I'M GOING BACK THERE.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

NO! This is wrong! Why am I even listening to this guy in the first place? He’s saying all these to find my weak point and with the way I’m thinking right now, I’m about to give in to him already.

“Dad…I know that you’re pushing this option because you need it for your company…don’t fool me…you don’t care about Grandpa’s company at all…what you want is…money and power…you’re just using me” I told him and he smirked.

“Look Clarise…I may be a bad father to you…but I’m also a son…dad’s company is really important to me because without it…I won’t be living a life of luxury and convenience…I owe it all to my father and to his company and now that it’s about to break…all I want is to save it” he said and I sighed.

“I’m gonna hang up now…bye” I said and hanged up.

OK. So I was a bit shaken there and I feel so guilty for almost biting his bait. I feel like I’m already betraying Jiyong for I nearly agreed with my dad in marrying Gab. Gosh! I really need to get out of here as soon as possible and go back to where I really come from. I need to be with Jiyong again so that my mind will be at ease and I’ll not think about these stupid things anymore.

I don’t know what to do this anymore! Days has passed by so fast and up till now there’s still no clearance on the questions in my mind, investors are slowly coming in and I feel like a beggar begging for food and money just to live. I’ve been meeting a lot of people here and there, but none of them seems to be interested in making a deal with me. Honestly, I’m already losing hope and I’m about to give up.

“What’s up?” Calvin asked when he walked in my office.

“I’m damned!” I answered.

“Clarise…I know that this is really giving you a lot of pressure…but please…don’t let it go into your head that much” he said and I hissed.

“How can I not get it in my head if this ing problem isn’t even making any progress? We’ve been working our asses off…day and night just to get this over and done…but what? Look at where we are right now…we’re still in the dark trying our ing hardest to get out of it…but we can’t…we’re locked and is only waiting to die” I break down.

“You know what? I think you’re done with this…I mean…you’re drained…tired…and totally over this….what you need to do is go back home to Korea and breathe for a while” he said and I shook my head.

“I can’t…if I’m going back there…this company will be eaten up alive and our hardships and efforts will just go down the drain….I want to finish with this first before going back to Korea…in that way…I don’t have to think of it so much” I told him and he sighed.

I know in myself that I’m already about to give up and I’m just waiting for the day that I’m gonna call this whole thing off, but as long as I’m still sticking with my hope, I will not let go for I know that if Grandpa is in my situation right now, he will not even think of giving up instead, he’s going to fight his way till the end and I have to the same.

“You’re being a monster as days pass by…and rest is all you need” he pushed and I rolled my eyes at him.

“I told you…I DON’T NEED TO REST NOR GO SOMEWHERE! I’m staying here and I’m going to finish this ! I won’t let this company be owned by some stranger!” I yelled.

“OK…it’s all up to you…but…I really would like it if you’ll consider resting for a while…after all…Carl and I are doing the best that we could to help” he said and all I can do is take a deep breath and stare in space.

After that, I continued with my work and drowned myself with so much paperworks. Truth is, for these past few days, I’ve been working like a non-stop machine twenty four hours a day. Jiyong and I rarely get to talk to each other already for we are both busy and our only way of communicating is via SMS. It but we both can’t do anything about it.

“Madam…your mother is in line one” my secretary said.

“OK…I’ll pick it up” I said.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hey little girl…it’s mom” she said.

“Hi mom! What can I do for you?” I asked.

“Well…Calvin called me awhile ago and he told me that he’s really worried about you already” she answered and I rolled my eyes.

This is what I hate. I hate it when my family members are all ganging up on me and telling me what to do. I know that they’re just concerned about me and all they want is for me to be alright, but I don’t need any rest now and even though I badly need it, I can’t for I have a company to save and I’m already running out of time.

“Mom…I know that I’m being a monster and a deep pain in the …but…I don’t need to rest…I can still take it” I told her and she sighed.

“But Clarise…you’re too occupied right now and all we want is for you to breathe for a while so that you’ll be able to go on with solving this huge problem” she said.

“Thank you for your concern mom…but…as I’ve said…I don’t need any rest right now…after all…I’m going to stop if I feel like I need to stop already…don’t worry about me…I know my limits and right now…I haven’t reached it yet” I said.

“OK…it’s up to you…but please…don’t work yourself too much…this whole thing will end soon and you will succeed in this…I’m always beside you in everything that you do…just…don’t let things eat you up” she said and tears pooled in my eyes.

“Thanks mom! That’s what I needed…some support and enlightenment” I said.

Mom talked to me about her day and a lot of things that involves her business. I’m so happy for her coz she’s about to open a new restaurant in France and she’s planning to go back to Korea any day from now to plan for her upcoming restaurant  there plus Trish is asking her to go back since TOP is being too busy and nobody is accompanying her anymore. Oh gosh! I miss my bestfriend already! We haven’t talked for days already and I totally need some of her bright words right now.

“Good Afternoon! This is Trish” she answered and I laughed upon hearing her being so formal.

“Oh gosh nippy! What have you eaten? Why are you oh-so formal?” I asked and she laughed.

“Because I have to…and this is the right way of answering a call” she answered and I laughed harder.

“OK….fine…Love it!” I said.

“Wait…is this true or am I just dreaming? Are you really Clarise? I mean…my nippy hasn’t called me for ages already” she said and I smirked.

“This is true dummy! So…what’s up? How’s my nippy doing?” I asked and I heard her sigh.

“What’s the matter? Is there any problem?” I asked worriedly.

“Well…I miss you so much and I’m dying to see you…being here alone is so lonely and I don’t even have someone to share my pregnant moment with” she answered and I chuckled.

“You can always tell TOP about it…I mean…he’s your other half…so it’s just normal for you to share things with him…but still…I know that saying it with a girl friend is different…I miss you too so much momma!” I said and she laughed.

“How can I talk with TOP if most of the times he’s not here? The boys are so busy right now that I rarely see my boyfriend anymore…he’s been missing a lot actually…for I’ve been to my doctor two days ago and saw the baby again…I showed a picture to him and all he said is… “why is our baby so small?” I mean….c’mon! I’m just three months pregnant…what is he expecting to see? A full grown baby?” she said and I laughed so hard.

This is totally insane! Trish and TOP is really an adorable couple and every time Jiyong would talk about them, I can’t help but laugh at all the stupid and comedic things that they do to each other.

“Nippy…he’s a first time dad…of course he doesn’t know what a baby looks like inside of its mother’s womb…just understand him” I told her and she hissed.

“But still…he can at least just say… “oh darling…our baby is so cute” I’m totally in need of someone who can appreciate everything right now” she whined.

“I’m so sorry for not being there nippy…I know that you’re counting on me to be with you in every step of the way…don’t worry…once this problem of mine is finished…I’m going to be there for you all the way” I told her.

“aww nippy…you don’t have to say sorry…I know that you’re going through a really tough time right now…actually…I feel like you need me the most during this time…and I’m sorry for not being there” she said and I sighed.

“Nippy…I can totally understand your situation…you can’t go here because you’re so fragile right now and there’s no need to apologize…just you being there with me in spirit is fine…I really appreciate all the support” I said.

“OK…I don’t want to cry and to be so cheesy...anyway…how’s everything going there?” she asked and I sighed.

“Well…let’s just say that we’re not making any progress…up till now the numbers are still high and I don’t know what to do with it anymore” I answered.

“Jiyong told me everything about it…and I’m totally shocked with how things end up…I mean…I find it really weird…your Grandpa is an expert when it comes to business and I know that he will not do anything that will ruin his own company…this whole billion debt is really question

Please log in to read the full chapter