WHO IS THAT GUY?

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“I can’t believe that I’m agreeing to this” Charles said and I just smiled at him.

“I can already imagine dad’s face right now” he continued.

“Don’t think about him anymore…he’ll get over my loss in just a snap…trust me…a major company problem can make him forget that I ran away” I told him and he smirked.

“As if! We both know that you’re dad’s precious gem…and your loss will definitely make him go crazy!” he said and I rolled my eyes at him.

“Yeah..I’m the precious gem that he will use in the future to expand his company” I said and my brother looked at me, confused.

“I’m so sure that he will force me to marry some rich man’s son” I said and he laughed.

“That will be fun! At least you’ll not be fooling guys anymore” he said and I shook my head.

“It will be the start of my worst nightmare if that time comes….and who told you that I’ll stop fooling around with guys? I don’t want to be boring…this is my way of having fun” I told him and he smirked.

“But whether you like it or not…you have to follow orders and go by the rules…coz if you don’t, your well respected family name will be at stake” he said and I chuckled.

This is why my brother gave up his last name. Well, I hate my last name as well but I can’t get out of it yet. Yes, it is well respected but I’m telling you, carrying this name is really a big pain in the . We are forced to follow whatever our dad tell us and he will remind us that we don’t have a hold on our lives, that we live up for the name and we have to be as good as everybody in the family. We have to think of our reputation first before doing something and we should always be watchful of our actions.

But then again, that doesn’t apply to me. While my two remaining brothers are letting our dad manipulate them, I was out in the clubs, partying. I’ve realized that I want to have my own identity, that I don’t want to be stuck in this name for the rest of my life and it’s time to change the norms. Life is too short. Your life is in front of you and all you have to do is live it the way you want it.

“Wait…we have a problem” Charles said all of a sudden.

“What is it?” I asked.

“I don’t have a spare room for you…as you can see…I’m living in a bachelor’s pad and I only have one room” he answered.

“That’s not a problem! I can sleep on the floor or on the couch” I told him.

“And do you think I’m letting you sleep on the floor? Have you even experienced sleeping on the floor? All I know is, you have to softest bed that this world can offer” he said and I smirked.

“FYI…I always fell asleep on the floor whenever I’m drunk” I told him proudly.

“You’re really crazy!” he said and we laughed.

“I’m serious…sleeping on the couch is no problem to me” I said.

“OK…you can have my room…but be sure not touch anything in there…I’ve realized that you need some privacy as well…and you’re a girl” he said and I laughed.

“We’re both girls…remember? Or have you had a change of heart?” I asked him and he slapped my arm playfully.

Well Charles is gay. SURPRISE! Nobody in our family knows about this except for me. He has always loved Barbie and make-up’s ever since he was young and is often scolded by our dad whenever he sees us playing. The main reason as to why Charles chose to live far away from home is because of this. He’s totally sick of hiding and all he wants to do is show how gay he is and to be himself. I am really proud of him for he had the guts to run away and turn his back on our family.

“Actually…sleeping with you in one bed is really nothing to me…I mean…you’re my brother…you’ve seen everything already….we can just stay in one room” I told him and he sighed.

“Fine! We’ll stay in my room…but please…wear something decent whenever you sleep” he said and I nod.

Charles toured me around his pad and it was small but well decorated and cozy. This place is really far from where we use to live before, we’re used to a big high ceiling house with big glass windows and antique furnitures but this is much homey than  that big house.

“This is my room…it’s big and I think another bed can fit here” he said while I look around.

“How many years have you been living here again?” I asked him.

“Three years…why?” he answered.

“Nothing…I just can’t imagine how hard it is for you to live alone…I mean…three years of not even seeing your family and going home is a bit lonely” I said and he chuckled.

“The only family I have is you…and you know that…my mother passed away years ago and I don’t want to be with dad...I do miss home sometimes but Korea is more like home to me” he said and I hugged him.

“Don’t worry…I’m already here…we are going to rock Korea” I told him and he smirked.

“Stop that! I know what that “ROCK” means…I’m telling you…I agreed for you to stay here coz you told me that you want to change for the better but if you get into so much trouble…I’ll be the one calling dad and I’ll tell him that you’re here and he has to get you because you’re a big pain in the already” he said.

“I will change for the better…just give me time” I told him and he nods.

I did promise that I will change but I’m not that sure when will I finally decide to change fully. I mean, I do like the way I live, I’m a free spirited person and if I’m gonna force myself to change in a snap, I might fail so I’d better take it little by little and maybe in time, I’ll find the perfect formula to that “change for the better” thing.

“Do you have work today?” I asked him while we’re watching television.

“I don’t…I’m free for the day” he said and I clapped in excitement.

“So can you tour me around Seoul?” I asked.

“Oh gosh! I don’t have money for that yet” he said and I looked at him in disbelief.

“I thought you’re job is paying you big” I said.

“Yes…but I just bought a new car and my savings we’re a little drained right now” he said.

“Don’t worry…I have a lot” I told him and he looked at me curiously.

“Don’t tell me you stole money from dad…please Clarise…stop your shocking confessions already…I’m near to having a heart attack” he said and I laughed.

“I didn’t steal anything!” I told him.

“But you told me that you have a lot of money…how did you get a lot when you’re not even working” he said.

It kind of hurt when I heard that. I am a total bum and I depend on my dad for allowance. I’m a business management graduate and I had experienced working before but I don’t really love the corporate world and that world doesn’t love me back so we didn’t click. I told my dad that I don’t want to work anymore and he agreed with it.

“I sold my car and my mum gave me this big savings account” I told him proudly.

“You sold your car?! Are you insane?” he asked in shock.

“I don’t have a choice…I need money to start up a new life…my savings won’t be enough to keep me alive” I answered.

“OK…I’m going to tour you around some places…but tomorrow…I’ll find you a job” he said and I looked at him in disbelief.

“Whatever…wait…can you bring me to some clubs here? I’ve heard that Korean night life is really fun” I said and he rolled his eyes at me.

“Yes…like you…rich kids here party hard…OK…I’ll bring you to this beautiful and high-end club later…but promise me one thing” he said and I wait for him to continue.

“Don’t hook up with anybody” he said and I laughed.

“OK…for you…I promise” I said with my right hand raised.

I will be a tourist for today and I’ll make sure that I’ll document this tour for Trish to see. How I wish she’s here so that we can shop and roam around the city freely. I’ve heard that fashion is also a big thing here in Korea, so I’ll try to look fashionable as well.

                                    

 

“Ready?” Charles asked and I nod.

My brother seems to know everything and he really is a skilled driver unlike me who always gets busted driving while drunk or beating the red light.

“Where will you take me first?” I asked.

“I’ll bring you to Dongdaemun market” he answered.

“Market? Market as in Market?” I asked.

“Yes! I know that you have seen one already but haven’t stepped a foot inside it” he said and I laughed.

“This is so exciting!” I shrieked.

Truth is, I still have a lot of things to discover like this market, I have seen one but never been to one. All I know is that they sell raw fishes and all kinds of foods in there and it’s looks like a grocery store but a little noisy and hot.

“Here we go” he said and I looked around.

                                                                                 

Please log in to read the full chapter