RIGHT NOW, JIYONG IS A STRANGER TO ME.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“OK little girl…we don’t have time for your jokes….cut it out now” mom said and I looked at her in confusion.

“Mom…I’m serious” I told her and silence fills the room.

What is wrong with this people? Why are they acting so weird? Am I losing my mind already?

“Clarise…are you sure this is not a prank?” Charles asked and I smirked.

“You guys are really weird right now…you asked me questions…I answered it all honestly…what’s going on?” I asked and mom gasped.

“I’m gonna call the doctor” she said and ran out.

I don’t know what’s going on and I can’t understand why they don’t believe me. I mean, I’m just being true to them and I answered their questions honestly.

“Clarise…can you tell me what happened before your accident?” the doctor asked.

“I can’t remember anything…sorry” I answered.

“Do you know where you are?” she asked again.

“Obviously…I’m in the hospital… in Korea” I answered and she nods.

“Do you know these people? Are they familiar to you?” she asked while pointing at my mom, Trish and Charles.

“Yes…they’re my family” I answered and sighed.

The doctor asked me gazillion questions and some of them doesn’t even make sense, like what color is this or how old are you. I don’t know what’s happening to me but what I do know is that something is not going right, that’s why my family is acting this way.

“Well…the test results show that your daughter has traumatic amnesia….it’s a state of confusion that occurs immediately following a traumatic brain injury….this is where a patient can’t remember events that happened in the past although they can remember things that happened long years ago…Clarise is actually living in the year two thousand nine…all she can remember are the events of that year and the past years before that….but she can’t remember anything that happened this year or last year” the doctor explained.

Well, they told me that it’s already two thousand and twelve. I got shocked when they told me that because I have planned so many things to do this year and I’m wishing that I’ve done it already before my accident.

“But is she still going to regain her memory?” mom asked and I waited for the doctor’s response.

“Some patients with the same case as your daughter regains their memory after a few months or years….but some really don’t” she answered and I sighed.

Why is that after hearing what the doctor said, I felt like I’m lost? How will I be able to go back to the normal me if I can’t even remember a lot of things?

“Mom…why am I here in Korea?” I asked right after the doctor left.

“Well…you ran away from your dad...you knocked on Charles’s door one day and shocked him when you said that you ran away from home” mom answered and I smirked.

“That’s right…you shocked the hell out of me and even used Aunty’s identity for dad not to be able to track you” Charles said and I looked at him in awe.

Oh gosh! I cannot believe that I did that! I mean, I’m like my dad’s little puppet and he’s so strict to me. Of course, I rebel around and do things that are totally against his rules, but I can’t believe that I was able to run away from home without him knowing where I was.

“Seriously…I am going crazy because of all this running away and stealing mom’s identity thing” I told them and they laughed.

“No…YOU made us all crazy!” Trish said and I laughed.

“How long have I been staying here?” I asked.

“Nearly a year…you’ve been messing my life for almost a year now” Charles answered and we laughed.

“Oh c’mon Charles…we both know that your life is already a mess even before I came here” I .

“Well yes…but it became more twisted and messy…gosh! If you only know how my head aches whenever you’re up to something stupid” he said and I smirked.

“It’s actually good that I end up here…I mean…I’ve been planning to run away from home long time ago although Korea is not on my hiding list at least I’ve got someone to watch over and protect me…thanks lovely brother!” I told them and mom sighed.

“Mom…I know that I’m really a stupid girl and I’m so sure that I’ve worried you BIGTIME…I’m sorry for that” I said and she hugged me.

“Actually…you changed a lot here…so your whole running away thing is also good” she told me and it made me more curious.

“Changed?” I asked.

“Yes…you changed three hundred sixty degrees nippy” Trish said and I chuckled.

“I wonder why?” I asked and they just smiled.

I hate being me right now. Actually, I don’t want to be in this situation, I want my memory to come back already. I don’t want to be stuck in the past and it just because I feel like I don’t know myself anymore.

Mom, Trish and Charles left me for a few minutes to eat. I was wheeled into a normal room already and I’m so thankful that I’m out of that boring ICU. Thing is, I can’t find any shows on the television that I can relate to, for I can’t understand Korean or maybe I know how to speak a little but of course, because of this freakin amnesia, it was erased from my mind together with a lot of memories.

“Oooohhh…hot guys” I said when I saw a Korean boy band performing.

                                                                                                       

 

I wonder if I ever dated someone here in Seoul. OK. Clarise! Why are you asking that question? I mean, you know so well that you can’t live without some boy toy so most probably than not, you have broken some heart’s already.

“Seriously…why do they look like girls?” I asked.

Gosh! This Korean band really looks so cool. They got a lot of swag in them, thing is, they look like girls especially the one with one sided long hair that is colored yellow.

                                                                 

 

“We’re back!” Trish said and I looked at them and smiled.

“Oh gosh!” she said while looking at the television.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing…it’s just that…you’re watching Big Bang” she said.

“Is there something wrong with it?” I asked and mom sat next to me in bed and rubbed my back gently.

“Nothing’s wrong with it little girl…actually…that band is really special to you” mom said and I looked at her curiously.

OK. I don’t know why they’re special to me, but it is amazing to know that I know a Korean band. Maybe I’ve dated one of them, or two of them. Whatever!

“And why is that?” I asked.

“Well…your fiancée is the leader of that band” mom answered and I looked at her in shock.

Did I hear her right? Did my mom just say the word “fiancée?” Ok. This is making me crazier and I don’t even know what to react.

“OK…I can see that you’re super shocked” Charles said and I’m still frozen in my place.

“Who wouldn’t be shocked Charles…I mean…you guys know me…I don’t stick around a guy for so long” I told him and I looked at my hand and saw a ring on my ring finger.

Oh gosh! This is really not a joke. I’m damn sure that this is an engagement ring and in all fairness to whoever my fiancée is, he knows how to choose a ring for it’s really beautiful and it shouts millions.

“Seriously mom…I’m already engaged?” I asked and she nods.

“OK…you want some proof?” Trish asked.

“Yes?” I said answered unsurely.

Trish got her phone and showed a picture of me and a guy. Well, it really looks like I’m really into this guy because we’re kissing in t

Please log in to read the full chapter