THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE FOR ME.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I woke up because of my phone that is loudly ringing under my pillow. OK. Whoever this is, I’m going to crack his/ her neck for waking me up so damn early.

“Hello?” I answered with my morning voice.

“Lovely sister!” Charles said.

“Oh gosh Charles! Why do you have to call this early?” I asked in annoyance.

“Because…you have to be here by ten and it’s already eight” he answered.

“And why do I have to go there?” I asked.

“Grandpa’s lawyers called the twins awhile ago and told them that they need us…for they will tell us about our old man’s last will and testament” he answered and I rolled my eyes.

“I’m not interested in any wealth or properties Charles and you know it…I have to say pass to that...after all…your dad and his sisters will be the ones leading everything anyway…and they don’t want to see me….so I’d better not go” I told him and he smirked.

“Clarise…you have to be there because the lawyers are dying to talk to you…you’re the highlight of this meeting” he said and I sighed.

OK. I pretty much know about Grandpa’s wealth being passed down to me for he’s been telling me that for ages already, but I don’t think that I have to go in that “family meeting” because I’ll just cause chaos and arguments there.

“But…I don’t want to be ganged up by them…I mean…we all know how hurt they are…I’ll surely be their target later” I said.

“I know…but…just do this for Grandpa…I’m so sure that he wants you to be in that meeting…in the first place…you are there to get what is yours…and they can’t do a about that” he said and I took a deep breath.

“Fine! Jiyong and I will go there” I said finally.

“OK…see you in an hour?” he asked and I hissed.

“Alright” I answered.

As much as I don’t want to go, there’s this voice telling me that I have to go because Grandpa wants me to. I’m not ready for whatever those lawyers will say or give to me for we all know that I’m totally against having the company for my own, along with all the other properties that my Grandpa passed down to me.

My mind and heart is having a battle and my heart is winning. I’m drowned by my thoughts that I didn’t even notice Jiyong coming out to the balcony.

“You’re smoking” he said and I looked at him in surprise.

Jiyong hates it whenever I smoke and vice versa, we are trying our best not to smoke already and we’re succeeding so far, but this is morning can be an exception for I’m really stressed out and I just want to relax my nerves and calm my mind.

“I’m sorry honey…I know…you’re mad at me for smoking but I really need this right now” I told him and he smirked.

“What’s going on? Why are you in deep thoughts?” he asked and wrapped his arms around my waist from the back.

“We’ll be having a “family meeting” later...Grandpa’s lawyers were the ones who called for it” I told him and he kissed my shoulder.

“Then….what’s the problem with that?” he asked.

“Honey…we both know that my dad and his sisters will just gang up on me because I’ll be having what is supposed to be theirs” I answered and he sighed.

“I know that…but…you don’t have to care about them…look” he said and turned me to face him “They will continue picking on you even if you don’t show up later…so might as well go there and show up” he continued and I nod.

“OK…I’ll go…but you have to come with me” I told him and he just stared at me.

“Honey…I’m not needed there and I don’t have the right to be there…your dad will just get mad if he sees me….I might as well wait for you outside than see him face to face” he said and I sighed.

He has a point. Dad will just pick on him too and I won’t be able to stop myself from fighting back if that happens. Gosh! Why is it so hard to be in this family?

After our talk, we head to the pool area already to clean our mess last night. We have agreed that we’ll clean it up instead of the maids.

“Good Morning kids!” Gramps greeted upon seeing us.

“Morning Gramps!” I greeted back and hugged him.

“How was your date last night? Was it a success Jiyong?” he asked and Jiyong chuckled.

“It is Gramps…we had a blast” he answered and Gramps looked at me in a teasing way.

“Oh c’mon Gramps! I know that look…you’re teasing me!” I whined and he laughed.

“I’m just happy because you look so contented and fulfilled…my hands down to Jiyong though…he’s the one who put a smile on your face and the sweetness in your system” he said and I hissed.

“That sounds so cheesy…but I have to agree with you in that” I said and they laughed.

“By the way….you guys have to follow me to my office…I’ve got something to show you” Gramps said and the three of us head to his office.

I don’t know what’s waiting for us in Gramps’ office but I do have a feeling that it will have something to do with our wedding. OK. I’m feeling so jittery now.

“See this?” Gramps said while showing us a box.

“Yes” I said and Jiyong nodded.

“These rings are handed down by your great grandparents to me….they told me to give this to my daughter once she gets married…but unfortunately…your mom doesn’t have any plans of getting married anymore…so I thought…this will fit you…since you’re going to get married soon” he said and I looked at him in surprise.

                                                                                                                  

 

“OH GOSH!” I said in shock.

“What can you say Jiyong?” Gramps asked.

“Wow! I’m…just…wow!” he said and Gramps laughed.

“I’m giving this to the two of you now” Gramps said and handed the box to Jiyong.

Seriously, is this day the day of hand me downs? I mean, Gramps gave his treasured possession to us and later, Grandpa will be giving me a lot of his properties. This is crazy!

“And there’s one more” he said and Jiyong and I looked at each other and all we can do is smile and wait for Gramps.

OK. This is definitely mind blowing for I haven’t seen this coming yet.

“Days ago…Jiyong and I talked…right? And I asked him if you guys have a house already…and he said that he has two and all you h

Please log in to read the full chapter