IF I HAVE TO SACRIFICE A LOT JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY, I WILL.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Clarise!” a familiar voice called out.

“Jiyong?” I said in shock when I saw him running towards me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Charles hyung called ….and told me about your Grandpa” he answered and I hugged me while crying.

“I don’t know what to do anymore Jiyong…Grandpa has only six months to live…that’s too short to even accept us or forgive me” I told him in between sobs.

“Honey…look at me” he said and cupped my face with both hands “Your Grandpa will fight this illness…he will…remember when you told me that he’s a strong man? I’m so sure that he will overcome this…and his life will be extended for more years” he said.

“What if he’s tired of fighting? Just imagining how much pain he’s been through is enough to make me weak and guilty…he got an attack because of me…if I didn’t treat him rudely…he wouldn’t get mad and he will not bottle it up inside him…I’m the one to blame for this” I said and he hugged me tightly.

“It’s not your fault…it’s nobody’s fault” he said.

I don’t know why, but I’ve realized that dad is right. I am the one to blame for all this because if I didn’t run away from home, they wouldn’t worry about me and we will not be in this situation now.

“Jiyong!” Charles called when he saw us in the lobby.

“Hyung” he said.

“What are you doing here?” he asked nervously.

“Why? What’s the matter?” I asked.

“Clarise…if dad sees Jiyong…it will be a big problem” Charles answered.

“Hyung…I’m sorry…I know that I’m not supposed to be here…it’s just that…I’m worried about Clarise…that’s why I came to check on her” Jiyong answered and I intertwined my fingers to his.

“What is that man going to do with Jiyong if he sees him? Huh? Kill him?” I asked and they both looked at me in disbelief.

I swore to myself that from now on, I don’t have a father already. I will erase him from my mind because he’s such an evil human being and I really would want if he’s the one lying in bed instead of my Grandpa.

“I’ll go now…I don’t want to cause any more trouble” Jiyong told me and I stopped him.

“Why are you going to leave? If there’s someone who needs to leave…it’s that man!” I told him.

“Clarise…you don’t know what you’re saying…he’s still your father” he said and I smirked.

“What is that guy doing here?” dad asked with anger in his voice.

OK. Here comes the villain and he will surely cut our heads off. Oh well, I don’t care, I know that I’m stronger than him and he will not do anything to me. I will fight for Jiyong till the end, and I will make sure that dad will see how much I love him.

“He’s here for me” I answered coldly.

“Young man…didn’t your parents taught you respect? I want you out of my sight now!” dad said and I looked at Jiyong and hold his hand tighter.

“He will not leave just because you want him to…first of all…this hospital is not yours…second….he knows respect more than you…so don’t talk like you have it in your system…coz truth is….you’re the only human being in this world who doesn’t know what respect means and what’s it all about” I told him and he was about to slap me when Jiyong blocked his hand.

“Sir…there’s no need to hurt your daughter…I’ll leave now” Jiyong said and I looked at him in disbelief.

“GO! LEAVE!” dad shouted in anger.

“NO! He’s not leaving” I said and I know that from there, my dad’s patience is already below sea level.

“I don’t know what I did to you that made you treat me like this” dad told me and I smirked.

“You want to know the truth? Fine!…I hate you!…SO MUCH…because you took away my life away from me….all you want is for you to be happy…you’re so insensitive…you always tell me what I need to do…I’m sick of being your follower…I’m sick of being your precious display…I might’ve forgotten some events from my past…but I will never forget the pain that you always bring to me even from the beginning” I said.

This is what this man needs. He has to have someone who will make him realize his mistakes, but with how he looks, I know so well that he’s not listening to me.

“I want the two of you out of this hospital now….from now on Clarise…you’re not my daughter anymore…I will forget about all this…but never show your face in front of me again” dad said and I smiled at him.

“Thank you…actually…I’ve turned my back on you first…because in my mind and heart…you’re nothing…even from the start” I said and dragged Jiyong out.

I can’t understand why I’m crying a river now. This is what I want, right? FREEDOM, then why am I hurting so much? I should rejoice now because no one is going to get in between me and Jiyong anymore, I can live my life the way I want it to be.

“Clarise” Jiyong said and I stopped from walking.

“Go back” he told me.

“What? Why will I? Haven’t you heard that man? He wants us to leave…and that’s what we’re doing…c’mon” I said but he just stayed in his place.

“Oh c’mon Jiyong!” I said and he smirked.

“I don’t know why you just let your family turn their backs on you…Clarise…no matter how much you hate your dad…he’s still the one who brought you into this world…you owe him a lot” he told me and I looked at him in disbelief.

What is up with Jiyong? Isn’t he supposed to be happy because my dad has already given up on us? I mean, the wall that is blocking our happiness has fallen down already and we don’t need to fight for our relationship anymore.

“Go back now…please” he insisted and I took a deep breath.

“Jiyong…I’m telling you…once I go back to that room….I will not go back to you anymore…there will be no US anymore…Jiyong…if you want me…fight for me…because I’m done fighting for you” I told him.

“Wow Clarise! Why does it sound like you’re the only one who’s making an effort to keep this relationship going? I also fought for you and is still fighting for you…if you only know how much pain I have to go through just to keep you…and now…it seems like you’re not seeing it all…I’m telling you to go back in there because I don’t want your family to be messed up especially now that your Grandpa is suffering from an illness…he needs his family more than ever…and you not being there will just make things worst” he said with tears in his eyes.

I don’t know how and why we got to this p

Please log in to read the full chapter