JUST GOT LUCKY.

BOOK OF LOVE
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Love is active. You can create it”

Waking up with a smile on my face is very rare, but today seems so different. I feel so light, my heart is just so happy and my mind is not even thinking of unpaid bills, work and school. I feel like, God has given me a break from my cruel and stressful life and is now making me feel the other side of it. How I wish this will last long for I’m really enjoying this in full swing.

“You’re my heartbreaker”

I’m hearing it again and I’m being freaked by all this G-dragon thing already. I mean, we have bumped into each other for quite a few times now and I always see him everywhere. Now, even my television is feeding me a lot of him. This is really weird.

“Yeah…yeah” I said and turned off the television.

I have school today, but Eun hee cannot fetch me for she’s not going to class coz according to her, she got so stressed out last night that her mind can’t even function well. In short, she’s just lazy.

“I asked Dong min to pick you up trouble twin” she said while I’m eating breakfast.

“No need mouse…I’m about to leave anyway” I told her.

“He’s on his way already….I called him awhile ago and he told me that he’s gonna leave his house early for his dad is there” she said and I shook my head.

“He’s really distancing himself from his dad….I just can’t get it…I mean…obviously…the man is trying to accept him and he’s the one complicating things” I said.

I really don’t get it. Dong min’s father is trying his best to reach out to him but he’s the one who is distancing and isolating himself from him. We have told him for a lot of times already that he doesn’t have to be cold and distant to his father for it’s just going to make things more awkward. Yes, the old man is still trying to digest his uality but the most important thing there is, he’s trying.

“Get in…quick!” Dong min said the moment I walk out of my apartment.

“Hello! Hello!” I said and settled on the passenger seat.

“So…how’s Ms. Popular?” he asked and I rolled my eyes at him.

“What are you talking about? Minnie! I’m not even popular and I don’t want to be one” I told him and he smirked.

“But even if you don’t want to be one…you have no choice…coz honey….you are already popular after last night” he said and I looked at him curiously.

“Whatever!” I said and he   glanced at me.

“I will prove it to you later” he said and I just nod my head.

It seems like winning last night’s competition really made my name ring all around the campus. The moment Dong min and I entered our building, students are smiling at me and greeting me. It’s just a bit werid for they don’t even give a damn about me at all before. This sudden popularity doesn’t feel so good.

“This is freaky” I told Dong min as we reach our classroom.

“It really is…and you’re about to get freaked once again” he said while pointing at something or someone behind me.

The moment I saw In sook, my mood changed and it really dropped from being so happy to being annoyed. This guy really doesn’t wanna quit even if I’ve already told him that I don’t  like him and I’m not open in being courted anymore.

“Hey In sook!” I said, trying to sound cheerful.

“Congratulations my love” he said, making Dong min laugh his off.

Seriously, I don’t even know how to react to this already. Well before, he’s still a sweet guy who do everything just to impress me but now, he’s acting like we are in a relationship and he’s even calling me “My love” which totally for it’s giving me the freaks.

“uhmm….thank you In sook” I said and he spread his arms wide as if he’s waiting for me to hug him.

“Aren’t you going to give me a hug?” he asked and I just looked at Dong min, who is enjoying all the freakiness.

“I don’t think that’s needed” I told him and he gave out a pout.

“My love…I recorded your performance and here’s a copy” he pulled out a CD in his bag and handed it to me.

“I love you dearly” I read what’s written in front of the case and almost throw up.

“Look…I hate to say this…but….you are a wonderful guy and I can really feel your sincerity but I don’t like you at all…this whole “My love” thing is giving me the freaks and I get annoyed whenever I see you…courting me will just waste your time coz I’m really not open to it…thank you for this and thank you for the time that you’ve given me….but you have to end this…coz if not…I’m going to distant myself from you more and our friendship would be deeply affected” I snapped out and he looked at me in alarm.

“Why? Ishi…I’ve been courting you for years already and I actually thought that you’re feeling the same way for me it’s just that…you’re not ready yet….what’s happening to you now?” he asked and I shook my head.

“In sook…even from the start…there’s no you and me….and I see you as a friend…JUST A FRIEND…nothing more…nothing less” I said and I can really see pain in his eyes.

“Is that so?” he asked and I gave out a nod.

“Alright…but remember this…I will not stop loving you and I will still wait for the day that you’ll tell me about your true feelings” he said and it shocked me.

It seems like In sook is not getting this at all. In his mind, I have feelings for him and I’m just so busy with a lot of things that I don’t want to commit to him yet, but hell! All I can feel for him is guilt, coz I broke his heart and somewhat made him look like a fool.

“You are a bad girl” Dong min told me the moment In sook left.

“Fine! Maybe I am…but he really needs to know the truth…he needs to know that he’s got no hope already…it’s better to be honest than make him wait for nothing” I told him and he sighed.

“But that was just so epic! I’m so sure Eun hee would laugh her off once she sees this” he said while holding his phone and I easily got what he’s trying to say.

“What the hell! Give that phone to me!” I shouted and tried snatching it from him.

“Nope!” he blocked me using his elbow “Nope!” he blocked me using his hand “NOPE!” he pushed me back to my seat and it made my hurt like hell.

“Ms. Shin! Mr. Im! What are you doing? Why are you so loud?” Ms. Kim is once again PMS-ing and I can smell the guidance office once again.

“Nothing ma’am…we are just…having fun” Dong min said and I smirked.

“This is not the right time to have fun! You two are disturbing the whole class” she said and I can feel her anger heightening.

“I want both of you to get out of this class NOW! I don’t need loud and distractive students…OUT!” she said and I immediately grabbed my bag and ran out.

This is so normal already. Eun hee, Dong min and I, always get kicked out of the classroom because of our noise. There was even a time where Dong min brought this fart spray that smells like real fart and sprayed it inside the classroom during our Creative writing class. Of course, Ms. Kim went ballistic and she had us suspended for days because of that.

“That woman really needs a life…I mean….she’s just too hot headed” Dong min said while we’re having lunch.

“I know right! She needs to get laid and feel love…but then again…I don’t think that even the dumbest guy or the most desperate would dare hook themselves up with her….I mean…just look at her! She looks older than her age and I haven’t even seen her smile at all” I said and Dong min froze in his place while looking at something in horror.

“Really Ms. Shin? I need to get laid?” I heard Ms. Kim ask behind me and I just closed my eyes and pray that I’m just hearing a ghost.

“I don’t know…but I’m pretty sure that your parents have thought you to not talk about others behind their back” she said in anger and I just bowed my head down.

“She’s actually an orphan already ma’am…so no parents” Dong min said all of a sudden, making Ms. Kim more angry.

“OK….you two are really getting it….not only have you distracted the whole class awhile ago but you are talking behind my back and even talking back at me….I’ll see you guys in the guidance office” she said and I slapped Dong min’s arm in annoyance.

Here I am again. I’m back in detention and it just feels so good for Dong min is with me, at least I don’t have to do some chores alone. Thing is, we are praying that they won’t let us clean the restrooms coz I  swear! That would really kill me.

“Let’s call Eun hee” Dong min said and pulled out his phone.

“Minnie…phone’s are not allowed” I told him and he just ignored me.

This is how we are in this school. Well, only Ms. Kim treats us as kids and she’s really powerful and influential here that she can make her own rules and she wants it to be this way. She has sent a lot of students, freshman to seniors in detention and even the richest have cleaned restrooms already.

“What the hell do you want?” Eun hee asked with her morning voice.

“Nothing…we need to escape from here” Dong min answered.

“What?” she asked.

“We are in detention right now and is still waiting for our punishment…thing is… I don’t want to clean restrooms so you have to help us get out of here”

Please log in to read the full chapter