I PROMISE, WE'LL FIGHT TOGETHER.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

OK. Breathe. No need to panic, it’s just Grandpa anyway. Oh ! NO! The last thing I have to do now is be calm. Why is this happening when everything seems to be going back to normal already? I mean, I’ve already accepted me having amnesia and I’m trying to move on, then here comes my family, ready to mess things up for me again.

“Grandpa?!” I said in shock and he gave out a small smile.

“Baby girl…aren’t you going to hug grandpa?” he asked and Jiyong put me down.

So, my grandpa saw me enter my apartment with Jiyong while I’m on his back. OK. That is really weird and awkward.

I don’t know, but my nerves really went wild the moment my grandpa looked at me with his serious stare. As I walked towards him, the whole room seemed to stop for no one is making a noise, mom and Trish walked out of the room and they looked really shocked and scared. Who wouldn’t be scared? My grandpa can really be a beast sometimes.

“How are you?” he asked while hugging me.

“I’m good!” I answered cheerfully and he pinched my cheek like he usually does whenever he sees me.

“uhmm…how about you? How are you?” I asked while trying to sound happy.

“Well…I’m getting older as days go by….and you running away adds up to my aging…I keep on thinking about you” he said and I felt guilty all of a sudden.

“Let’s sit down and talk” I said and led him to the couch.

I don’t know how to pull this up. I’m so sure that Grandpa doesn’t know about my amnesia and I have no plans in telling him that I’ve just survived a major accident coz he’ll really freak out and I’m so sure that he’ll go ballistic and I don’t want that to happen because he’s already old and he can have a heart attack any time.

“Ah! Grandpa…I want you to meet someone” I told him when he settled on his seat.

“Is he your boyfriend?” he asked while pointing at Jiyong.

“Yes…his name is Kwon Jiyong” I said and Jiyong came near us and bowed at Grandpa.

“Good Afternoon Sir…I’m Kwon Jiyong” he greeted.

“Take a sit” he said and Jiyong sat down beside me.

This is so nerve wracking! Actually, this is the first time that Grandpa will meet a boyfriend of mine because I’ve never brought one home before.

“So…how old are you?” Grandpa asked Jiyong.

“I’m twenty four years old Sir” he answered and I can feel that he’s nervous just by hearing his voice.

“Are you working? A student?” Grandpa asked again.

“I am part of a band Sir…uhmm…I’m an entertainer” Jiyong answered and I looked at him and smiled.

“So you’re a celebrity?” Grandpa asked.

“Yes Sir” Jiyong answered and I rubbed his back gently.

“He’s popular Grandpa…his group’s name is Big Bang and they are known all over the world…Jiyong is also a producer and a song writer…he composes most of his band’s songs” I bragged.

I have to brag about Jiyong to impress Grandpa because I don’t want him to end up like my dad who degraded Jiyong just because he’s “just” a celebrity.

“So you earn a lot” Grandpa said and Jiyong just chuckled.

“Well….I can’t say that I earn a lot…but I earn enough to buy things that I want” Jiyong said.

“He can pretty much have a family now coz he has saved up a lot” I said and Jiyong looked at me and I winked at him.

Grandpa seemed to be a little shock when he heard that. I know that he doesn’t have a clue about my engagement though I also have a feeling that dad already told him about it.

“Your dad told me that you two are planning to get married already” Grandpa said and I smiled at him.

So my guess is right. Grandpa is already aware of our marriage plans and I’m quite shocked because he looks like he’s so cool about it.

“Yes Sir…we are…I already asked her hand for marriage” Jiyong said all of a sudden.

“Young man….did you know that Clarise ran away from home?” Grandpa asked and I looked at Jiyong nervously.

“Yes Sir…I’m aware of that” he answered.

“Haven’t you thought of telling her to go back home? You know so well that what she did is wrong…right?” Grandpa asked.

OK. This is not going out well already. I have a feeling that Grandpa will make Jiyong feel guilty for not telling me to go home for I have a family who is worrying about me.

“He advised me to go back home already but I didn’t listen” I answered instead of Jiyong and he looked at me.

Well, I don’t really know if Jiyong really did that for I cannot remember anything that happened to us in the past, but what I know is, I have to make sure that Grandpa won’t have any reasons to break us up.

“And why is that baby girl?” Grandpa asked and I took a deep breath.

“Because….I don’t want to come back home anymore….Grandpa…I know that what I did is wrong and I’m really sorry for worrying you…but….I just need my freedom…I’m already sick of the strict rules you impose on me…I don’t want dad to manipulate my whole life...I ran away for my own sanity” I told him and he smirked.

“Clarise…we have given you everything that you asked for…we’re being strict to you because you are our only girl…you’re so precious to us…and we don’t want you to end up in a wreck…we just want your life to be beautiful” he said and I sighed.

“But…my life before is not as beautiful as you thought it is…if you only know how many nights I spent crying…I’m so sure that you’ll pity me…Grandpa…I don’t want to follow any rules anymore…I’m really sick of it” I said and I can say that I’ve already hit a nerve.

I don’t know why I’m saying all this to him. I know that he’s hurting inside because he’s hearing these things from his favorite grandchild, but I have to, I need to, for my life go out well.

“I can’t understand you….so what are you trying to say? You’ve found your freedom here in Korea with your borrowed identity? Clarise…I know all the things that you’ve done just to get here…and I’m really impressed

Please log in to read the full chapter