SHE'S JEALOUS.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I don’t know what to do with Clarise anymore. She’s being so negative and totally out of element right now and I cannot believe that I snapped out of annoyance awhile ago. I shouted at her and I know it scared her and I’m totally regretting it now. I told myself that I will never do that again, I know where she’s coming from and the reason why she’s acting like a little kid, I should’ve let her act like that.

Now that our relationship is about to be revealed, I have fears and worries but at the same time, I’m just fine with it being publicized. I know that it’s going to be a big deal and it’s going to have an impact on my career, but who cares? I’ve found my life in Clarise’s arms and I will not let go of her no matter what.

“Good Morning mom” I greeted when I saw her in the living room.

“Jiyong! Good Morning…have a seat” she greeted back and I took a seat opposite to hers.

“uhmm…mom?” I called.

“Yes?” she answered.

“I’m sorry for being careless…I should’ve disguised more yesterday” I told her and she smiled at me.

“Jiyong…you don’t have to say sorry…actually…this is only an eye opener for Clarise” she said and I looked at her, confused.

Eye opener? I can’t understand what my mother in-law is saying.

“Maybe this is God’s way of teaching Clarise her lesson…that…she should’ve think twice even before deciding to run away from home….that if she just became open to her dad about her problems with him…she will not be in this situation now…she doesn’t have to hide” she said and I sighed.

Her mom is correct. If only Clarise became honest to her dad, she will not be an alien here in Korea and she will not have to hide. I don’t know why I haven’t thought of forcing her to solve her problems with her dad, as a boyfriend, I should’ve told her that running away is bad.

“I should’ve asked her to go back home” I said.

“Jiyong…I know why Clarise never thought of going back home….it’s because of you…you’re everything to her…honestly….this is the first time that I saw my daughter fighting for what she wants…yes…she’s been fighting for her freedom before but this is just too intense…her heart is the one who’s working wonders for her now…unlike before…it’s her mind who’s ruling her….and I want to thank you for that” she said and I smiled at her.

Clarise has always been a girl with the most carefree heart. She’s like a bird that just goes with where the wind takes her. And now that she’s fighting for us, I will fight with her even if it will take me to different dimensions. I will go out of my comfort zone if I have to, I’m ready to face her dad and I will make him see the real beauty of his daughter.

“Clarise is really a wild flower….she can pretty much grow in any place….I’m not saying this because I’m her mother…but she really grew up here in your country and in your care” her mom said and I nod in agreement.

“Wow…hearing that from you is really overwhelming…I don’t know if hiding her from her dad is the right thing but I’m ready to fight for your daughter…you can count on me with that” I told her and she gave me a warm smile.

I’m not going to lie, I’m proud that I’m the one who changed Clarise and seeing her grow up to being the woman that she has to be is really an achievement. I can’t even put in words how thankful I am to God for giving her to me.

“Wait…I noticed Clarise awhile ago…she’s crying when she arrived here…what’s happening? Did you have an argument?” my mother in-law asked.

“I…I shouted at her awhile ago because she’s acting like a kid and is so negative…she drove me nuts honestly and I’m sorry for snapping out like that….I just can’t absorb everything…..I am trying to keep my cool because I don’t want her to see me falling apart whenever she tells me about her dad and what he’s capable of doing…I am afraid of her dad and I don’t even know if I can protect her from him…he is a strong man…he’s capable of doing things that an ordinary person like me can’t” I told her with a shaky voice.

“Jiyong…I know that it’s really hard for you and I can totally understand why you snapped out like that….Clarise can really get pessimistic in times like this….don’t worry…I’m going to talk to her about this” she said.

Well, in the end, Clarise was scolded a bit by her mom and I can’t believe that I’m the one who caused it. AISH! Why is our day starting so bad?

“I’m sorry”she apologized.

I’m so glad that Clarise and I was able to patch things up right away. We said sorry to each other and that’s just it. This is the good thing in us, we don’t let our misunderstandings take hours to be solved.

“I’m going now” Clarise said when we reached Charles hyung’s car.

“OK…call me once you arrive at the office” I told her.

“Honey” she called and wrapped her arms around my neck.

“mmm?”

“I love you so much…I’m sorry for my immaturity” she said and I chuckled.

“No need to say sorry….I know where you’re coming from…it’s all cool…and I love you too….so much” I told her and she kissed me.

Aigoo. This woman. She’s really good in make-up kisses and this is driving me crazy once again.

“You should go now…I might not control myself and next thing you know it…you’re in bed with me again” I joked and she pushed me away from her.

“Gosh honey! Give me a break!” she said and I pulled her close to me and hugged her.

“I just can’t get over this body” I told her and she smirked.

“And I can’t get over your y moments” she said and kissed my cheek.

“OMO! JIYONG OPPA! JIYONG OPPA! OPPA!”

OH! Why is she here? It’s been a long time since I saw her.

“Jiyong oppa!” Eun Ae called out, making Clarise look at her with curiosity.

*In Korean* “OH! Eun Ae! Waaa….when did you came back?” I asked.

“uhmmm…two weeks ago?” she answered.

“Two weeks ago and you haven’t even called me?” I asked and she giggled.

“I’m sorry oppa…I don’t want to disturb you…I know that you’re really busy” she answered.

“EHEM”

“OH! Eun Ae…this is Clarise….Clarise….this is Eun Ae” I introduced and they just smiled at each other.

“uhmm..I better get going now….I’m already running late” Clarise said.

“OK…Call me once you get there…and drive safely” I said and she nods at me.

“OK…uhmmm…can she understand English?” Clarise whispered to me.

“I can” Eun Ae answered.

“Ow! uhmm…nice meeting you” Clarise said while offering her hand for a hand shake.

“Nice meeting you too” Eun Ae replied and they shook hands

Please log in to read the full chapter