I'M ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU HONEY.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

(1 week ago)

It’s been a week since Clarise’s grandfather and brothers accepted me as part of their family and ever since that day, we are calling and meeting each other whenever I have time. Clarise is really happy with what’s happening to us now for her worries has faded and her heart is just so full of love. I am happy as well, because I can see that she’s contented and fulfilled already. The thing that I wish now is for this peacefulness to last and that we can push through with the wedding as soon as possible.

“Hi Grandpa!” I greeted upon seeing him.

Grandpa called this morning and invited me for lunch coz he has something important to tell me and even though I’m busy, I took some time off from work to meet him. I have learned a lot from him and he’s been teaching me things that can really help me in the future.

“Jiyong….Take a sit” he said.

“Grandpa…how are you feeling today?” I asked.

“I’m fine although breathing is becoming harder as days pass by…it seems like my lungs are really giving up on me already” he said and it really worried me.

“Grandpa…please don’t say that…if Clarise is here and she hears what you just said…I’m sure that she will go mad and we will not be happy with that” I told him and he laughed.

“Actually…you guys are really thinking positively about my condition now and as much as I’m trying to be positive as well…my body is telling me a different thing…Jiyong…I know that my end is near…I may not last for six months..and my grandchildren knows that…I am getting worst as time pass by” he said and  sadness embraced my whole being.

I don’t know what to do or say to him anymore. I know that he is in pain and no matter how we comfort and tell him that everything’s going to be fine, he will still think about his near end because he, himself is feeling it already.

“Anyway…Jiyong…how are you?” Grandpa asked, changing the topic.

“Well…it’s still the same…we’re rehearsing everyday for our upcoming concert and recording for a new album…it’s tiring and totally draining…but I’m good…I’m used to it” I answered and he smirked.

“It must be hard…huh? Not to mention that you have a wife waiting for you at home” he said and I nod.

“It is really hard…I actually feel sad for Clarise because she’s experiencing this already…as much as I want to be with her every second…I can’t…my work is really eating most of my time…and there are times where we just see each other in the office because at home…whenever I arrive…she’s already sleeping…and when she’s awake…I’m the one who’s sleeping…our schedules are not meeting in the middle at all” I told him and he chuckled.

“It’s funny…my wife and I are exactly like you guys…I was so busy with the company while she’s at home taking care of the kids…I’ve forgotten about her and got so absorbed with my career..then one day…she came up to me and told me that she’s declaring a war between us already…it’s a good thing that Clarise is understanding…and she’s not so sensitive like her Grandma” he said and I laughed.

“As a matter of fact Grandpa…there are times when I feel like she’s about to explode already…good thing she’s also busy nowadays…her attention is not only at me…but to her work as well” I said and he nods.

“I still can’t believe it…she’s working! I’m telling you…before…no matter how we tell her to work…she won’t even listen and now…she’s so into it and will soon have a promotion” he said and I smiled.

Well, what can I say? She’s THE DRAGON’s girl, it’s not doubt that she’s good in everything that she do.

“I have a strong feeling that she will get that promotion” I said.

“I feel the same thing as well…my granddaughter has my blood…success is really in her system” he said and I nod in agreement.

It is true. Each member of their family is successful in their own careers, all of them are professionals and experts in their own rights and it’s really amazing.

Grandpa and I talked about Clarise and our plans for the future. He’s really impressed on how we’ve organized things these early. He’s more excited than us actually and I can see in his eyes how happy he is.

“Jiyong…I want to talk to you about an important thing” he started and I waited for him to continue.

“You know so well that I’m leaving all my properties to Clarise…including my company…it’s a huge thing which I’ve founded with her Grandma decades ago...we shed blood and sweat just for that company to be possible….it was made out of love and hope….we were able to give our family a luxurious life…our grandchildren grew up comfortably…with golden spoons in their mouths….and it’s all because of that company and the people in it…the reason why I’m telling you this is that…I want to ask for your help” he said and I looked at him curiously.

“Anything Grandpa” I said.

“The company is really important to me…it’s like my fourth child…and I don’t want all my efforts and sacrifices to be wasted…we know so well that Clarise doesn’t want to take over the company…she’s been so vocal about it since day one…but I still keep on convincing her…why? Because I know that she deserves to be the owner of my company….her Grandma and I have agreed upon this a long time ago already…maybe you’re wondering…why do I keep on pushing this to her when I still have my kids and grandchildren to take over…the thing is…Clarise is the only person who is not hungry for power…for money…she’s so down to earth and pure…her intelligence can bring this empire to places…and now that she has found a partner…and that’s you young man” he said and pointed at me and I smiled at him “I’m more than eager to give my beloved company to the two of you” he said  and my mind went blank.

Is he telling me that he’s handing us his company and would like us to run it? I don’t know, but this man owns big things and they are no joke. He’s got a lot, and taking over a company that is so big and successful can really be intimidating and overwhelming. First of all, Clarise doesn’t want to handle this because it will just start a fire, a war between her and the whole family. Most of them wanted Grandpa’s wealth. Our lives will be so complicated once we agreed to this.

“Grandpa…I can really understand you…I know how much you love your company for you gave all your life to it…but…Clarise has reasons as to why she doesn’t want to take it…and I think that I’m not the right person to talk to her about this…yes…she will listen to me…but at the end of the day…she will listen to her heart more than me” I said and he sighed.

“I know…but…I’m desperate…I don’t want anyone to handle my business…it’s just you or Clarise…Charles can also be a part of it…OK…how about this…make business with me…I’ll partner you in whatever you want…in this way…you and Clarise will still be inside the company….and with the both of you being there…I’ll be having a peace of mind” he said and I think deeply.

A business? Well, I’m planning to enter the field of business but I’m not that sure if I can handle it knowing that Grandpa will be partnering me on it.

“I’m honored Grandpa…but I’m not that sure if I can make it work…I mean…music is really my forte and if I’m making a business…it will be something that connects to it” I said and he nods.

“Well then…let’s team up in a music label!” he said confidently and I looked at him in surprise.

It really looks like Grandpa is eager about this for he’s willing to venture into something that is not in his field of expertise.

“That’s a good idea Grandpa…but I’m not planning to make it possible now…I still have my career and I still need to learn how certain things work…after all…I’m still young” I said.

“You see…age doesn’t matter when it comes to business...honestly…your youth can be an asset…a great advantage” he said and I sighed.

“I can see your point…but…I’m under a contract with YG Entertainment and I can’t compete with the company that made my dreams come true…If I’m going to make a new label…I’ll make sure that it’ll not affect YG…that’s why I’m planning to establish a company in another country or I’ll just buy shares or invest in YG” I told him and he just smiled at me.

“Then…call your boss now and tell him that I want to set an appointment…we will talk about this upcoming label already” he said and I looked at him in shock.

After lunch, we head to the YG building to

Please log in to read the full chapter