SWEETEST REVENGE.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I feel weird about this whole conversation with Calvin. My heart is racing so fast and I cannot organize my own thoughts. I have a feeling that he’s about to blurt out something that will surely turn our lives upside down.

“Look…just….go direct to the point” I told him and he sighed.

“Dad and your father in-law are the ones to blame for your problems…what’s happening to you right now is all a set up…everything is a lie…the billion dollar debt…dad wanting to help you…EVERYTHING is a lie” he said and I still can’t get it.

“Look Clarise…we accidentally saw all of the company’s records before and after Grandpa died…they were all clean and the company is not having any problems…in fact…we are hitting the market in a full swing” he continued and I gasped in confusion.

“This is literally juicing my mind…I saw those records four years ago…Grandpa’s financial adviser and his staffs have shown and presented everything to me…and it was so clear that the empire is on the verge of bankruptcy for we are in big debt…and now…you’re telling me that there is a different record…this is just so twisted!” I told him.

OK. Call me an idiot or a bird brain or whatever you want to call me, but I just can’t get everything as of this moment. I know that this thing will surely make a big explosion once it went out already, but I’m still crawling in the dark because of confusion.

“We have talked to the members of the board already and all the higher staffs…they told us that they were given the same records as yours and they haven’t even seen the records that we saw in the archives section” he said.

“Wait…how were you able to find those records by the way?” I asked curiously.

“Carl overheard Mr. Guichen days ago while he and dad were talking…and your father in-law said something about a fake record and some unfinished deals…and you know Carl…that is as intelligent as Einstein…he has analyzed the whole situation and came up with this plan which is to raid the whole archives section of the company…lo and behold…we stumbled upon confidential records and poof! There’s the truth…just waiting to be found” he said and I felt a rush of anger and hope at the same time.

“They will really get it from me” I told him.

“Clarise…if I were you…go here as soon as possible so that this will end already and you can go back to your normal life once again” he said and I nod.

“That’s another problem” I said.

“Why?” he asked.

“You know so well that I’m being watched every second and every move…it’s not easy to go there at all…plus…I have kids to take care of” I answered and he sighed.

“I’ll see what I can do….just keep your lines open…I’ll call you as soon as we’ve planned of something already” he said.

And with that, my whole being seemed to lit up with hope. I don’t know what I did to my dad that made him do this to me. I cannot even believe that he planned this whole just to get what he wants.

I was so bugged and too occupied by the whole thing that I just found myself staring in one place while fiddling with something in my hand. Oh! I’m still holding the tape that fell out from my bag. I wonder what’s in it.

With a twisted mind and newly regained hope, I decided to sleep already with my diary beside me. I’ve read almost half of it and I’m enjoying every word in it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(Next day)

Sleeping with your brain working at its best is so hard. I wasn’t able to sleep at all. My eyes are just closed but my mind is wandering off and all of the things that Calvin told me flashed back and from there, my blood boiled and I cannot wait to claw each one of my enemies.

“Thank God you’re already here!” I told Charles when he walked in the kitchen.

“What’s the matter? Why did you call me so early?” he asked.

“I’ve got some juicy things to tell you” I answered and he took a bite of the toast that I made for him.

“If it’s about some random guy that you want me to meet…I’m not interested…AT ALL!” he said and I smirked.

“This is not about some random guy for you know so well who this guy is…and…you’ll be so interested in him that you will end up wanting to kill him” I said and he looked at me with narrowed eyes.

“Then…who is this ?” he asked.

“It’s our father” I answered and he seems to lose interest.

“What’s so interesting about him?” he asked and I smiled wickedly at him.

My hate for dad is up to the heavens and it doubles whenever I recall all of the things that I have to go through just to save Grandpa’s company.

“He and my freakin father in-law is ganging up on me…they did something to put me to where I am now” I told him and he looked at me in confusion.

“O…K…what’s that supposed to mean?” he asked.

“Well…Calvin called me last night” I said.

“And?” he asked.

“He told me that they found another company record hidden somewhere in the archives section of the company...and it says there that the company is doing good and it’s not in big debt” I answered and he froze in his place.

“So…what you mean to say is…dad and Mr. Guichen…lied to us about everything?” he asked and I nod.

“They manipulated the whole thing…the twins doesn’t know the  whole story behind all of this yet…but…they’ve been investigating for days now…in fact…they want me to go back home to settle things out…and for the truth to be revealed” I told him.

“Then go home! Clarise…this will end everything! You’re going to be free already!” he said and my hopes just went a million notches up.

“I cannot leave my kids in just a snap…and…my in-laws will surely suspect that I’m up to something if I tell them that I’m going back home…of course I’ve got to have a reason why I’m going back” I told him and he sighed.

This is the hardest part of it. I’m stuck here in the States and I’ve got to thank my in-laws for that. They have told me strictly, that I’m not allowed to go out of this country without their permission and if they happen to permit me, I will still be guarded by big dudes and my every move will still be reported to them. Asking for permission is easy, the thing is, what reason will I think of giving them?

“I’m actually afraid to leave the twins here for I don’t know what will my in-laws do to them once they’ve learned that I already know what they’re up to” I said.

As a matter of fact, I’m not sca

Please log in to read the full chapter