I AM THAT SOMEONE WHO CAN PROTECT YOU.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

OK. I don’t know what to react with this sudden news right now. I’m having troubles with believing it for I know that Eun ae can just make it up and act like she committed suicide or something, but on the other hand, the fact that she was brought to the hospital is enough to tell me that it is true.

“Seriously?” I said in disbelief.                                                                                   

“Yes! Tabi just called me minutes ago to tell the news” she said and I sighed.

“What did she do?” I asked curiously.

“Well…what her parents told sajangnim is…she drank some pills with high dosage…they just found her inside her room unconscious and with a bubbly mouth” she answered and from there, my mind swoon for I cannot believe that she’s capable of doing this to herself.

“OK…I’ll tell Jiyong about this” I told her.

“Nippy…this will really give you and Jiyong some problems…once this goes out of the media…it will start total chaos” she said and I sighed.

“I don’t know what to do now…honestly…I don’t want to tell Jiyong about this coz I know that he’s just going to feel guilty…he will blame himself again and he will just feel miserable” I told her.

I know that it is impossible for Jiyong to not know anything about this, but I’m pretty sure that he’s going to blame everything to himself again and it will just break his heart to see his close friend in that hospital bed hanging on the last thread of life.

“Nippy…he will know about it even if you’ll not tell him…so better prepare yourself for another challenge…don’t worry…I know that Jiyong will pass through this easily…after all…she’s not dead” Trish said and I suddenly felt nervous when I heard the word dead.

What will we do if she dies? I mean, that will be a different story. If she happens to die, I will surely be guilty as well for if it weren’t for me, she will still be living in her fantasy as Jiyong’s girlfriend.

“Honey” I called when I entered his room.

“Clarise” he said and from the way he looks, I know that he knows the news already.

“Trish called me…she…s…she told me that…Eun ae is in…the hospital…because she committed s…suicide” I stuttered and he sighed.

“I know…YG hyung called me already and said the exact same thing” he said and I went to him and hugged him.

“Honey…I know that this is hard…but please…don’t feel so bad about it” I told him and he looked at me with pain in his eyes.

“How can I not feel bad about it? I’m the reason why she did this” he said and tears started pooling in his eyes.

I don’t know why I’m feeling anger inside me. I hate seeing Jiyong in this miserable situation and I can’t do anything about it. I know that no matter how many encouraging words I tell him, he will not feel good at all. This just shows that Eun ae will fight for him till the end.

“I want to go to the hospital” he said after a long silence and I just stared at him.

“I just can’t stay here while she’s fighting for her life” he continued and I sighed.

“OK…I’ll go with you” I said and he shook his head.

“No…you just stay here with the kids…I can handle this” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“Jiyong…I’m not going to let them put all the blame on you…I’m so sure that her family will just point a finger at you for doing this to Eun ae…I wanna go with you coz I’ll be the one protecting you this time” I told him and he sighed.

“Honey…this is all my fault…so it’s just fine with me if her family will scold or be angry at me” he said and I looked at him in disbelief.

“Are you insane? Jiyong! This whole thing isn’t your fault…fine! You are the reason why she did this…we all know it….but…she can just move on with her life and accept that she’s not really for you…killing herself isn’t the answer to her pain…committing suicide is like putting yourself in hell” I said and he pulled me down to his lap and a smile appeared on his face.

I have a point, right? Committing suicide is really the most stupid thing that a human being can do. I mean, why kill yourself just because of one problem that can surely be solved in just a snap? Fine! A heartbreak isn’t easy to cure, but she can just shift her attention to her work or to anything else.

“I love you so much” he said while burying his face on my hair.

“I love you too…don’t feel bad about it now…seeing you miserable is killing me” I told him and he hugged me tight.

And with that, we have decided to go to the hospital in the middle of the night. We left the kids with mom and I know that once they wake up without us beside them, they will cry their eyes out again.

As we near Eun ae’s hospital room, my heart began beating so fast and I feel like it’s already going out of my body. I don’t know what will happen once Eun ae’s family sees Jiyong and me.

“Oh! Why are you here?” a man asked.

“I’m sorry Sir…I’m here to see Eun ae” Jiyong answered and I can feel tension in the air.

“You should’ve not come…we don’t want to see you here” he said.

I don’t know why my blood started to boil right after he said that. Can’t he just be grateful that Jiyong is here to visit his stupid daughter? Didn’t he know that it takes a real man to show up in these kinds of situation?

“Just leave! Our daughter became so miserable because of you! You’re lucky coz nothing bad happened to her…because if she happens to die…you will surely spend your whole life in misery and I’ll make sure that you’ll pay for this” Eun ae’s dad said and I let go of Jiyong’s hand and went in front of the man.

“Look old man…Jiyong went here not to fight with you…he came here to see if your daughter is fine…there’s no need for you to be rude to him or anything” I said and he looked at me from head to toe.

“So you are the girl that snatched away Jiyong from my daughter…huh?” he asked in a co

Please log in to read the full chapter