NO NEED TO THANK ME, THE MERE FACT THAT I'M SEEING YOU HAPPY RIGHT NOW IS ALL GOOD TO ME.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Oh by the way…this is Clarise…Richard’s daughter…and this is Jiyong…her fiancée” Nana introduced and I smiled at her.

“Hi…I’m Tia…your father’s girlfriend” she said and we shook hands.

I don’t know, but she looks a little snobbish to me or maybe she’s just pissed coz I borrowed her daughter without even asking her permission.

“We’re sorry we borrowed Carol” I said.

“That’s nothing…it’s actually good that she kinda bonded with her sister” Tia said and I nod awkwardly.

The girl seemed distant and according to Nana, it’s actually a rare moment that she’s here at home this early. I’m a little intrigued now. I’m dying to talk to her.

“uhmm…are they in the nursery?” I asked after having my snacks.

“I think so…why?” Nana asked.

“I want to know more about Tia” I answered and Jiyong looked at me and I can feel that he’s not cool about the idea.

“Honey…is that even needed? I mean…she looks a little uncomfortable around you” he said and I sighed.

“I don’t know…but I just feel like talking to her…it seems like she wanted to tell me something but then she can’t open it up” I said and he looked at me weirdly.

“There goes your gut feel once again” he said and I gave out a pout.

“You know what? I think that’s a good idea…that girl really needs some enlightenment…she’s a bit disorganized and I think she needs someone who will help her organize her thoughts and maybe in that way…she will wake up from reality that she has a responsibility here” Nana said and I smiled.

Jiyong is really against my idea of talking to Tia but in the end, he gave in. So, I head to the nursery right away and took a deep breath before opening the door. Here we go.

“Hi” I greeted.

“Hi” she greeted back awkwardly.

“Is it OK if I stay here?” I asked and she looked a little unsure of what to answer.

“Sure” she said and I sat on the couch.

I actually thought that this will be easy for I have already programmed all the questions in my mind and the flow of our conversation, but now, I’m a little lost for words.

“How old are you?” I asked and she looked at me.

“I’m twenty three” she answered.

Oh gosh! She’s twenty three and is just a year older than me. I can’t believe this! Why will she hook up with a man who is thirty years older than her? I mean, c’mon! I wouldn’t even dare to date a guy who is ten years older than me.

“I know you’re shocked coz I’m young” she said all of a sudden and I smiled at her.

“If it’s Ok with you…may I ask… how did you meet my dad?” I asked carefully and she sighed.

“Well…I’m a waitress in a club where your dad always go to….then my boss…who is a good friend of his introduced me to him…we had a great time talking to each other then next thing I know it…I’m already in love with him” she answered.

“And what made you fall in love with him?” I continued asking and she looked down on the floor.

“To tell you honestly….at first…I’m up for the money…all the girls in the club were telling me how rich your dad is and I kinda thought that it will help me a lot if I’m going to hook up with him…but then…as time passed by…I’ve discovered a sweet and very caring guy…that changed everything” she answered and I smirked.

I knew it! Well, it’s very common already. Most girls hook up with my dad because he’s got a lot of money in the bank. Before, I used to hate these girls because I don’t even know why they’re giving this douche bag a chance to love them.

“No offense….but…you find my dad sweet and caring?” I asked and she chuckled.

“At first he was” she answered and I know that there’s something in those words.

“Why? What is he like now?” I asked.

Don’t tell me my dad is hurting her coz if that’s the case, I’ll surely kill my father and I don’t care if I’ll end up being in jail.

“Is he hurting you?” I asked and she shook her head for a gazillion times.

“No…he’s not…it’s just that…the reason why I chose to live with him is because he promised to take care of me and love me…you see…my parents died already…my dad passed away because of a heart disease when I was six then my mom committed suicide months after my dad’s death…I am an orphan and I grew up with the care of some relatives….I had a very hard life and I even came to a point where I’m already selling my body just for me to live…and then…here comes your dad who is ready to get me out of my dark world…and of course…I welcomed him with open arms because all the while I thought I’m going to be happy with him…but it turns out that I’m still in a dark world…the only thing is…I’m living in a beautiful house and I can have everything that I wanted…I have a beautiful baby but then…I’m not ready to be a mom yet…I just want to enjoy my life now that I can buy whatever I want and go to places that I want to go to…I know that I’ve neglected Carol already…and I feel so bad about it…but I’m not ready for her yet…I don’t even know how to be a mother…what’s worst is…I’ve got nobody to help me with it” she said in between sobs.

This is really eating my whole being up. I feel so bad for judging her, I have called her a bad mom and hated her because of not taking care of my sister but what I didn’t know is that, she’s got some problems and issues with herself that is yet to be resolved.

“I’m sorry for that Tia…I can’t believe that I’m gonna say this…but…I’m asking sorry in behalf of my dad…he’s really a jerk” I said and she chuckled.

“You hate him…right?” she asked and I smirked.

“Is it that obvious?” I asked.

“Nana always tells me things about you…actually…I really want to meet you…that’s why I came home early for us to cross paths” she said and I smiled at her.

“uhmm…why are you always going out? I mean…where are you most of the time?” I asked curiously.

“I’m always with my friends…I know that this is very childish…but yeah…I guess I’m just hungry for fun coz I wasn’t able to experience it before” she answered and I nod.

And our conversation goes on and on and on. She opened her whole life to me and I did the same. I can say that I now know where she’s coming from and I can’t blame her for acting like a single lady when she’s already a mother simply because she herself is growing up as well, she’s not ready for Carol and is trying to face the reality that she’s already a mother, thing is, she feels so alone that’s why she’s finding happiness through her friends.

“You know what? I’m desperate to be a mother already…Jiyong and I are trying to make one…but unfortunately…God isn’t giving us one yet” I told her.

“It’s hard to be a mother…actually…I don’t want to be one…it’s just that…I can’t do anything about it anymore…after all…Carol is really a beautiful child…and I love her so much” she said and I smiled at her.

“You’re really lucky because you have her…and don’t say that you’re alone…you have Carol now and she can really be a source of happiness…spend more time with her….and you will realize that she’s better than all of your friends” I said and she nods in agreement.

“I want to tell you something…I’ve never told this to anybody” she said out of the blue and I looked at her curiously.

“What is it?” I asked.

“I’m planning to leave your dad already” she answered and I got shocked.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because I’m not happy Clarise…he’s not even treating us as his family…he never played nor carried Carol ever since she was born…I’m like wind to him…actually…I have told him about this and he got so angry and even told me that I can leave this house and never come back again but Carol will stay with him….or…we’re going

Please log in to read the full chapter