll mistake you as a family…when I saw the two of you playing with this baby…I can’t help but be emotional…you both give a parent aura

Please log in to read the full chapter