FREEDOM.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I’m a girl living in a howling city. My life is full of stories and my world is not as perfect as I want it to be. The world is my playground and its people are my toys. Yes, I’m the woman who doesn’t care about anything. I live my life as if I will not live again tomorrow. I am a happy go lucky person and no one can define me.

I belong to a well respected family or shall I say, well respected last name. I grew up in a very “hard to understand family”, we are twisted and my father has a lot of “branches”. What do I mean by “branches”? Well, I am an illegitimate child, my mother hooked up with my dad twenty two years ago and she actually thought that the man that she loves is in-love with her but after months of fooling each other, I popped out of nowhere and he left her. My father doesn’t care about my mother at all, for she’s just a rich woman living in a boring world while he’s a rich man living in a fame and luxury. He does cares about me a lot and I hate it. Why? Because I am obligated to follow whatever he says and I have to do whatever he wants me to do, but the things is, I don’t want to follow the norms so he’s forcing me to follow it. I am the only heiress in our family, I have three older brothers and two of them are living under the shadows of my dad while the other is living his life away from the name and the fame of this family. Many people are watching over me coz according to them, I’m going to bring success and luck but it is really suffocating.

I hate the concept of love, I hate how people adores it, dreams about finding Mr. Right, broken promises, flowers and chocolates and a lot more. Ever since, I see all men like food, they expire and rot or once you’re sick of eating it, you just have to throw it away and buy another food that is new to your buds. For me, men just makes a girl cry and hate themselves and I believe that girls have to step up, they have to play the game as well; ditching as a hobby, cheating as a normal thing and breaking hearts as a routine. I date, I’ve had so many relationships in the past and I’m about to end one, right this very minute.

“Why is it all of a sudden you became cold to me? I don’ think you still love me” guy # 20 said.

“Let’s just say that I’m sick of this already” I told him.

“You’re really unbelievable Clarise…what do you think of me? A toy? After a week of playing me you’re going to ditch me?” he asked.

“That’s the rule…1 week then I’m out...I told you…you should’ve think twice before making a move on me…thank you for everything” I said and kissed him on the cheek then walked out.

One week. That’s how long they last. No one extends and some give up after a day.

“You’re really a bad ” Trish said when I came back to our table.

“I don’t understand why I’m always labeled as the “bad ”….I mean…these guys knows that I’m not for keeps and yet…here they are….following me and hooking up with me” I said.

“I actually don’t know if the problem is them…or you…they’re es…they know so well that you’re just going to fool around but they’re still going gaga over you” she said and I laughed.

Don’t judge me yet. I am a good girl and I respect all the species of this world, I just have this weird issue with men.

“Where have you been? “ Dad asked the moment I opened the lights.

“Wow dad! I didn’t notice you there” I said and walked pass him.

“I’m not yet done with you! Oh I see…you’re drunk…AGAIN….what do you think are you doing?” he asked in a scary father tone.

“Dad…this is me! I’m not the daughter that you want me to be….just accept it…I don’t want to be under you…I don’t want to be in your shadows….I’m sick of following you dad…I don’t want to be your puppet anymore” I told him and he slapped me.

I’m used to this cheek slapping thing. I get this almost every month, it’s like a medicine already. I’m already numb and this is totally normal.

“You should count yourself lucky Clarise coz you belong in this family…you shouldn’t waste your life with partying and drinking and hooking up with some rich guy…you have a family to protect…OK…since I’m your father and I’m used to this already…I’m going to let this pass….now…go back to your room coz you’re gonna be grounded for a month” he said and I just nod.

Cool, huh? A twenty year old being grounded for a month is really rare. As a matter of fact, the word grounded is my favorite word out of all the gazillion words in this world. I’ve been hearing it forever and I know how to get out of it everytime.

“Hello?” Mum answered.

“Mum…you need to get me out of this house already” I told her.

“What did you do again?” she asked worriedly.

“Do you even have to ask? Is clubbing a new word to you?” I asked.

“Honey…I know that you’re sick and tired of following your dad…but please…have a little respect on him…he’s still your father” she said and I rolled my eyes.

“Yes…I’m already there…but mum…he has to learn respect first before I respect him…I need to get out of here…NOW!” I said and I heard her sigh.

“Don’t tell me you’re grounded again” she said and I smirked.

“I’m a little child” I said.

“Honey…please don’t do anything stupid…please” she begged.

“I’ll only behave if you get me out of here” I told her.

“How? You know so

Please log in to read the full chapter