WHEN I MET YOU, I JUST FOUND MYSELF EXPECTING A LOT.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Sir…Gab is on the phone right now…he wants to talk to you about something important” my secretary said.

“OK…I’ll talk to him” I said and picked up.

It’s been months since my encounter with Clarise and Charles. Up until now, I still can’t believe that my own children hates me and is sick of living with me already. I don’t know  why they’re being like that, as far as I know, I’ve done everything for them, I gave them all the luxuries this world has to offer and now, this is what I’ll get. I am much hurt with Clarise. Yes, I’m really strict when it comes to her and it’s only because she’s my one and only daughter, the rose among the thorns and the gem that our family will forever protect and treasure. I know that in one way or the other, I’ve forced her to do things that she doesn’t like but as time pass by, I’ve loosen my grip on her and she can do anything and go anywhere she wants to, the only problem is, she’s gone way too far to the point that she already abused the freedom that I given which resulted with me being more strict to her again. She can’t blame me, I’ve given her my trust and all she did was break the simple rules that I’ve imposed on her.

“Gab” I answered.

“Good Afternoon Uncle” he greeted.

“Good Afternoon…what can I do for you?” I asked.

“Well…you have to know something important” he said and I got curious all of a sudden.

“And what is this important thing?” I asked.

“Well Uncle…I just want you to know that Clarise has amnesia right now….she had a major car accident months ago” he answered and I gasped in shock.

What is this kid talking about? My daughter has amnesia?

“Are you fooling around with me?” I asked.

“Believe me Uncle! I went to the hospital to check her records…and that’s when I confirmed it…I’m telling this to you because I know that you have the right to know” he said.

“What happened to her?” I asked.

“This happened on the night that you left Seoul…Clarise is going somewhere using her fiancée’s car and after a few minutes….she discovered that the car break is not working and it made her panic….next thing she knows it…she’s already hit by a truck…the car was total wrecked while Clarise got a head injury….bruises and wounds all over her body and was even in coma for almost two months” he said and at that point, I’m already shaking.

My daughter in a coma? I can’t believe it! I’ve taken care of her for so many years and not even let one mosquito bite her and now, she’s experiencing all of this?

“Coma?” I asked in shock.

“Yes Uncle….she was in a coma because of her head injury…but don’t worry…she already woke up weeks ago…the thing is….all she can remember is her past and not the present…I think her memory stopped till the year two thousand nine…all her memories after that year is already erased” he told me.

“How is she now?” I asked in worry.

“She’s fine…Aunty is here and she’s taking care of her” he answered.

“Isabel knows everything and she hasn’t even told me” I said and Gab sighed.

Isabel is really going to get it from me. How can she hide my own daughter’s accident? She almost faced death!

“I’ll go there as soon as possible…and I’ll make sure that Clarise will go back with me here…she’s not well protected there....my daughter doesn’t deserve this!” I said in anger.

I have to be there! I need to get my daughter out of that place! Those people whom she believes that will take care of her, fails and I will never let her be in another accident again.

“I want you to book a flight for me to Korea” I told my secretary.

“And why are you going to Korea?” my father asked.

“Dad! I didn’t know that you’re there!” I said in shock.

Am I going to tell my father about his granddaughter’s situation right now? Clarise is my father’s favorite grandchild and she’s everything to him. If I tell him what happened, he’ll do everything just to make her go home. Oh well, maybe he can help me.

“I’ve already found Clarise dad” I told him.

“Really?” he asked and I nod.

“I’ve seen her already months ago” I said and my old man looked at me with anger in his eyes.

“Dad…I know that I should’ve told you about this the moment I found her” I said.

“You are going to get it from me if something happens to my granddaughter!” he said.

“Actually…I need your help dad” I told him and he looked at me seriously.

“What is it?” he asked and I took a deep breath.

I know that he’s going to be so angry, but I don’t have a choice, I have to ask help from him just to get Clarise back.

“Clarise got into an accident” I said and his eyes got big from shock.

“WHAT?!” he shouted.

“She had a car accident…but no need to worry now…she’s already fine” I said.

“And how can you be sure that she’s fine now?” he asked.

“Gab told me….he’s my eyes there and he assured me that she’s fine” I answered and sighed.

“The only thing is….” I said nervously.

“What?” he asked.

“She was in a coma for months and when she woke up…she was diagnosed with Amnesia…Gab told me that all she can remember is her past” I continued and my dad fell on a chair in shock.

“Dad! Are you alright?” I asked frantically.

Dad has a heart problem and is very prone to attacks. I’m regretting on telling him about Clarise’s situation now.

“BOOK A FLIGHT TO KOREA….NOW! WE WILL LEAVE TONIGHT!” dad ordered and his secretary obeyed right away.

This is what I need. I need my father’s help to get Clarise back. I know that she can’t say no to him for she treasures her grandfather so much and will do anything for him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Our trip is almost over. We’re on our last stop now which is Jeju Island. We’ve been to Daegu, Busan and Daejon already and all I can say is, I just can’t get enough of the beauty of this country. Jiyong and I are having a blast and we don’t want this to end.

Well, this pre-honeymoon is really going out so well. I also have a strong feeling that I’m gonna be pregnant anytime soon. We are really eager to hit the jackpot this time.

“Wake up now honey! I want to go to the beach now” I said while shaking him by the shoulders.

“mmmm”

“Jiyong….you have been sleeping for so long already! Get up!” I said and he turned to face me and grabbed me by the waist.

“OOOOHHH!”

“Can I get an hour more sleep?” he asked while hugging me.

“But…I really want to go to the beach now” I said and he gave me a peck on the lips.

“OK…fine…go back to sleep and I’ll just go to the beach alone” I said and he chuckled.

“I know your ways honey…you’re making me feel guilty now” he said and I laughed.

“No….seriously…go back to sleep and I’ll just walk around the beach for a while” I said.

“OK…be back after an hour” he said and I kissed him and stood up.

Oh well, I guess he’s really not in the mood to wake up early. Actually, I’m discovering a lot of things about him these past few days and there are times that it leaves me in shock. I don’t have anything to say when it comes to his sweetness, he really is a romantic man and will do all things possible just to make me happy. Thing is, his patience is not that long. There was a time when we were in Busan and was roaming around the Gwangbok-ro fashion street, I was entering every store in that long street, at first he was fine with it but then after an hour of walking, he seems to be a little grumpy and snobbish already and when I asked him why he’s acting like that, all he said was, “I’m tired…that’s it” and walked away. Well, I can let those things pass anyway.

“OH!” he said when I walked out of the bathroom.

“I thought you’ll sleep more?” I asked.

“Yes…I will…but…what are you wearing?” he asked and I looked at my outfit in the mirror.

                                                                                                       

“Huh?” I asked.

 

“It’s too y” he said and I chuckled.

There goes Jiyong’s conservative side once again. We’ve been swimming these past days already and he always watches over my swimsuits. He’s fine with y ones but he has to be with me if I want to wear it because according to him, there are so many guys who cannot stop themselves from looking at me and he doesn’t want other guys to look at my body.

“It’s just fine honey” I told him and he sat up and sighed.

“Why do you have to be that hot?” he asked and I laughed.

“Are you trying to get on with me again?” I asked and he chuckled.

“After seeing you in that swimsuit…YES” he said and I shook my head.

“Jiyong…we had done it last night…aren’t you tired?” I asked and he shook his head.

“HONEY!” I protested and he laughed.

“Arasso…you can go out in that outfit…but be sure to not talk to other guys” he said like a dad and I rolled my eyes at him.

“Yes dad!” I answered and he stood up from bed and I started running away.

“Yah!” he shouted and I stopped at the balcony.

“Go back to bed !” I joked and he ran towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Am I a ? Huh?” he asked and started tickling me.

“NO! You’re not! Stop it!” I said in between laughs.

“I’ll leave now…have a good sleep…think about me…OK?” I said and he nods.

“I’m always thinking about you…no need to remind me” he said and I pushed him away from me.

“You’re so cheesy!” I said.

“I love you” he said and gave me a peck on the lips.

“I love you too” I replied.

There are times where I’m wondering how many times we say I love you each other. Actually, up until now, I can’t believe that I’m already able to say those three words easily. Before, I don’t even want to say it and now, it comes out naturally.

The moment I went out, I took a deep breath and absorbed the fresh air of the place. It feels so good to stand on the sand and look at the endless sea with the sun hitting your skin. It is so relaxing an

Please log in to read the full chapter