I KNOW SO WELL THAT GRANDPA LOVES ME AND YOU'RE THE ONE WHO HATES ME.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I’ll be leaving for home today and I’m feeling really anxious. Eleven months of not going home is really a long time and I’m sure that a lot of things have changed already. Charles on the other hand is more nervous and anxious than me, of course, after three years of not coming home, he’ll once again step foot on the place that he has ran away from years ago. This trip will surely be memorable for us and it might change our lives as well.

“I HATE THIS!” I shouted while checking my luggage.

“Honey…I feel the same coz we have to be separated for a few days…but let’s just think that we’re doing this for Grandpa” he said and I sighed.

“I swear! If one of these days you’ll call me and say that you can’t follow already…I’m going to break up with you…I’m serious!” I said and he laughed.

“Yah! You can threat me all you want…but don’t tell me about break ups…I’m really going mad” he said and I laughed.

“I’m sorry” I said and hugged him “It’s just that…I want you to be there with me…I get my strength from you and you know so well that I’m gonna need that” I continued and he hugged me tightly.

“I know…that’s why I’m doing everything in a fast pace already so that I can go there as soon as possible” he said and I just stared at him.

“Am I disturbing your work already?” I asked and he sighed.

Well, I know that I’m not in the right place to demand right now for he has so many important thing to do, but I can’t stop myself from demanding because I really need him there, he’s the one who can keep me sane in times where insanity is already threatening to eat me.

“Want to know the truth?” he asked and I nod “You are...but it’s all good…after all…I also want to visit Grandpa” he continued and kissed my forehead.

“You can leave after the weekend honey…I know that you still have a lot to do here” I said and he chuckled.

“Aigoo…I know those tactics of yours already…you’re going to act like it’s all fine…but the truth is…it’s really not and you’re just testing me if I’m going to fall in your trap” he said and I smirked.

“I’m serious! You can go home after the weekends” I said and he pinched my cheeks.

“How long are you staying there by the way?” he asked.

Truth is, I really don’t want to stay there for long, but if Grandpa requests for me to extend my stay, I will.

“I’m not sure yet…Charles and I have agreed that we’ll stay for a week or two…but…we both have a feeling that we will not last for two weeks” I told him and he laughed.

“Same here…I have a feeling that you’ll be the one who’ll bug Charles hyung to bring you  back here already….AISH! I cannot last without you for weeks! Actually…I’m still figuring out how to sleep later coz I know so well that it’ll be hard for me” he said and I gave him a peck on the lips.

“I don’t even know what to think…knowing that we’re a plane away from each other” I said and he hugged me tightly.

It is really hard to be away from each other, especially when we’re so used to being together every day.

Hours passed by and it’s time for us to leave. Mom, Trish and the boys all went to our apartment to say their goodbyes. Gosh! Why do I feel like I’m not going back?

“Jiyong…you don’t have to send me off…just go to your rehearsals instead” I told him but he shook his head.

“Seriously honey…there’s no need…it’ll just be hard for me to leave” I added.

“Honey…I’ll send you off…C’mon” he said and I sighed.

“You’re just making all of this so complicated” I said and he kissed my temple.

When we arrived at the airport, my emotions just burst out and I found myself crying while hugging Jiyong. I know that I’m just exaggerating, but I can’t help but feel sad. It’s not our first time to be away from each other, but this is the first time that I’ll be leaving him and what’s worst is, I don’t know how long will I stay there.

“If you’re going to cry like this…it’ll be harder for me” he said while wiping my tears.

“What if something came up and you’ll not be able to go there anymore? then…it’ll take a long time for Grandpa to be fine…Jiyong…that just means that we won’t be seeing each other for a long time” I said in between sobs.

“Aigoo…there goes your imagination once again…and your what if’s…I promised to go there this weekend..right?…so I’ll be there no matter what” he said and I sighed.

“OK…I’ll count on that…see you in two days” I said and he hugged me.

“Wait for me there…OK?” he said and I gave him a peck on the lips.

“Be a good boy Jiyong…don’t play around too much…I’m telling you…I’ve got a lot of people to watch your every move…they will update me every hour of everyday” I told him and he burst out laughing.

“Do you think I can still play around with my busy schedule? Honey…I’m always a good boy…so no need to worry” he said and I smirked.

“Whatever!” I said and he hugged me “I love you” I said sweetly.

“I love you too…so much” he replied and kissed me.

This is really hard. I cannot explain why I’m acting like this when I know and I’m sure that he’ll do everything to follow me, but then I’m still feeling sad.

“We’ll leave now” Charles said and I hugged mom tightly.

“I’ll try to go there as well…I’m still convincing Trish to go with me…and once she agrees…we’ll go there right away” she said and I nod.

“We’ll see each other in two days…OK? Take care of yourself…I love you” Jiyong said while leaving soft kisses on my lips.

“I love you too…see you soon…eat on time…OK? Call me whenever you’re free” I told him and he nods.

My nerves shoot up the moment Charles and I settled in our seats. I’m scared for I don’t know what’s waiting for me back home.

“Ready for this?” Charles asked and I smirked.

“No…but do we have a choice?” I asked and he laughed.

“This is going to be one heck of a comeback” he said and I chuckled.

“I’m having mixed emotions now...I’ll ready myself for a lot of things that might happen” I told him and he nods in agreement.

After a few hours, we have finally arrived and the moment I stepped my foot on my motherland, my heartbeat raced and my mind went blank.

“There they are!” Charles said while pointing at the twins.

“Hey!” Carl greeted.

“How’s your journey?” he asked and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

“It went smoothly…I’m a little nauseous though” I answered and he looked at me with worry.

“Are you alright?” he asked and I nod.

“I am…don’t worry…I just need to rest this” I answered and he smiled at me.

“OK…let’s go home first so that you can rest for a while and then…we’ll go visit Grandpa” Calvin said and I nod in agreement.

A funny thing about coming home is that, everything still looks the same, it still smells the same, feels the same. Then you’ll realize, what changed is you.

“I feel freaked” I told my brothers upon seeing our house.

                                                                                                              

 

“Same here” Charl

Please log in to read the full chapter