YOURS AND ONLY YOURS.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I really don’t know what’s happening to Jiyong. Awhile ago, he was all positive about everything and now, here he is, being a total jerk who is saying non-sense things to me.

“I don’t know…I just have a feeling that …you trying to get investors would screw up and you’ll end up falling back to option one which is marrying Gab” he answered and I hissed.

“Are you insane? Jiyong…if all these fails…I’ll willingly give the company to the bank…I will not even think twice…I will not give you up just because of this company…and you know that so well…I’m annoyed with you right now because you’re being a total pessimist…I’m trying my best here to get this in company out of this problem and you being so negative is not really helping…I’ve been out all day talking with people and almost begging them for help and here you are…crushing all the hope that I have when you are the one who I thought I  can count on to give me strength…what’s happening is….you just gave me this freakin fear that one of these days…our relationship will go on ruins and that is because you gave me up already” I said while crying.

“Honey…I’m sorry…it’s just that…my mind is really scattered right now…I’ve been thinking of so many things…my fears are also killing me…I’m really sorry” he said.

“Jiyong…I feel dead already because of all this and I’m afraid of so many things right now…I just want someone who will tell me that everything will be alright and it can still work out” I told him.

Silence came next and all I could hear is his breathing. I feel so bad with what he said for I’m not even thinking of resorting to my dad’s option and I’m not even expecting him to fall hopeless right away.

“I’m gonna hang up now…I still got lots to do” I told him.

“OK…I’ll call you later…take care…I love you” he said and I sighed.

“OK…bye” I said and hanged up.

I’m mad and so annoyed with him right now that I can’t even make myself say “I love you” to him. My heart is now in fear after what he said for I have a feeling that he can give up so easily.

After that, I worked my off in the office and checked all the records of the company. I have seen a lot of good records and even with the world recession years ago, the company was able to keep up, the only question in my mind right now is, what exactly happened that made Grandpa borrow a large amount of money without even consulting anyone?

“Hey sister!” Carl greeted when he walked in the office.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Well…I dropped by your mom’s house awhile ago to check on you but she told me that you’re still here in the office…so….I’ve decided to go here” he answered and sat on the chair in front of my desk.

“Why are you still here by the way? It’s past working time already” he asked while checking some papers.

“I’m still figuring out why Grandpa borrowed that money and I’m talking to different people to ask for help” I answered.

“It was said that Grandpa borrowed money because he wants to expand more internationally…right?” he asked and I sighed.

“Yes…but I’m not seeing any reports here that says something about that…and just by looking at the numbers here in our records…it’s clear that we don’t have to borrow a huge amount of money just to expand coz we have a lot” I told him and he looked at some of the records.

In the end, Carl and I worked together to get things figured out. I’m just so thankful that my brothers are willing to help me with this problem and I can already feel that we are going to succeed in this. We have also agreed that we will not give up the company no matter what for this is our Grandpa’s sole legacy.

“We need to go home now…it’s almost one in the morning” Carl said.

“Oh gosh! Time is really fast!” I said and he nods in agreement.

“You see…when you’re working your damn off…you will not even notice the time…welcome to our world Clarise” he said and I chuckled.

“Honestly…your world ! As in TOTALLY!” I said and he laughed.

“Well…it does …but do we have a choice? We are meant for this job sister” he said and I hissed.

“YOU ARE…but…I am not” I said while shaking my head.

“What are you planning to do with the company? Are you going to take over it or are you going to let somebody handle it for you?” he asked while arranging the papers.

“I’m planning to appoint somebody who is an expert in handling a company and who knows how it really works…but on the other hand…I also want to be hands on to it…I don’t know…all I want now is to finish this freaking problem” I answered.

“Don’t worry…these kinds of problems are really normal for big companies…we’ll get through this” he said and it uplifted my hope.

I went home full of hope and expectations. I’ve done a lot of things today and I’m hoping that my efforts won’t go down the drain and that I’ll soon figure things out for the company. What I’m sure of right now is that, I’m up for a big challenge and God gave this to me because he knows that I can pass through this.

“Mom!” I said in shock when I saw her in the living room.

“Hey little girl!” she greeted.

“Why are you still awake?” I asked.

“Well…I’m waiting for you…it’s so late already...you’re working too much” she answered and I sat beside her.

“I need to work hard mom…I have to get this problem solved as soon as possible” I told her and she rubbed my back gently.

“You have to rest too…it’s much harder to work when you’re sick” she said and I smiled at her.

Truth is, I’m totally tired of all the things that I’ve done today and just by thinking that I’ll do them once again tomorrow is enough to get me go crazy.

“Oh! By the way….I have something for you” mom said and stood up to get something.

“Here…a special delivery for you” she said while holding a humongous bouquet of flowers and a box of my favorite chocolate.

OK. I think I know where these gifts came from. Truth is, this isn’t a gift but a peace offering. Gosh! Jiyong really is one heck of a guy when it comes to getting my heart once again.

“These are from your husband….he called me awhile ago and asked a favor…and that is to buy your favorite chocolate and three dozens of red tulips” mom said and it made me smile.

“And he told me to tell you to check your email…he sent something for you there” she added.

“Thanks mom!” I said and hugged her.

“I know what happened and I think it’s better if you two will talk things out…I mean…you have to understand Jiyong too…he’s just afraid of what might happen and I think he’s conditioning himself for the unexpected…it’s natural little girl…you can get mad…but you also have to think that Jiyong is much affected in this more than you” she said and I sighed.

“But…he doesn’t have to be so negative…I mean...the way he told me those things are like saying that it’s just fine for me to marry another guy” I said and she looked at me seriously.

“Jiyong’s mind is as twisted as you…and as I’ve said…he’s losing hope but that doesn’t mean that he’s going to give you up just like that…and trust me….he wouldn’t even dare to give up on you after all the things that he has to go through just to get you” she said and I nod.

Well, mom’s right. Jiyong wouldn’t even think of giving me up for he has worked and put so much effort in fighting for me, he even have to go against my dad just for our relationship to go on.

All I want to do now is rest and sleep, but then I remembered that mom told me that Jiyong sent something for me through email, so even though my body just wants to rest and my eyes are almost shutting down, I dragged myself to get my laptop and checked my email.

 

Honey,

I know you’re not talking to me and that you’re really mad right now, but I hope you’ll read this. I am really sorry for what I said awhile ago. It was a stupid thing to do and I knew that even when I was doing it. I love you so much and just by thinking that there is a possibility of you marrying another guy is enough to drive me nuts. I can’t bear the thought that I’ll lose the best thing in my life. I made a mistake and I want to do whatever it takes to prove to you just how sorry I am.

Please log in to read the full chapter