OPPOSITES ATTRACT.

BOOK OF LOVE
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“When love is not madness, it is not love”

Time flies by so fast. It seems like yesterday, I was just a student who is struggling in life. Now, I’m doing well and life is being so kind to me already. This is when I can really say that things happen for a reason. Wheels turn and there will be times when you’re stuck down there, but once it turns and you’re on top, you’ll feel all the wonderful things in the world. As the saying goes “When it rains, it pours”

“We really have to go now” I grabbed Eun hee and Dong min by the arm and pulled them back to the car.

“Wait” Dong min removed my hand on his arm and stopped me from walking.

“What the hell is going on?” he asked and I sighed.

“I got a message from Eon and it says that I have to be in the office NOW…as in NOW” I answered, earning a smirk.

“Pft! He just said that this day is free for you to enjoy and roam around…right?” he asked and I shrugged.

“I don’t know…but…what I do know is that…if I don’t make it soon…I’ll be killed by him and Sajangnim” I said and he shook his head.

I don’t know what’s going on, but I have a feeling that this urgent call from the office is not good at all. This is one problem when you’re hiding something, you tend to get paranoid with whatever is happening and a single call or message will surely get the heck out of you.

“Why are you so nervous anyway?” Eun hee asked while driving.

“Because there is a huge possibility that my relationship with G-dragon is now out in the open and Sajangnim’s head is already on fire for I disobeyed him” I answered and they laughed.

“That’s one thing that you should be prepared about…there are secrets that can last for years without even being known and there are secrets that goes out in the open even before you decide to keep it a secret” Eun hee said and I sighed heavily.

With my head swooning and my heart banging my chest, I walked inside the office and found Eon waiting for me in the lobby. From the way he looks, it seems like something is really going on. I just can’t point out if it’s good or bad.

“What’s going on?” I asked right away and he pulled me down to sit beside him on the couch.

“You will not believe it if I tell you” he answered, making my nerves shoot up.

“What is it? C’mon Eon! Spit it out now!” I am frantic and my heart will drop at my feet any moment now.

“I can’t! I want Sajangnim to break it all to you” he said and I looked at him with my perfect puppy “please…I beg you” eyes.

“NO! Let’s just wait here” he said and I started fidgeting “Stop it!” he slapped my thigh and I swear, I nearly cried because of fear.

Minutes seem to be hours and I’m totally freaking out already. I don’t know what’s happening and I hate being this clueless. I still have a drop of positivity though, but it’s not enough to calm me down. Why are they killing me slowly when they can just stab me right away?

“OH!” I said when JYP Sajangnim and an old guy came out of his office.

“Ishi!” Sajangnim called and I went to them right away.

“This is Mr. Song...he’s the managing director of Banila B” he introduced.

“Good Afternoon Mr. Song” I bowed and he smiled at me.

“Aigoo…she really fits our brand….nice meeting you young lady” he said in his perfect American accent.

“OH!” I gasped in shock and they laughed.

“She can understand Korean actually” Sajangnim said, making me and Eon giggle.

I can really fool people with my looks and it’s kinda funny coz whenever I meet new people, they will always speak to me in English and the surprised expressions on their faces once they hear me speak in Korean is just so priceless.

After chatting a bit with Mr. Song, Sajangnim invited me and Eon in his office already. My heart started racing once again and it’s affecting my breathing as well. I feel like I’m about to faint any time soon.

“Take a seat” Sajangnim said and I do what was told.

“So Ishi…how was your first day in Korea?” he asked while arranging some papers on his desk.

“It went well Sajangnim” I answered and looked at Eon who looks like he’s enjoying seeing me dead nervous.

“Everything’s working out well?” he asked and looked at me intently.

“Yes...my day went smoothly….umm….I spent the whole morning with my friends…we went to Hongdae...shopped and roamed around” I told him and he smiled at me.

“I can see that you are in disguise” he looked at the scarf that is now around my neck and I sighed.

“I’ve thought about this because I’m afraid of how the people might react once they see me” I said and he chuckled.

“Aigoo…don’t worry about a thing…we’ve got things controlled now…Hyan Suk already released an official statement with regards of G-dragon’s cheating scandal and we will be releasing ours by tomorrow as well…I’d be honest with you…you and Jiyong being linked together won’t just stop with a single statement telling that it’s all false…this will go on up until they’ve proven that you are really hitting it on with each other…but…it seems like we are going to risk it for you’d be working with Big Bang one of these days” he said and my eyes went wide in shock.

Both Sajangnims have asked us to distance ourselves from each other and now, I’m gonna work with Big bang where G-dragon is a member. How ironic can things be?

“I’d be working with Big Bang?” I asked and he gave a nod.

“As a matter of fact…you are going to be busy for the rest of the month for we’ve got your schedule packed” Sajangnim said and I looked at Eon who just smiled and patted my shoulder.

“It seems like the recent scandal brought you to the limelight…this is normal for a lot of advertisers are seeing you and their interest is heightening for you keep on making waves in the entertainment circle even before you start a career here” he said and I just stared at him blankly.

As far as my memory can remember, Ms. Kim, my favorite professor of all time told us before that artists make it big in the business when they have more scandals than their television appearances because you are making the people curious and there’s this thing about curiosity that can make you a big star. I guess, this is what’s happening to me right now. I just wish that things will go out positively for there is a huge chance for it to fail, most especially, if people don’t buy them.

“I’ll lay out all your schedules and tell me if you’re cool with it” Sajangnim said and Eon gave me a paper full of appointments and commitments.

“Woah!” I said in shock upon seeing the paper.

“I told you…this month will be so hectic” Sajangnim said and I just sighed.

Well, I’m fine with being hectic, but this is just so insane. I feel like my only rest would just be for a few hours. I know that this is how things really work for an artist, but for a newbie like me, it seems so crazy and totally overwhelming.

And it’s on! Sajangnim is on a roll and it’s making my mind swirl.

“The whole plan is now changed….instead of staying in America for a couple moths more…you will just go there whenever you have something to attend to…I’ll send Eon there in a couple of days to fix everything including all your things…Ishi…you’d be staying here in Korea again” he said with a smile on his face and my nerves just went wild in excitement.

“Really Sajangnim?” I asked in disbelief and he chuckled.

“Aigoo…yes…you will stay here for good….you’ve got a lot of things to do here so it’s better if you come back already” he said and I clapped in glee.

This is really insane! I’m not gonna leave anymore which means, I don’t have to say goodbye to G-dragon again. This is just so good!

“By the way” Sajangnim speak out all of a sudden and I jerk up “Eon told me that you are living in your old apartment…do you really want to stay there for good? I can have an apartment set up for you” he asked and I shook my head.

“I’m all good in my apartment Sajangnim….I know that it’s a bit off to leave there coz the environment is not that good…but…I’m used to the place for I’ve been living there ever since I went here to Seoul....it’s a bit far from here…but…it’s all good” I told him and he sighed.

“Alright…if that’s what you want” he said and I pinched Eon’s thigh under the table.

“YAH!” he protested, making Sajangnim look at us.

“I’m sorry Sajangnim…it’s nothing” Eon said and it made me giggle.

It seems like things are really going my way today and I can’t be much happier. I actually thought that this sudden meeting will be full of scolding, but it’s not so I’m one happy bunny.

“Alright…you’d be training after all your commitments and it will last till the day of your debut…speaking of your debut…we want you to open the year with a bang…so expect to go out in the wild by January….you only have a few months so we really need to fasten things up…your recordings are doing well and the tracks that you’ve finished are all superb…things is…you still lack five songs and I’m hoping that you’ll hit the recording studio soon to finish it” Sajangnim started again and it made me more excited.

So, I’m going to debut this January. Cool! Actually, I’m not that confident with myself yet for I feel like I still need a little more push in everything. My singing is doing great as well as my dancing, but to me it’s not enough. Oh well, I’ll figure things out sooner or later. This just means that I have to step up a notch and work harder.

And it went on and on and on. All of my activities for the whole month are pouring to the point that I lost track of it for a bit. I guess, I’ll be experiencing life in a fast track for I have a different activity almost every hour. From magazine photo shoots and interviews, to doing a cameo for a music video. This is just so insane.

“As I’ve said….you’d be endorsing Banila B and Faceshop for your local endorsements….you’d be in line with idols in this so…you better get ready for the competition starts here…well…it’s not really a competition…but you have to stand up and make yourself visible even if you’re surrounded with big star idols” Sajangnim said and I just sighed for I don’t know if I can handle it.

“As for your international endorsements….Victoria’s Secret is still on…and…a few more brands will be added” he said and Eon handed me another piece of paper.

Chanel and Marc Jacobs. Wow! These are big time names and I’m overwhelmed. This is just too crazy! Having Victoria’s Secret as an endorsement deal is enough, and adding two more is just too much. I’m not complaining or anything, but this is really one heck of a shock for me.

“These brands saw you at the Tokyo Fashion week and they want to get their hands on you…your modeling career will fly so high with these endorsements and I’m so happy for you…I can’t believe that the shy girl who I’ve snatched away from YG is now a supermodel…and take note of this…you have achieved this status in just a short time only…you deserve it anyway so good job and congratulations” Sajagnim said and my heart just melted.

Hearing these words from my boss is really touching. Actually, even I cannot believe that I’m living one of my craziest dreams to think that I was even fooled by a fake modeling agency before. I’m not your beautiful, hanger-type model, but I’m proud to say that I’ve worked hard for me to rea

Please log in to read the full chapter